U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby TT09 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:43 pm

Heard they started accepting this week via snail mail. I applied at the end of October and was complete Nov. 2nd...anybody else?

User avatar
gokickrocks
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby gokickrocks » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:29 pm

I applied in early September and have been complete since 9/9. Hope I hear from them soon.

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby swilson215 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:19 pm

I applied 11/2, went complete on 11/3. Now it's just a waiting game. Although, according to LSN, the first wave of acceptances last year went out the first week of September.

Do they accept via Status Checker or email, or just snail mail? Anyone know?

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby TT09 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:22 pm

swilson215 wrote:I applied 11/2, went complete on 11/3. Now it's just a waiting game. Although, according to LSN, the first wave of acceptances last year went out the first week of September.

Do they accept via Status Checker or email, or just snail mail? Anyone know?


I heard snail mail...

User avatar
Flett
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Flett » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:29 pm

swilson215 wrote:I applied 11/2, went complete on 11/3. Now it's just a waiting game. Although, according to LSN, the first wave of acceptances last year went out the first week of September.

Do they accept via Status Checker or email, or just snail mail? Anyone know?


Snail mail. My acceptance letter came in a big white packet with scholarship details included. My status checker still says "Decision Rendered." No notification via email.

I submitted on 11/12 and went complete 11/15. Status checker changed to "Decision Rendered" on 11/22. According to the 'Mailings' section, the decision was mailed on 11/23. Due to the holiday (I assume) I didn't get it until 11/29.

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby swilson215 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:36 pm

swilson215 wrote:I applied 11/2, went complete on 11/3. Now it's just a waiting game. Although, according to LSN, the first wave of acceptances last year went out the first week of September DECEMBER.

Do they accept via Status Checker or email, or just snail mail? Anyone know?


Oops!

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby swilson215 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:37 pm

Flett wrote:
swilson215 wrote:I applied 11/2, went complete on 11/3. Now it's just a waiting game. Although, according to LSN, the first wave of acceptances last year went out the first week of September.

Do they accept via Status Checker or email, or just snail mail? Anyone know?


Snail mail. My acceptance letter came in a big white packet with scholarship details included. My status checker still says "Decision Rendered." No notification via email.

I submitted on 11/12 and went complete 11/15. Status checker changed to "Decision Rendered" on 11/22. According to the 'Mailings' section, the decision was mailed on 11/23. Due to the holiday (I assume) I didn't get it until 11/29.


Well, congrats! I haven't gotten the "Descision Rendered" update yet, so I'll just have to practice patience (something I'm really terrible at, lol). McGeorge is actually one of my top choices, because I like Sacramento and want to move back home to practice eventually. A TON of the attorneys in my market went to McGeorge. At my firm we have, like, 15 UOP grads.

stheskier
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby stheskier » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:45 pm

I also went complete on 11/3. No change or news yet.

acucla
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:08 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby acucla » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:29 pm

Hi everyone!

I applied November 9th and received a "complete"s status on November 15th. The waiting game is driving me crazy now that it's December. Just wondering, does McGeorge go from "complete" to "in review"/"in committee" or will it just go to the decision notice?

Thanks!

Underground404
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Underground404 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:35 pm

I was accepted via phone call this evening, so decisions are definitely beginning to come out! Good luck everyone!!! :D

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:39 pm

I am >75th on both LSAT and GPA and haven't heard a peep.

YP?

Underground404
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Underground404 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I am >75th on both LSAT and GPA and haven't heard a peep.

YP?


YP?

-Sorry I don't know what that means. :?

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:47 pm

Underground404 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I am >75th on both LSAT and GPA and haven't heard a peep.

YP?


YP?

-Sorry I don't know what that means. :?


Oh, it means "yield protect." Schools (sometimes) don't offer admission to over-qualified applicants if they fear that the applicant would not attend if the applicant is offered admission to a school more "in their range." I don't know if McGeorge does it, but that'd explain why I haven't heard nary a word from them yet. My status checker has been UR for weeks.

I don't know, it's not like I have a 175 or something though. I am 2 points above 75th, although my GPA is way above 75th I wouldn't think THAT would paint me into a corner with 'em. Sigh.

Underground404
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Underground404 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:50 pm

Yeah, I have absolutely no idea (thanks for filling me in though, haha).

Good luck to you though! Hope this cycle proves to be fruitful for you!

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby swilson215 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:58 pm

Underground404 wrote:I was accepted via phone call this evening, so decisions are definitely beginning to come out! Good luck everyone!!! :D


Congrats! But now I'm going to be glued to my computer AND iphone tonight for the rest of time! :roll:

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:28 pm

Underground404 wrote:Yeah, I have absolutely no idea (thanks for filling me in though, haha).

Good luck to you though! Hope this cycle proves to be fruitful for you!


thanks, and likewise. At this point I'd just like SOMETHING, be it rejection or otherwise. LOL.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:29 pm

swilson215 wrote:
Underground404 wrote:I was accepted via phone call this evening, so decisions are definitely beginning to come out! Good luck everyone!!! :D


Congrats! But now I'm going to be glued to my computer AND iphone tonight for the rest of time! :roll:


My phone has gone with me quite literally everywhere except for where direct water is involved for the last 4 1/2 weeks. I already told all of my instructors that I am expecting an urgent phone call that could come at any time for the remainder of the term. Hopefully this state does not persist into January.

MrMisiu
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby MrMisiu » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:34 pm

Bahh, went complete the 15th, then updated to complete again on the 23rd.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
swilson215 wrote:
Underground404 wrote:I was accepted via phone call this evening, so decisions are definitely beginning to come out! Good luck everyone!!! :D


Congrats! But now I'm going to be glued to my computer AND iphone tonight for the rest of time! :roll:


My phone has gone with me quite literally everywhere except for where direct water is involved for the last 4 1/2 weeks. I already told all of my instructors that I am expecting an urgent phone call that could come at any time for the remainder of the term. Hopefully this state does not persist into January.



you do realize that the phone call will come at the worst possible time ( like right before or during a final exam)? You just jinxed yourself. Best of Luck celebrating for 10 seconds, then getting back on track for the test!

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:47 pm

northwood wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
swilson215 wrote:
Underground404 wrote:I was accepted via phone call this evening, so decisions are definitely beginning to come out! Good luck everyone!!! :D


Congrats! But now I'm going to be glued to my computer AND iphone tonight for the rest of time! :roll:


My phone has gone with me quite literally everywhere except for where direct water is involved for the last 4 1/2 weeks. I already told all of my instructors that I am expecting an urgent phone call that could come at any time for the remainder of the term. Hopefully this state does not persist into January.



you do realize that the phone call will come at the worst possible time ( like right before or during a final exam)? You just jinxed yourself. Best of Luck celebrating for 10 seconds, then getting back on track for the test!



It would be SO SO SO SO worth it.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:49 pm

sure will be :mrgreen: Seriously though: best of luck.... youll get in

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:58 pm

northwood wrote:sure will be :mrgreen: Seriously though: best of luck.... youll get in


I'll hold you to that. And when I don't get in ANYWHERE (And my Northwestern interviewer's question would come to pass, ackkkk), I will hold you personally responsible ;)

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:02 pm

actually, once you get that congragulatory phone call, be sure to run up and give your professor a high five!

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:05 pm

northwood wrote:actually, once you get that congragulatory phone call, be sure to run up and give your professor a high five!


Since I am working with all 3 of them on my honors thesis in one way or another, I suspect they would like that :P

stheskier
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby stheskier » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:13 pm

Underground404 wrote:I was accepted via phone call this evening, so decisions are definitely beginning to come out! Good luck everyone!!! :D


What is your status on the checker?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”