IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:21 pm

JJDancer wrote:
Redsgomarchingon wrote:Just withdrew. Would love to have attended, but it simply wasn't my best offer. goodluck to everyone else with their decisions, and I'm sure everyone who decides to attend will feel right at home at USC :-)

Good luck and enjoy GULC (I think that's where you are headed...)


thanks!

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby glitter178 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:30 pm

I just paid the first seat deposit. :shock: Guess I'm a Trojan... never thought I'd say those words!

Puttanesca
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby Puttanesca » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:14 am

I got a call from someone at USC Law asking if there was anything they could do to help me make my decision. I couldn't answer the phone because I was in class when the person called and didn't get a chance to call back. Did anyone else receive this call? What exactly did the caller mean by "anything?" $$$? lol

feyonce
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby feyonce » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:56 am

just got an email about a scholarship today from usc! 25,000 per year, guaranteed for all three years. :) i have to make my decision by may 2nd, when the seat deposit is due. so excited!!! anyone else get offers today?

I got a call from someone at USC Law asking if there was anything they could do to help me make my decision. I couldn't answer the phone because I was in class when the person called and didn't get a chance to call back. Did anyone else receive this call? What exactly did the caller mean by "anything?" $$$? lol


usually when schools ask if there is anything they can do to help you make your decision, they mean money. :) especially considering that it looks like they're still making pretty nice scholarship offers!

dangerousminds
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby dangerousminds » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:55 am

feyonce wrote:just got an email about a scholarship today from usc! 25,000 per year, guaranteed for all three years. :) i have to make my decision by may 2nd, when the seat deposit is due. so excited!!! anyone else get offers today?


I received $20,000 per year, guaranteed for all three years.

feyonce
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby feyonce » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:02 am

dangerousminds wrote:
feyonce wrote:just got an email about a scholarship today from usc! 25,000 per year, guaranteed for all three years. :) i have to make my decision by may 2nd, when the seat deposit is due. so excited!!! anyone else get offers today?


I received $20,000 per year, guaranteed for all three years.


Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

dangerousminds
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby dangerousminds » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:01 am

feyonce wrote:
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!


Thanks, same to you!

n_gal
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby n_gal » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:35 am

feyonce wrote:just got an email about a scholarship today from usc! 25,000 per year, guaranteed for all three years. :) i have to make my decision by may 2nd, when the seat deposit is due. so excited!!! anyone else get offers today?

I got a call from someone at USC Law asking if there was anything they could do to help me make my decision. I couldn't answer the phone because I was in class when the person called and didn't get a chance to call back. Did anyone else receive this call? What exactly did the caller mean by "anything?" $$$? lol


usually when schools ask if there is anything they can do to help you make your decision, they mean money. :) especially considering that it looks like they're still making pretty nice scholarship offers!


I don't mean to be a buzz kill or anything but I got the same phone call a few days ago and I paid my deposit weeks ago so I don't think they were calling to offer me more money. The girl calling me was a student who just wanted to see if I had any questions. Maybe there are different people calling depending on if you've paid your deposit or not though? Whatever the case, best of luck!

fingersxd
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby fingersxd » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:57 am

dangerousminds wrote:
feyonce wrote:just got an email about a scholarship today from usc! 25,000 per year, guaranteed for all three years. :) i have to make my decision by may 2nd, when the seat deposit is due. so excited!!! anyone else get offers today?


I received $20,000 per year, guaranteed for all three years.



Jealous! I had no luck negotiating. I love USC but they aren't coming close to other offers.

Puttanesca
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby Puttanesca » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:51 pm

n_gal wrote:
feyonce wrote:just got an email about a scholarship today from usc! 25,000 per year, guaranteed for all three years. :) i have to make my decision by may 2nd, when the seat deposit is due. so excited!!! anyone else get offers today?

I got a call from someone at USC Law asking if there was anything they could do to help me make my decision. I couldn't answer the phone because I was in class when the person called and didn't get a chance to call back. Did anyone else receive this call? What exactly did the caller mean by "anything?" $$$? lol


usually when schools ask if there is anything they can do to help you make your decision, they mean money. :) especially considering that it looks like they're still making pretty nice scholarship offers!


I don't mean to be a buzz kill or anything but I got the same phone call a few days ago and I paid my deposit weeks ago so I don't think they were calling to offer me more money. The girl calling me was a student who just wanted to see if I had any questions. Maybe there are different people calling depending on if you've paid your deposit or not though? Whatever the case, best of luck!


I actually got a phone call a little over a month ago from a student asking if I had questions about the school, so I don't know if this new call is about the same thing or if it's something else. I'll call back and see!

n_gal
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby n_gal » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Puttanesca wrote:
n_gal wrote:
feyonce wrote:just got an email about a scholarship today from usc! 25,000 per year, guaranteed for all three years. :) i have to make my decision by may 2nd, when the seat deposit is due. so excited!!! anyone else get offers today?

I got a call from someone at USC Law asking if there was anything they could do to help me make my decision. I couldn't answer the phone because I was in class when the person called and didn't get a chance to call back. Did anyone else receive this call? What exactly did the caller mean by "anything?" $$$? lol


usually when schools ask if there is anything they can do to help you make your decision, they mean money. :) especially considering that it looks like they're still making pretty nice scholarship offers!


I don't mean to be a buzz kill or anything but I got the same phone call a few days ago and I paid my deposit weeks ago so I don't think they were calling to offer me more money. The girl calling me was a student who just wanted to see if I had any questions. Maybe there are different people calling depending on if you've paid your deposit or not though? Whatever the case, best of luck!


I actually got a phone call a little over a month ago from a student asking if I had questions about the school, so I don't know if this new call is about the same thing or if it's something else. I'll call back and see!


Oh, well then hopefully its not! Best of luck!!

User avatar
ms1987
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby ms1987 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:30 pm

Deposited today. Officially a Trojan!

FAR262
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:00 am

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby FAR262 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:16 pm

dangerousminds wrote:
feyonce wrote:just got an email about a scholarship today from usc! 25,000 per year, guaranteed for all three years. :) i have to make my decision by may 2nd, when the seat deposit is due. so excited!!! anyone else get offers today?


I received $20,000 per year, guaranteed for all three years.


+1, got the offer last night

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby JJDancer » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:02 pm

ms1987 wrote:Deposited today. Officially a Trojan!

+1
:) !

Puttanesca
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby Puttanesca » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:49 pm

Seems like a lot of people have been putting down deposits lately! For those who chose USC over UCLA, would you mind telling me why? I'm really struggling with the USC vs. UCLA decision, and time is running out! If you wouldn't mind sharing, please post in my thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=153768&view=viewpoll or PM me. Thanks.

tothePAIN
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby tothePAIN » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:30 pm

Attending USC.

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby flexityflex86 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:28 pm

Congrats everyone - all but attending USC.

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby flexityflex86 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:30 pm

Puttanesca wrote:Seems like a lot of people have been putting down deposits lately! For those who chose USC over UCLA, would you mind telling me why? I'm really struggling with the USC vs. UCLA decision, and time is running out! If you wouldn't mind sharing, please post in my thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=153768&view=viewpoll or PM me. Thanks.

USC had more restrooms per square inch. You can't go more than 10 feet without seeing at least one restroom, and as someone who urinated 4 times during the LSAT, this was a big concern for me during the entire admission process, and the subject of a heartfelt personal statement.

User avatar
Stupendous_Man
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:05 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby Stupendous_Man » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:59 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:
Puttanesca wrote:Seems like a lot of people have been putting down deposits lately! For those who chose USC over UCLA, would you mind telling me why? I'm really struggling with the USC vs. UCLA decision, and time is running out! If you wouldn't mind sharing, please post in my thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=153768&view=viewpoll or PM me. Thanks.

USC had more restrooms per square inch. You can't go more than 10 feet without seeing at least one restroom, and as someone who urinated 4 times during the LSAT, this was a big concern for me during the entire admission process, and the subject of a heartfelt personal statement.


But UCLA's few restrooms look like they were built in the early 1900's, and the little male and female symbols have briefcases, which I find attractive. However, our law library's chairs are way nicer than their chairs, so it's kind of a wash. Actually, the chair thing has been huge since I've been living in one for the past few days, which I fortunately can't say about the restrooms.

Arelikefoxes
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:31 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby Arelikefoxes » Sun May 01, 2011 10:50 pm

Stupendous_Man wrote:But UCLA's few restrooms look like they were built in the early 1900's, and the little male and female symbols have briefcases, which I find attractive...



Lol shouldn't you be studying?

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby flexityflex86 » Sun May 01, 2011 11:28 pm

Finances question: I got my financial aid award sheet, and with the scholarship and stafford loans, i am still well over 20k short of the COA - does USC expect me to pay for this out of pocket? Do they help with private loans?

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby JJDancer » Mon May 02, 2011 12:59 am

flexityflex86 wrote:Finances question: I got my financial aid award sheet, and with the scholarship and stafford loans, i am still well over 20k short of the COA - does USC expect me to pay for this out of pocket? Do they help with private loans?

I think most people go for a Grad PLUS loan (7.9% locked in) ... there are private alternatives though.

dangerousminds
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby dangerousminds » Mon May 02, 2011 6:18 pm

Made the decision and the deposit to attend today. See you guys in the fall!

[ Is there anyway we can move this into the Class of 2014 section of the board? ]

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby JJDancer » Mon May 02, 2011 7:00 pm

dangerousminds wrote:Made the decision and the deposit to attend today. See you guys in the fall!

[ Is there anyway we can move this into the Class of 2014 section of the board? ]

For those who have decided on USC: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=152627

:)

snichols16
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Re: IN at USC Class of 2014 - University of Southern California

Postby snichols16 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:55 pm

JJDancer wrote:
dangerousminds wrote:Made the decision and the deposit to attend today. See you guys in the fall!

[ Is there anyway we can move this into the Class of 2014 section of the board? ]

For those who have decided on USC: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 8&t=152627

:)


Just declined my scholarship from USC to head to UCI. Best of luck everyone.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, a.sch, afenthiko1, cyclawps, hamburg, jer0689, lizzie1867, pantsuitchic, patrickkpaul and 31 guests