Louisville 2010 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Amir N
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby Amir N » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:45 am

Anyone else out there applying to Louisville? I'm OOS, 3.57 and 159. I have family in the city so it's one of my top choices if I can get some decent money.

jtb00711
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby jtb00711 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:46 am

I'd be a 3rd generation student there if accept. I'm actually from KY so hopefully that will help to. I'll PM numbers

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby northwood » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:48 am

applied last week. 3.53 158. We'll see how it goes

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby northwood » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:37 am

just checked. File is in review, but they wont start reviewing them until mid december.

so we wont know what the result for a month at least!

Amir N
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby Amir N » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:10 pm

northwood wrote:just checked. File is in review, but they wont start reviewing them until mid december.

so we wont know what the result for a month at least!


Are you certain there will be no decisions before then? That seems somewhat late for those of us who applied in early October.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby northwood » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:13 pm

Your application is complete. We will begin reviewing applications in Mid-December

taken directly from my online application status checker. Would love to hear sooner, but theres nothing we can do

aabuster1
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby aabuster1 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Today the application checker reads:

Your application is currently before the Admissions Committee.
Current Status: Application File Under Review
Current Status Date: 11/29/2010

They have removed the mid-December notice. So it looks like they have started a bit earlier than they had previously posted.
(EDIT: Err, the December notice is now at the bottom, I thought it was at the top LOL)

Good Luck All !

Amir N
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby Amir N » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:21 pm

aabuster1 wrote:Today the application checker reads:

Your application is currently before the Admissions Committee.
Current Status: Application File Under Review
Current Status Date: 11/29/2010

They have removed the mid-December notice. So it looks like they have started a bit earlier than they had previously posted.
(EDIT: Err, the December notice is now at the bottom, I thought it was at the top LOL)

Good Luck All !


Mine says:

Current Status: Application File Under Review
Current Status Date: 11/29/2010

As for the December notice, who knows? While it says they won't review until then, our recent status update directly contradicts it. Let's hope they're just starting ahead of schedule.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby northwood » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:28 pm

mine says application complete and ready for review.
Current Status Date 11/8/2009

at the top it says that they wont start reviewing applications until mid december

User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby balzern » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:02 pm

haha yeah mine went under review 11/29 also and at the bottom it says that they will begin reviewing mid-december....any ideas as to why?

aabuster1
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby aabuster1 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:16 pm

balzern wrote:haha yeah mine went under review 11/29 also and at the bottom it says that they will begin reviewing mid-december....any ideas as to why?


I imagine its to keep emails to their admissions down to a minimum. They know that "we" check our status daily and are a hair trigger away from calling or emailing :P

aabuster1
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby aabuster1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Due to unforeseen circumstances the Admissions Committee has delayed their first meeting until the first week of January. Therefore, we will not begin making decisions on files until the first week of January. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

The UofL Law Admissions Office


Received via email today.

Amir N
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby Amir N » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:49 pm

aabuster1 wrote:
Due to unforeseen circumstances the Admissions Committee has delayed their first meeting until the first week of January. Therefore, we will not begin making decisions on files until the first week of January. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

The UofL Law Admissions Office


Received via email today.


+1....I think it's because they had one or two inches of snow.

aabuster1
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby aabuster1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:20 pm

Amir N wrote:
aabuster1 wrote:
Due to unforeseen circumstances the Admissions Committee has delayed their first meeting until the first week of January. Therefore, we will not begin making decisions on files until the first week of January. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

The UofL Law Admissions Office


Received via email today.


+1....I think it's because they had one or two inches of snow.


Its cold here in KY too!

meh3884
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby meh3884 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Anyone have any luck getting a fee waiver after emailing them? Applying a bit late, but just sent one out, hopefully get one back. Always hate getting viewbooks and no fee waivers.

Amir N
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby Amir N » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:32 pm

meh3884 wrote:Anyone have any luck getting a fee waiver after emailing them? Applying a bit late, but just sent one out, hopefully get one back. Always hate getting viewbooks and no fee waivers.


I received a fee waiver in early October after requesting one via e-mail.

Amir N
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby Amir N » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:48 pm

aabuster1 wrote:
Amir N wrote:
aabuster1 wrote:
Due to unforeseen circumstances the Admissions Committee has delayed their first meeting until the first week of January. Therefore, we will not begin making decisions on files until the first week of January. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

The UofL Law Admissions Office


Received via email today.


+1....I think it's because they had one or two inches of snow.


Its cold here in KY too!


Ha. 20-something is not cold. Try living through Wisconsin winters ;)

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby Albatross » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:19 am

Recently sent mine in.

meh3884
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby meh3884 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:29 pm

So I got a response to my fee waiver request...he apparently hadn't read my whole email/didn't want to give me a fee waiver and just thanked me for my interest and welcomed my application. I emailed him back again inquiring about a waiver assuming he just didn't see the question. He emailed again and told me to "use the below coupon code". There is no code in any email he sent me. Do I send a 3rd email? Seems a little weird. Am I missing something?

jtb00711
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby jtb00711 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:51 pm

I suggest you get on LSAC and see if you have a hidden waiver for UL.

Amir N
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby Amir N » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:08 pm

meh3884 wrote:So I got a response to my fee waiver request...he apparently hadn't read my whole email/didn't want to give me a fee waiver and just thanked me for my interest and welcomed my application. I emailed him back again inquiring about a waiver assuming he just didn't see the question. He emailed again and told me to "use the below coupon code". There is no code in any email he sent me. Do I send a 3rd email? Seems a little weird. Am I missing something?


I had a similar experience with the admission office regarding my fee waiver request. It took them 2-3 times to give me the correct fee waiver code.

meh3884
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby meh3884 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 pm

Amir N wrote:
meh3884 wrote:So I got a response to my fee waiver request...he apparently hadn't read my whole email/didn't want to give me a fee waiver and just thanked me for my interest and welcomed my application. I emailed him back again inquiring about a waiver assuming he just didn't see the question. He emailed again and told me to "use the below coupon code". There is no code in any email he sent me. Do I send a 3rd email? Seems a little weird. Am I missing something?


I had a similar experience with the admission office regarding my fee waiver request. It took them 2-3 times to give me the correct fee waiver code.


Interesting, maybe its some sort of an inside joke. If I didn't care about applying, I would respond something like "....Wait...did I just lose the game?"

edit: do you recall emailing a gentleman named Brandon? That's who I've been speaking with.

I'll give them a call tomorrow instead.

@jtb00711 No dice on a hidden waiver.

Amir N
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby Amir N » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:56 pm

Accepted via e-mail a couple of hours ago. Strange, because the e-mail I received two days ago said the admissions committee wouldn't be meeting again until early January :)

jtb00711
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby jtb00711 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:58 pm

Congrats! Maybe they liked you THAT much more than everyone else lol

Amir N wrote:Accepted via e-mail a couple of hours ago. Strange, because the e-mail I received two days ago said the admissions committee wouldn't be meeting again until early January :)

Amir N
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: Louisville 2010 Applicants

Postby Amir N » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:59 pm

jtb00711 wrote:Congrats! Maybe they liked you THAT much more than everyone else lol

Amir N wrote:Accepted via e-mail a couple of hours ago. Strange, because the e-mail I received two days ago said the admissions committee wouldn't be meeting again until early January :)


I hope it isn't a mistake. Anyway, any idea when scholarship information comes out?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”