CU Boulder 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
oldhippie

Silver

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Post by oldhippie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:32 pm

typ3 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
oldhippie wrote:
krad wrote:GABF is sooooo freaking fun and ridiculous! Pretzel necklaces FTW!
because i need MORE reasons why CU is where i want to be.......i have yet to find a flaw :D
Flaw: They waitlisted Chrisbru.
And are super slow to get back to typ3 and krad.
excellent points...i was referring more to the boulder and denver areas rather than CU admissions, i promise! plenty of flaws with admissions!!

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:35 pm

Blah. I just want to be on the slopes. I am getting nothing accomplished my final semester due to TLS. I'm on here 24/7.

On a different note. Who wants to be in my study group?

Also question for krad, how far is the law school from the cudenver / du campus?

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:40 pm

Connected to our missing schollys??? ha.

Hickenlooper proposes Colo. budget with broad, deep cuts - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/legislature/c ... z1EFMDfpHv
Hickenlooper's budget also would slash an additional $36 million from state support for higher education, cutting Ritter's proposed $555 million for colleges down to $519 million.

While Ritter's 2011-12 proposal had called for keeping general fund support for higher education level with the current year, the fact that federal stimulus funding will not be replaced means that, with Hickenlooper's proposed cut, higher education would see a total $125 million net decrease from the current year.

Rucks689

New

Post by Rucks689 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:09 pm

I was wondering when people that have heard either way heard and when their applications were completed. This is getting ridiculous . . .not sure how much longer I can take waiting!

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:10 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:I'm not even exactly sure how a pretzel necklace would work, but SIGN ME UP!!
Like so:

typ3 wrote: Also question for krad, how far is the law school from the cudenver / du campus?
CU Denver is downtown, and, depending on traffic, I've made it up to Boulder in as quick as ~30 min (I'm a fast driver though...). DU is in South Denver, but it's pretty much all highway driving; I'd guess 40min without traffic. Things can get really nasty driving on I25 north/south through downtown Denver during the evening rush hour...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:45 pm

Thats sorta sad. I was imagining a giant soft pretzel necklace. I suppose that might be a bit messy/greasy/hot to put around your neck.
PBR trucker hat seems to be the epitome of class and style though!

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:49 pm

and now i am craving a giant soft pretzel.

waitlisteddd

New

Post by waitlisteddd » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Dear CU,

I want a pretzel necklace, PBR trucker hat, and awesome slopes nearby. Please respond quickly, as the unknown is scary.

Love,
I just want out of Ohio.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Driving ? I thought everybody was on skis.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:58 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Driving ? I thought everybody was on skis.
I've been asked this many times when I tell people that I'm from Colorado. This, or travel by horses.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:01 pm

bananeez wrote:
I've been asked this many times when I tell people that I'm from Colorado. This, or travel by horses.
:lol:

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:10 pm

bananeez wrote:
I must admit I help to propogate these misconceptions.

"Oh, it's about a day's ride over yonder hill, three if'n you're pulling a wagon. Course, you bring any more'n fifty head a cattle, and you're looking at a good week or so..."

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:21 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
bananeez wrote:
I must admit I help to propogate these misconceptions.

"Oh, it's about a day's ride over yonder hill, three if'n you're pulling a wagon. Course, you bring any more'n fifty head a cattle, and you're looking at a good week or so..."
Haha. I was once in a class in which a student said, "but states like Colorado don't get the news as fast as we do." I replied similar to your manner. How could we if it comes via wagon?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:27 pm

I think it might only be people from Colorado that speak about Colorado like that. I've never heard any of this wagon talk (maybe skiing, but I've heard that about any place that gets a lot of snow).

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:33 pm

ptblazer wrote:I think it might only be people from Colorado that speak about Colorado like that. I've never heard any of this wagon talk (maybe skiing, but I've heard that about any place that gets a lot of snow).

Yeah, I've never heard anything like that about CO. Being from OK, I get a lot of "did you live on a reservation?!?" and lots of questions about cowboys, but even most of those were tongue in cheek.

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:34 pm

upfish wrote:
ptblazer wrote:I think it might only be people from Colorado that speak about Colorado like that. I've never heard any of this wagon talk (maybe skiing, but I've heard that about any place that gets a lot of snow).

Yeah, I've never heard anything like that about CO. Being from OK, I get a lot of "did you live on a reservation?!?" and lots of questions about cowboys, but even most of those were tongue in cheek.
I'm from Arkansas, so... toothless and barefoot. Also, recently showing signs of the impending apocalypse.

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Ginj wrote:
upfish wrote:

I'm from Arkansas, so... toothless and barefoot. Also, recently showing signs of the impending apocalypse.
Haha, yes, I think that is a country wide stereotype of Arkansas, sorry to hear about all those birds and fish by the way. I'm not really sure what the stereotype of Oregon is, but I'm sure we have a lot though, haha.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JakeL

Bronze

Post by JakeL » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:04 pm

ptblazer wrote: Haha, yes, I think that is a country wide stereotype of Arkansas, sorry to hear about all those birds and fish by the way. I'm not really sure what the stereotype of Oregon is, but I'm sure we have a lot though, haha.
Umm you haven't seen portlandia yet? W oregun- dirty hippies, E oregon= Arkansas. Same can be applied to Washington.

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:08 pm

JakeL wrote:
ptblazer wrote: Haha, yes, I think that is a country wide stereotype of Arkansas, sorry to hear about all those birds and fish by the way. I'm not really sure what the stereotype of Oregon is, but I'm sure we have a lot though, haha.
Umm you haven't seen portlandia yet? W oregun- dirty hippies, E oregon= Arkansas. Same can be applied to Washington.
Yeah thats why I didn't know what to say. Western Oregon is a lot different than Eastern Oregon, you cross that mountian range and you're in a entirely different world. I have seen Portlandia, they are truely spot on with a few of the stereotypes.

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:06 pm

I figure most people would announce this, but in case not, has anyone received a scholarship yet?

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:21 pm

ptblazer wrote:I figure most people would announce this, but in case not, has anyone received a scholarship yet?
I think they forgot to put my full ride letter in the mail.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:33 pm

ptblazer wrote:I figure most people would announce this, but in case not, has anyone received a scholarship yet?
Just the one that came with the acceptance letter, but nothing else.

(Wait, didn't you guys get that one?!)

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Wait, so you got a scholarship with your acceptance letter?

SherlockHolmes

Bronze

Post by SherlockHolmes » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:35 pm

No mention of a scholarship with my acceptance letter.. :|

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:36 pm

I think he's joking...or I hope?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”