IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby hipstermafia » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:49 pm

YEAHHH

--ImageRemoved--


anyone else?
Last edited by hipstermafia on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby hipstermafia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:08 pm

bump for the work crowd

User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby Entchen » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:13 pm

Just you.

Still <3 you though.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby hipstermafia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Entchen wrote:Just you.

Still <3 you though.

<3 you too, smallest class evar.

User avatar
stephan75th
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby stephan75th » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:47 pm

Count me in

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:10 pm

stephan75th wrote:Count me in

yay! two!

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:21 pm

wait...PT and deferred for a year? i'm confused

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:27 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:wait...PT and deferred for a year? i'm confused

?

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:27 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:wait...PT and deferred for a year? i'm confused

?


never mind.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:29 pm

:)

eecs
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:33 am

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby eecs » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:40 pm

This is one of my options too. How is everyone weighing this with their full time acceptances?

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:47 pm

eecs wrote:This is one of my options too. How is everyone weighing this with their full time acceptances?

gulc pt + work = <$200,000 in debt

IsleMet
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby IsleMet » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:58 pm

For those in part time, what were your numbers / experience like? If you don't mind sharing...

I checked off the part time box and would seriously consider going, but sadly I was waitlisted. I did write a letter after the fact explaining that I'd be happy with FT or PT.

166/3.6/2 years Teach for America/Masters degree here

Is the PT program four years overall? Do you plan to switch after a year?

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:03 pm

IsleMet wrote:For those in part time, what were your numbers / experience like? If you don't mind sharing...

I checked off the part time box and would seriously consider going, but sadly I was waitlisted. I did write a letter after the fact explaining that I'd be happy with FT or PT.

166/3.6/2 years Teach for America/Masters degree here

Is the PT program four years overall? Do you plan to switch after a year?

the PT program is four years overall, and i'm not planning to switch after a year. the benefit i see of gulc pt is being able to work and not go so much into debt.

my numbers FWIW: 3.4/170 and 3 years of work experience

srvyorgeneral
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby srvyorgeneral » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:10 pm

Fingers crossed that I'm in; had the status checker switch to "part time" on 2/10 and everyone seemed to think that meant I was in. Still loath to believe it until I have some sort of confirmation. The fear that I'm waitlisted looms large.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:11 pm

srvyorgeneral wrote:Fingers crossed that I'm in; had the status checker switch to "part time" on 2/10 and everyone seemed to think that meant I was in. Still loath to believe it until I have some sort of confirmation. The fear that I'm waitlisted looms large.

this happened to me about a week before i got my letter in the mail, best of luck!!

srvyorgeneral
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby srvyorgeneral » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:16 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
srvyorgeneral wrote:Fingers crossed that I'm in; had the status checker switch to "part time" on 2/10 and everyone seemed to think that meant I was in. Still loath to believe it until I have some sort of confirmation. The fear that I'm waitlisted looms large.

this happened to me about a week before i got my letter in the mail, best of luck!!


Thank you! Very grateful for any words of encouragement and luck. My rejection at UVA still stings a bit...

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:18 pm

srvyorgeneral wrote: My rejection at UVA still stings a bit...

screw 'em :lol:

columbia86
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby columbia86 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:21 am

I applied part-time. Above my status, my program time says part-time, does this mean anything? I'm thinkin' that's standard, right?

User avatar
zreinhar
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby zreinhar » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:25 am

Applied ED to PT, while interviewing for a job at the PTO. Before I got the job I was WL. I got the job about a week ago, retook the LSAT and got some awards at my current job that called for a resume update. So all that is being submitted along with a LOCI. But I believe if my LSAT gets bumped up a few more points I'll be in. FWIW 3.7/165

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby hipstermafia » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:00 am

zreinhar wrote:Applied ED to PT, while interviewing for a job at the PTO. Before I got the job I was WL. I got the job about a week ago, retook the LSAT and got some awards at my current job that called for a resume update. So all that is being submitted along with a LOCI. But I believe if my LSAT gets bumped up a few more points I'll be in. FWIW 3.7/165

good luck!

User avatar
zreinhar
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby zreinhar » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:02 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
zreinhar wrote:Applied ED to PT, while interviewing for a job at the PTO. Before I got the job I was WL. I got the job about a week ago, retook the LSAT and got some awards at my current job that called for a resume update. So all that is being submitted along with a LOCI. But I believe if my LSAT gets bumped up a few more points I'll be in. FWIW 3.7/165

good luck!


Thanks! So are you currently employed in the metro area?

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby hipstermafia » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:03 pm

zreinhar wrote:Thanks! So are you currently employed in the metro area?

i am!

User avatar
stephan75th
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby stephan75th » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:48 am

I need to find work in DC by September if I matriculate, preferably in a legal related field. Any suggestions hipster?

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: IN AT Georgetown PART-TIME c/o 2015

Postby hipstermafia » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:23 am

stephan75th wrote:I need to find work in DC by September if I matriculate, preferably in a legal related field. Any suggestions hipster?

ummm, talk to gulc career people maybe? i don't know how helpful they are, but i also know nothing about finding work in that, sorry!

maybe try asking around on tls as well, i know a lot of people on here work as legal assistants/paralegals.. see how they got their jobs. i imagine it to be a lot of resume sending but again i really have no idea.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, BACsop, lillawyer2 and 5 guests