I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Bless
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 am

I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby Bless » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:06 am

Anyone have an experience like this?


Univ. of Richmond sent me an e-mail congratulating me on my acceptance to their school and suggesting that I come take a look at the campus. Ten minutes later, I received an e-mail stating the following: "The email you received was sent out in error. We deeply regret the inconvenience. Our sincerest apologies."


LOL. I knew something was fishy. I applied to Richmond less than a week ago, and my numbers are right at the median. People make mistakes but Lord have mercy... I had told my parents and everything :shock:
Last edited by Bless on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
patrickd139
Posts: 2883
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby patrickd139 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 am

I wanna say one of the T14s did this a few years ago and caused an uproar. I don't remember which one though.

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby BlueDiamond » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 am

proof..

User avatar
calvmpv
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby calvmpv » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:08 am

patrickd139 wrote:I wanna say one of the T14s did this a few years ago and caused an uproar. I don't remember which one though.


I think it might have been Boalt...at least that's what I read somewhere but not positively sure. Sucks.

User avatar
Bless
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 am

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby Bless » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:09 am

BlueDiamond wrote:proof..

Proof? LOL.



Image



I've got better things to do than make up a silly story like that.

deliriousxix
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby deliriousxix » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:11 am

gosh that's awful.. :\

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby BlueDiamond » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:12 am

Bless wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:proof..

Proof? LOL.



Image



I've got better things to do than make up a silly story like that.


would take maybe 3 seconds tops to screenshot an email.. just sayin

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:15 am

BlueDiamond wrote:proof..


Look in the Richmond 2014 thread. Apparently a bunch of people have reported getting the email.

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby NZA » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:16 am

Bless wrote:Anyone have an experience like this?


Univ. of Richmond sent me an e-mail congratulating me on my acceptance to their school and suggesting that I come take a look at the campus. Ten minutes later, I received an e-mail stating the following: "The email you received was sent out in error. We deeply regret the inconvenience. Our sincerest apologies."


LOL. I knew something was fishy. I applied to Richmond less than a week ago, and my numbers are right at the median. People make mistakes but Lord have mercy... I had told my parents and everything :shock:

:(

I pity you. That would suck. But at least you had only applied a mere week ago. I would feel way worse for you if you had submitted in October or something.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby krad » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:16 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:proof..


Look in the Richmond 2014 thread. Apparently a bunch of people have reported getting the email.


That's GOTTA suck :(

lawschooliseasy
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby lawschooliseasy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:17 am

Wake gave me a full scholarship by accident last year.

User avatar
Bless
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 am

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby Bless » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:18 am

BlueDiamond wrote:would take maybe 3 seconds tops to screenshot an email.. just sayin

I'm just messing with you. I forgot how to do a screen shot, but obviously the Richmond '14 thread verifies my story.



Don't feel sorry for me, ha. I have pretty thick skin.

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby kjadkins » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:19 am

NZA wrote:
Bless wrote:Anyone have an experience like this?


Univ. of Richmond sent me an e-mail congratulating me on my acceptance to their school and suggesting that I come take a look at the campus. Ten minutes later, I received an e-mail stating the following: "The email you received was sent out in error. We deeply regret the inconvenience. Our sincerest apologies."


LOL. I knew something was fishy. I applied to Richmond less than a week ago, and my numbers are right at the median. People make mistakes but Lord have mercy... I had told my parents and everything :shock:

:(

I pity you. That would suck. But at least you had only applied a mere week ago. I would feel way worse for you if you had submitted in October or something.


Yup. It sucks. I applied in November and was expecting to hear back any day now. Got that email this morning. It sucked bigtime when I got the follow-up. :(

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby ahduth » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:21 am

krad wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:proof..


Look in the Richmond 2014 thread. Apparently a bunch of people have reported getting the email.


That's GOTTA suck :(


I would be livid.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:21 am

wow this sucks...sorry :(

BlueDiamond wrote:would take maybe 3 seconds tops to screenshot an email.. just sayin


Why do you want proof so bad? I don't think you're important enough to OP for him/her to care if you don't believe him/her lol...just sayin'

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby NZA » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:21 am

Bless wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:would take maybe 3 seconds tops to screenshot an email.. just sayin

I'm just messing with you. I forgot how to do a screen shot, but obviously the Richmond '14 thread verifies my story.



Don't feel sorry for me, ha. I have pretty thick skin.


I still feel sorry for you, in a cosmic sense.

Screenshots are done by hitting "print screen," then opening Paint, ctrl+v, save as "proof.jpeg," upload to photobucket (or whatever), right-click, copy URL, come here, click "Post reply," type "[img][/img" with another bracket at the end, click submit.

Do it OP.

EDIT: Make sure you redact your name, by the way.

kjadkins wrote:Yup. It sucks. I applied in November and was expecting to hear back any day now. Got that email this morning. It sucked bigtime when I got the follow-up.


:( I am so sorry. That is terrible.

User avatar
Bless
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 am

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby Bless » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:28 am

Gotti wrote:Why do you want proof so bad? I don't think you're important enough to OP for him/her to care if you don't believe him/her lol...just sayin'

lol :wink:

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby NZA » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:29 am

Bless wrote:
Gotti wrote:Why do you want proof so bad? I don't think you're important enough to OP for him/her to care if you don't believe him/her lol...just sayin'

lol :wink:


I just kind of want to see what an acceptance letter and a "JK! lulz" letter look like, frankly.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:31 am

NZA wrote:
Bless wrote:
Gotti wrote:Why do you want proof so bad? I don't think you're important enough to OP for him/her to care if you don't believe him/her lol...just sayin'

lol :wink:


I just kind of want to see what an acceptance letter and a "JK! lulz" letter look like, frankly.



So do I but I believe OP haha...so it's not "proof" it's like "OMG SUX LEMME SEE LOL" hahahah. no offense, of course, OP

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby NZA » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:32 am

Gotti wrote:
NZA wrote:
Bless wrote:
Gotti wrote:Why do you want proof so bad? I don't think you're important enough to OP for him/her to care if you don't believe him/her lol...just sayin'

lol :wink:


I just kind of want to see what an acceptance letter and a "JK! lulz" letter look like, frankly.



So do I but I believe OP haha...so it's not "proof" it's like "OMG SUX LEMME SEE LOL" hahahah. no offense, of course, OP


Exactly! It's more like that. :) Like seeing photos of car accidents. MOAR!

User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby Jack Smirks » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:32 am

Kellogg (Northwestern Business) did this same thing a few years ago. I'd be fucking pissed.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:33 am

naterj wrote:Kellogg (Northwestern Business) did this same thing a few years ago. I'd be fucking pissed.



Yeah for real...that sucks even more than Richmond doing it.

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby snapdragon » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:34 am

For those curious, the text of the first letter said:

"Greetings from Richmond Law! Congratulations on your acceptance to our wonderful law school. You should be very proud of your achievements – we certainly are. If you are still in college or a recent graduate (December 2010), we hope that you had a productive and successful fall semester and a safe and relaxing winter break. Should you find that your fall semester grades were a positive addition to your overall GPA, please make sure to update your transcript with LSAC, as we want you to have the benefit of your most recent academic achievements. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time."

The second email said:

"The email you received was sent out in error. We deeply regret the inconvenience."

The emails were sent less than 10 minutes apart. So at least that's something.

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby NZA » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:37 am

snapdragon wrote:For those curious, the text of the first letter said:

"Greetings from Richmond Law! Congratulations on your acceptance to our wonderful law school. You should be very proud of your achievements – we certainly are. If you are still in college or a recent graduate (December 2010), we hope that you had a productive and successful fall semester and a safe and relaxing winter break. Should you find that your fall semester grades were a positive addition to your overall GPA, please make sure to update your transcript with LSAC, as we want you to have the benefit of your most recent academic achievements. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time."

The second email said:

"The email you received was sent out in error. We deeply regret the inconvenience."

The emails were sent less than 10 minutes apart. So at least that's something.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, sorry...I am not trying to be a dick, here, but that is just, well, funny in a really weird way to me. "We deeply regret the inconvenience." I feel like that's what you say when you work at McDonald's and the fries aren't ready.

User avatar
Bless
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 am

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby Bless » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:37 am

snapdragon wrote:For those curious, the text of the first letter said:

"Greetings from Richmond Law! Congratulations on your acceptance to our wonderful law school. You should be very proud of your achievements – we certainly are. If you are still in college or a recent graduate (December 2010), we hope that you had a productive and successful fall semester and a safe and relaxing winter break. Should you find that your fall semester grades were a positive addition to your overall GPA, please make sure to update your transcript with LSAC, as we want you to have the benefit of your most recent academic achievements. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time."

The second email said:

"The email you received was sent out in error. We deeply regret the inconvenience."

The emails were sent less than 10 minutes apart. So at least that's something.

Same e-mails I received.

The bold portion also threw me off, because I graduated in July 2010. I'm out of school.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”