IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
babyoll7304
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:26 pm

IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby babyoll7304 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:58 pm

I turned in my applications in the beginning of January and still haven't heard from 7 of 9 of the schools applied to. The schools are my reach schools. Is it safe to assume if I still haven't heard anything that I'm probably going to just get rejected?!!!

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby Knock » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:59 pm

babyoll7304 wrote:I turned in my applications in the beginning of January and still haven't heard from 7 of 9 of the schools applied to. The schools are my reach schools. Is it safe to assume if I still haven't heard anything that I'm probably going to just get rejected?!!!


No.

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby neonx » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:00 pm

WHY ARE YOU TYPING THIS?!

babyoll7304
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:26 pm

Re: IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby babyoll7304 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:03 pm

neonx wrote:WHY ARE YOU TYPING THIS?!


WHY DO YOU CARE?

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby neonx » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:07 pm

Wait . . . I've always wanted to employ this acronym.

DNFTT

babyoll7304
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:26 pm

Re: IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby babyoll7304 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:18 pm

neonx wrote:Wait . . . I've always wanted to employ this acronym.

DNFTT


If you don't have any constructive to add....then don't type.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby hipstermafia » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:21 pm

You're doomed.

User avatar
Magnolia
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby Magnolia » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:25 pm

hipstermafia wrote:You're doomed.

LOL.

But seriously, OP, you're doomed.

babyoll7304
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:26 pm

Re: IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby babyoll7304 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:28 pm

Magnolia wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:You're doomed.

LOL.

But seriously, OP, you're doomed.



You're not funny lol

But seriously, you're actually not funny.

User avatar
Leira7905
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby Leira7905 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:32 pm

Assuming that this is a legitimate post....

Scores? Schools? It will be difficult for anyone to give you any constructive input without your being a little bit more specific about your situation.....

User avatar
Magnolia
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby Magnolia » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:37 pm

babyoll7304 wrote:
Magnolia wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:You're doomed.

LOL.

But seriously, OP, you're doomed.



You're not funny lol

But seriously, you're actually not funny.

Ok. Serious answer. Go to the threads for each of the schools on which you're waiting. There are people who applied in October who haven't heard in virtually all of them. You haven't been waiting nearly as long as everyone on this board. You could very well not hear back until the end of March or April. Not having an answer yet is not an indication of whether or not you'll ultimately get in.

If your concern is that you haven't gone complete or gotten an email/status checker/etc, then yes, that's weird. You should contact the school. Unless it's YLS or Cornell. In that case, keep waiting and welcome to the club.

HTH :lol:

User avatar
Malcolm8X
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Re: IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby Malcolm8X » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:38 pm

You have a LSN account. Use it. I think the general consensus (really depends on your school and numbers) is that the apps are in sorta late, and you'll start hearing from them mid to late march, if not early April. Go to LSN, organize by date submitted, look for your range, and look at the decision time.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby subtle » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:46 pm

OK but seriously. Someone answer this question for me. What *are* Harvard and Yale doing with my applications. My 162 is clearly too low for them. *sigh*

babyoll7304
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:26 pm

Re: IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby babyoll7304 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:47 pm

Thank you. I do have a law school numbers account but so far. I am a splitter at some of the schools and so it's more complicated than the numbers game. I have visited other websites and realize that people have been waiting a long time but seeing at seat deposits are due April 15th at most schools, shouldn't everyone receive an answer by then??

User avatar
Magnolia
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby Magnolia » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:55 pm

babyoll7304 wrote:Thank you. I do have a law school numbers account but so far. I am a splitter at some of the schools and so it's more complicated than the numbers game. I have visited other websites and realize that people have been waiting a long time but seeing at seat deposits are due April 15th at most schools, shouldn't everyone receive an answer by then??

In theory, yes. In reality, no.

babyoll7304
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:26 pm

Re: IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby babyoll7304 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:29 pm

subtle wrote:OK but seriously. Someone answer this question for me. What *are* Harvard and Yale doing with my applications. My 162 is clearly too low for them. *sigh*


Right?! I applied to a few "yeah right" schools just for fun and still haven't heard back. I figured I would have received a quick REJECTION. So what the hell is taking so long?

User avatar
harrijust86
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET...IS THAT BAD?!

Postby harrijust86 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:42 pm

babyoll7304 wrote:
subtle wrote:OK but seriously. Someone answer this question for me. What *are* Harvard and Yale doing with my applications. My 162 is clearly too low for them. *sigh*


Right?! I applied to a few "yeah right" schools just for fun and still haven't heard back. I figured I would have received a quick REJECTION. So what the hell is taking so long?



I think they summarily shred substandard applications and use them as bedding for their office shetland pony....




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions, astridm, fazzvm56, galeatus, Keilz, mt77777, potterotter, RickyBunny, Tazewell and 22 guests