U Washington 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
geoduck

Silver

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Post by geoduck » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:21 pm

yoyowhatupyo wrote:Decision rendered 3/1.
No email from them, am I dinged/WL? Have people gotten in via email, or will I really have to wait for the letter?
As far as I know, the policy has not been permanently amended. If you weren't in the 2/15 mailing debacle, you still are going to be waiting for the decision in the mail.

yoyowhatupyo

New

Post by yoyowhatupyo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:30 pm

geoduck wrote: As far as I know, the policy has not been permanently amended. If you weren't in the 2/15 mailing debacle, you still are going to be waiting for the decision in the mail.
OK thanks. sounds like I missed out on some drama two weeks ago, whatever it was. I spent a trimester at U-Dub as a visiting undergrad and really like the campus and city. Like, big time. good luck to everyone.

chicityteacher

Bronze

Post by chicityteacher » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:39 pm

akili wrote:
eckstm wrote:I couldn't take it any longer so I made the call. For all of us with the In Review 12/1 date here's what they just said:

Even if you applied in early oct or nov and have the 12/1 In Review date, your application wasn't sent to a committee for review until mid January. The committee reviewing your app might still be deciding or they may have forwarded it to a different committee. A decision has NOT yet been reached, so atleast we haven't been rejected or waitlisted yet (although to be honest I would be thrilled with a waitlist at this point!)
Expect to hear something by April 1st.
They should just remove the status checker. I am DISGRUNTLED, UDub. DISGRUNTLED.
I couldn't agree more. I feel like during this whole process, the status checker provides almost no benefit. It just creates stress and anxiety. If people really want to know the status of their application, they should just email or call. The status checker just makes problems and I don't think it provides enough information to keep people from emailing or calling in anyway.

Ignorance is bliss.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:45 pm

The status checker is useless beyond making sure you have all your documentation received @ the office and stuff. For troubleshooting, it's awesome, because you can catch a problem early. But, once you're "ready for review" I guess, it's pointless.

swordsfish

New

Post by swordsfish » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:16 pm

Just got my acceptance package in the mail!! Decision 2/25 and nothing under mailings. Was seriously thinking a ding was on its way since my LSAT is at 25th percentile and GPA well under that. Honestly no idea why they took me, good softs I suppose but I just graduated from UW undergrad this past year and haven't had that much WE yet. Anyway, good luck to everyone else!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fencod

New

Post by fencod » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:30 pm

swordsfish wrote:Just got my acceptance package in the mail!! Decision 2/25 and nothing under mailings. Was seriously thinking a ding was on its way since my LSAT is at 25th percentile and GPA well under that. Honestly no idea why they took me, good softs I suppose but I just graduated from UW undergrad this past year and haven't had that much WE yet. Anyway, good luck to everyone else!
congrats and you give me hope!

chicityteacher

Bronze

Post by chicityteacher » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:53 pm

swordsfish wrote:Just got my acceptance package in the mail!! Decision 2/25 and nothing under mailings. Was seriously thinking a ding was on its way since my LSAT is at 25th percentile and GPA well under that. Honestly no idea why they took me, good softs I suppose but I just graduated from UW undergrad this past year and haven't had that much WE yet. Anyway, good luck to everyone else!
Congrats! You give me hope as well. Although I wonder how you got a decision before many of us in the 12/1 crowd...did you have some stand out softs? Feel free to pm.

In any case, enjoy staying in Seattle.

KingRajesh

Bronze

Post by KingRajesh » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:32 pm

Been in review since 1/13. D:

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:38 pm

I'm mostly still reading this thread to find out if chicityteacher gets in.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chicityteacher

Bronze

Post by chicityteacher » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:38 pm

Adjudicator wrote:I'm mostly still reading this thread to find out if chicityteacher gets in.
+1

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:45 pm

Congrats!!! I hope I await the same result as you!

Kinderby

Bronze

Post by Kinderby » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:09 pm

Congratulations! Maybe a higher LSAT will balance out the OOSiness in my case! :D
Adjudicator wrote:I'm mostly still reading this thread to find out if chicityteacher gets in.
Me too! :)

tfs245

New

Post by tfs245 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:23 am

Decision 2/25. Mail 3/1 accepted. Little over 25th percentile for LSAT. Same with 75th percentile for GPA. In UG with above average softs. State resident.

I've been following this thread for awhile, and it's amazing how supportive everyone is. Good bunch of folks. I hope, and predict, a lot of the people still waiting will receive good news in the near future. I was by no means an auto-admit so those waiting keep your heads up!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tea_drinker

Silver

Post by tea_drinker » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:37 am

To those who were accepted, when is the seat deposit deadline? Thanks.

jwmalone87

Bronze

Post by jwmalone87 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:19 am

tfs245 wrote:Decision 2/25. Mail 3/1 accepted. Little over 25th percentile for LSAT. Same with 75th percentile for GPA. In UG with above average softs. State resident.

I've been following this thread for awhile, and it's amazing how supportive everyone is. Good bunch of folks. I hope, and predict, a lot of the people still waiting will receive good news in the near future. I was by no means an auto-admit so those waiting keep your heads up!
Congrats :) Do you remember your complete/IR dates?

jppatt16

New

Post by jppatt16 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:52 am

tea_drinker wrote:To those who were accepted, when is the seat deposit deadline? Thanks.
Going by what's on here, looks like May 1st: http://www.law.washington.edu/Admissions/Admits/

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:47 am

Just got my acceptance packet! Was IR 1/21 and Decision 2/24.
Last edited by Puttanesca on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JCDent

New

Post by JCDent » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:20 am

IR 1/24 here, not expecting to hear back anytime soon. UW hasn't shown much splitter love thus far, so I'm not holding out too much hope.

Shout out to my fellow DOOMocrats in this thread, best of luck with the cycle

tfs245

New

Post by tfs245 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:31 am

jwmalone87 wrote:Congrats :) Do you remember your complete/IR dates?
Complete in early december; IR on 1/21. Hope that helps

Flett

Bronze

Post by Flett » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:05 pm

Oh god. You gave me hope. How dare you! :lol:
Now I'm going to be anxiously waiting to see if my 2/25 decision (also nothing under mailings) is here yet. D=

Congrats!!!!

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:07 pm

If chicityteacher doesn't get in, I will rage. Us IR buddies gotta stick together.

ps--I love this thread.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

deja

Bronze

Post by deja » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:08 pm

akili wrote:If chicityteacher doesn't get in, I will rage. Us IR buddies gotta stick together.

ps--I love this thread.
How do you think the admissions peeps would react to a petition to reverse their decision on adjudicator (and any others amongst us who should have got in :D)?

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:10 pm

deja wrote:
akili wrote:If chicityteacher doesn't get in, I will rage. Us IR buddies gotta stick together.

ps--I love this thread.
How do you think the admissions peeps would react to a petition to reverse their decision on adjudicator (and any others amongst us who should have got in :D)?
Ughhh. I'm still so mad that they rejected him. I honestly don't get it. His freaking avatar was the WA state flag, I mean COME ON!

uw i still love you though, please pick me back?

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:16 pm

Am I the only one with Decision: 02/28, Decision Letter Sent: 02/28?

Kinderby

Bronze

Post by Kinderby » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:02 pm

deja wrote:

ps--I love this thread.
Adjudicator Gets Accepted!: the Donna Martin Graduates of TLS.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”