Temple 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Evrydyhonestliar

Bronze

Re: Temple 2011

Post by Evrydyhonestliar » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:51 pm

Hey guys, I'm going to visit the Temple campus with my parents, I'm just looking for some restaurant reccs for a lunch! Any ideas?

mt1042

New

Post by mt1042 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:42 pm

Evrydyhonestliar wrote:Hey guys, I'm going to visit the Temple campus with my parents, I'm just looking for some restaurant reccs for a lunch! Any ideas?
Avoid the Chinese food truck near the undergrad student center. Your intestine's will thank you. :)

kristal182

New

Post by kristal182 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:25 am

I recieved my second complete on the 27th and still haven't heard anything... is this normal?? :(

umilikechips

New

Post by umilikechips » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:16 am

I withdrew today. Good luck guys!

sterl1002

New

Post by sterl1002 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:31 pm

kristal182 wrote:I recieved my second complete on the 27th and still haven't heard anything... is this normal?? :(
Hi Kristal,

I was complete on 2/28 and just got my second complete yesterday 3/31. I called admissions and they said 8-14 weeks. I reiterated Temple is my first choice and that deadlines were fast approaching and they kindly said they understood, and it takes 8-14 weeks. :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

brangara

New

Post by brangara » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Hey, to the people who decided on Temple for sure, where are you guys looking to live? I'm coming from California, and I originally was thinking about grad student housing on campus. But I heard from a friend about how terrible on campus housing is, so I was wondering about Center City and the surrounding areas, and what you guys are looking into. Also I was wondering about what you heard regarding safety of the subways at night when commuting to off campus. Thanks!

Evrydyhonestliar

Bronze

Post by Evrydyhonestliar » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:55 pm

brangara wrote:Hey, to the people who decided on Temple for sure, where are you guys looking to live? I'm coming from California, and I originally was thinking about grad student housing on campus. But I heard from a friend about how terrible on campus housing is, so I was wondering about Center City and the surrounding areas, and what you guys are looking into. Also I was wondering about what you heard regarding safety of the subways at night when commuting to off campus. Thanks!

I live in King of Prussia right now, and plan on staying here. I'll be taking regional rail into the city everyday, at least for the first year. The people I've talked to said that living in the burbs isn't a bad idea. But I guess its personal preference

Mr_Brightside

New

Post by Mr_Brightside » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:59 pm

brangara wrote:Hey, to the people who decided on Temple for sure, where are you guys looking to live? I'm coming from California, and I originally was thinking about grad student housing on campus. But I heard from a friend about how terrible on campus housing is, so I was wondering about Center City and the surrounding areas, and what you guys are looking into. Also I was wondering about what you heard regarding safety of the subways at night when commuting to off campus. Thanks!
Hey, just wanted to reassure you about the safety of the subways at night and give you some suggestions for housing. I'm in undergrad in Philly and have lived outside the city all my life. The subways are pretty much safe at night. Temple is on the Broad Street Line, which is the major north/south line in the city and one of the busiest. Yeah, some stops are kind of dingy, and there's the stray derelict hanging around but I have never, in 5+ years of riding the subway in Philly, had any trouble. Temple is 5 stops from City Hall, which is also on the Market Frankford line. Between those two axes, you're pretty much within walking distance of anyway in Center City.

My cousin, a Temple undergrad, lives about 3 blocks east of campus and his town house was broken into over winter break last year. Also, his car window was smashed after he (stupidly) left his GPA unit and ipod laying on the front seat. However, I have a friend who lives about 1 block north of campus right on Broad Street, and he has had no problems at all. As far as living off campus, Center City is definitely going to be your most expensive option. I've found a couple studio apartments on craigslist and other sites from around $900. Cheaper options are university city (farther from Temple than CC), manayunk, east falls, fishtown, old city (which is adjacent to Center City). Also, if you bring a car (it's also served by the regional rail), Conshohocken is a pretty nice area about a 20 minute drive NW of Temple. Conshohocken and Manayunk are really hilly, and a lot of my friends have gotten stuck at home in the winter-- just saying. KOP is nice. Also, the mainline (ardmore, merion, bala cynwyd, wynnewood) are beautiful areas and right on the R5, but pricey

Compose

New

Post by Compose » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:34 pm

Mr_Brightside wrote:...GPA unit...
Pretty sure I'm gonna need one of these...does Amazon carry them?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mr_Brightside

New

Post by Mr_Brightside » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:44 pm

Compose wrote:
... :|

Compose

New

Post by Compose » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Mr_Brightside wrote:
Compose wrote:
Just breaking your balls.

To the topic at hand, I'm in nearly the same situation as Evrydyhonestliar (living in KoP, not moving if I go to Temple). Of course if certain California schools decide to extend offers...I have a house for sale.

JDHopeful

Bronze

Post by JDHopeful » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:22 pm

Compose wrote:
Mr_Brightside wrote:
Compose wrote:
Just breaking your balls.

To the topic at hand, I'm in nearly the same situation as Evrydyhonestliar (living in KoP, not moving if I go to Temple). Of course if certain California schools decide to extend offers...I have a house for sale.
I'm near Kop too!

2things2

Bronze

Post by 2things2 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:49 pm

JDHopeful wrote:
Compose wrote:To the topic at hand, I'm in nearly the same situation as Evrydyhonestliar (living in KoP, not moving if I go to Temple). Of course if certain California schools decide to extend offers...I have a house for sale.
I'm near Kop too!
hey you two should get together for dinner and a movie!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

arvcondor

Bronze

Post by arvcondor » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:24 am

Evrydyhonestliar wrote:Hey guys, I'm going to visit the Temple campus with my parents, I'm just looking for some restaurant reccs for a lunch! Any ideas?
The Korean truck on 12th and Berks was always my favorite. Make sure you get noodles, not rice. Richie's is also good, but that dude irks me with his overt lust for undergrads.

classix

New

Post by classix » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:59 pm

Accepted, deposit sent. Done with this whole process now.

It's just really really hard to pass up in-state tuition with local credibility here.

Hope to see you all there!

grnidgrl

New

Post by grnidgrl » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:20 pm

I went complete 2/9 and still haven't heard anything, should I expect to hear soon or expect to wait even longer?

Also, I'm currently living outside of the US and am hoping to get back around mid-August. Since I'm from DE and my parents live in Wilmington, so if I get in, I was thinking about just commuting in for a while since I won't really have time to apartment hunt when I get home, good idea or should I try to move closer ASAP? Are there usually people looking for roommates mid-year, between 1st and 2nd semester?

classix

New

Post by classix » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:17 pm

grnidgrl wrote:I went complete 2/9 and still haven't heard anything, should I expect to hear soon or expect to wait even longer?

Also, I'm currently living outside of the US and am hoping to get back around mid-August. Since I'm from DE and my parents live in Wilmington, so if I get in, I was thinking about just commuting in for a while since I won't really have time to apartment hunt when I get home, good idea or should I try to move closer ASAP? Are there usually people looking for roommates mid-year, between 1st and 2nd semester?
I think you should hear soon. I was complete around the same time and heard late last week.

I've spoke to the admissions office a lot lately and they make it sound like they'll be making decisions continuously until may-ish.

Also, I'm going to be commuting from bucks (north of philly) for most of 1L probably. From what I understand many people commute to Temple. Doesn't wilmington have a SEPTA station?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:36 am

Hey guys, just got in today. Pretty surprised and excited. I have a question: My family has a summer home in PA. Is there anyway I could establish residency for instate tuition? I'm not currently on the home's deed, but could be if needed.

rs2004

Silver

Post by rs2004 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:24 am

sending in deposit

Evrydyhonestliar

Bronze

Post by Evrydyhonestliar » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:31 pm

rs2004 wrote:sending in deposit
+1 today after a second visit yesterday. So excited!!

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:56 pm

I feel like I'm the last person who'll be accepted before the wait list. 4/4; they really took their time with me. :mrgreen:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

classix

New

Post by classix » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:58 pm

Justathought wrote:I feel like I'm the last person who'll be accepted before the wait list. 4/4; they really took their time with me. :mrgreen:
Congrats!

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:59 pm

classix wrote:
Justathought wrote:I feel like I'm the last person who'll be accepted before the wait list. 4/4; they really took their time with me. :mrgreen:
Congrats!
Thank you very much. I have to do a bit more research, but I'm leaning toward Temple at the moment.

oreo3405

Bronze

Post by oreo3405 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:50 pm

Justathought wrote: I feel like I'm the last person who'll be accepted before the wait list. 4/4; they really took their time with me. :mrgreen:
Congrats![/quote]

Thank you very much. I have to do a bit more research, but I'm leaning toward Temple at the moment.[/quote]

I hope not because im still waiting haha. They requested more info from me last week so here's hoping I get my decision soon!

classix

New

Post by classix » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:54 pm

oreo3405 wrote: I hope not because im still waiting haha. They requested more info from me last week so here's hoping I get my decision soon!
They did this for me as well, I sent in said info the next day, and about 9 days later they rendered a decision.
Last edited by classix on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”