Cuny Queens Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ineedhelpplease

Bronze

Cuny Queens

Post by Ineedhelpplease » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:43 am

I got accepted by Cuny. Waitlisted at brooklyn part time. I still havent heard from Cardozo. I work at the DA's office and my goal is to eventually work there long term, any advice on just picking CUNY .thanks

Fred_McGriff

Bronze

Re: Cuny Queens

Post by Fred_McGriff » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Stats?

Sounds like CUNY is your best option, see if you can get any $$

Ineedhelpplease

Bronze

Post by Ineedhelpplease » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:05 pm

i have a 3.17 gpa. 157 lsat. lots of good x factors

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:08 pm

can you go there PT and continue working at the DA's office?
Or have you been able to make sure you can intern at the DA's office during the summer going into 2L?

Sounds like CUNY is a good choice for you. just make sure you have soemthing lined up for over the summer

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:25 pm

In this limited case (assuming you want to work for the DA for life or move into criminal defense later on down the line), it sounds like CUNY is a good option for you. I also hear they are moving/have moved to a nice new building in LIC? Unless BLS or Carschmozo offers you substantial money (again assuming my above stated assumptions are true), neither BLS or Carschmozo is worth the debt in your case.

Bust your as your first year and make sure you line up an internship at the DA's office where you presently work... Make friends with the people that handle hiring...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”