Top-Law-Schools.comTLS
Home
Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums
 
Forum Index     Latest Posts     Forum Search     Mobile (on/off)     See Also: Rankings/Profiles   Interviews   LSAT Prep   TLS Stats


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4973 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 199  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm
Posts: 1107
Anyone else? I submitted a couple of days ago -- it's definitely one of my top choices. Good luck, all!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm
Posts: 1213
Yep!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm
Posts: 10953
Location: At work
complete after exactly a month. will be reviewed in 2. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 7146
Entchen wrote:
Anyone else? I submitted a couple of days ago -- it's definitely one of my top choices. Good luck, all!


Submitted. Requesting a space heater if accepted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm
Posts: 1213
Knockglock wrote:
Submitted. Requesting a space heater if accepted.


<3 <3 <3 so true


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm
Posts: 2943
Count me in, just waiting on my second LOR


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm
Posts: 1107
Knockglock wrote:
Entchen wrote:
Anyone else? I submitted a couple of days ago -- it's definitely one of my top choices. Good luck, all!


Submitted. Requesting a space heater if accepted.


Requesting XC skis.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am
Posts: 508
Submitted a couple weeks ago. I've been "processing" since 10/14.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm
Posts: 370
zworykin wrote:
Submitted a couple weeks ago. I've been "processing" since 10/14.


I submitted on 9/24 and I've been "processing" since 10/1. I think they're just really slow with everyone right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am
Posts: 677
I want to hold out for a fee waiver... but if they haven't given me one already (at/above both medians), my guess is that the October LSAT won't change anything. Maybe I should just send. I like the M.LL.P. program they have in Berlin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 192
"Complete" since 10/1, here. Good luck to all!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 1130
Cornell happens to be one of the 19 schools I've applied to, yes...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm
Posts: 818
Applied back on 10/10. Waiting on my LSAT score to finally complete my application


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 am
Posts: 292
Complete since 10/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 7146
mr_toad wrote:
I want to hold out for a fee waiver... but if they haven't given me one already (at/above both medians), my guess is that the October LSAT won't change anything. Maybe I should just send. I like the M.LL.P. program they have in Berlin.


Didn't get a fee waiver either :evil:.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 993
Knockglock wrote:
Submitted. Requesting a space heater if accepted.


I'll be ordering one of those, plus a light-therapy lamp.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:44 pm
Posts: 43
I was looking over last year's Cornell applicants thread and it seems the people who applied EA were mostly deferred and then strung along till May-ish until a final decision was made. They made it sound like they filled up lots of the spots from RD applicants and then used the people waiting from EA to fill up remaining spots/ppl who withdraw or deny their offers until they can fill up the entire class.

But my stats are probably ideally best served applying EA because I am a splitter. (hoping for a 168-170 from Oct/10).

Any suggestions or ideas of how EA really works?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 993
1republic wrote:
I was looking over last year's Cornell applicants thread and it seems the people who applied EA were mostly deferred and then strung along till May-ish until a final decision was made. They made it sound like they filled up lots of the spots from RD applicants and then used the people waiting from EA to fill up remaining spots/ppl who withdraw or deny their offers until they can fill up the entire class.

But my stats are probably ideally best served applying EA because I am a splitter. (hoping for a 168-170 from Oct/10).

Any suggestions or ideas of how EA really works?


Got any hypothesis for why Cornell would be the only school that actively penalizes people who apply early? That sounds pretty ridiculous to me. It's more likely that the people posting in that thread weren't a representative sample.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:44 pm
Posts: 43
Bumi wrote:
1republic wrote:
I was looking over last year's Cornell applicants thread and it seems the people who applied EA were mostly deferred and then strung along till May-ish until a final decision was made. They made it sound like they filled up lots of the spots from RD applicants and then used the people waiting from EA to fill up remaining spots/ppl who withdraw or deny their offers until they can fill up the entire class.

But my stats are probably ideally best served applying EA because I am a splitter. (hoping for a 168-170 from Oct/10).

Any suggestions or ideas of how EA really works?


Got any hypothesis for why Cornell would be the only school that actively penalizes people who apply early?


No, not really. It's the only school that I am applying to that has an Early Action deadline, as opposed to schools with Early Decision or simply applying sooner than later (with all the same deadline).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm
Posts: 2072
Bumi wrote:
1republic wrote:
I was looking over last year's Cornell applicants thread and it seems the people who applied EA were mostly deferred and then strung along till May-ish until a final decision was made. They made it sound like they filled up lots of the spots from RD applicants and then used the people waiting from EA to fill up remaining spots/ppl who withdraw or deny their offers until they can fill up the entire class.

But my stats are probably ideally best served applying EA because I am a splitter. (hoping for a 168-170 from Oct/10).

Any suggestions or ideas of how EA really works?


Got any hypothesis for why Cornell would be the only school that actively penalizes people who apply early? That sounds pretty ridiculous to me. It's more likely that the people posting in that thread weren't a representative sample.


The only sensible theory I heard on TLS had something to do with yield protecting.

I'm taking the LSAT in December so good luck to us all! Cornell IS my top choice regardless of where I get accepted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am
Posts: 677
It might actually make a lot of sense. They're not in the admissions game to make friends, and people who did EA are binding themselves to Cornell. This means they can try and build the class they want out of the regular applicant pool, see who signs up, and then cherry pick the EA people since they don't have to offer them scholarships. I could see a logic here that might be deemed evil, might be deemed logical, but is probably very effective, especially in a year where their applications increased by 52 percent. http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2010/02/09/we-know-about-cornell-but-what-about-vandy-gulc-duke-etc/. Alternatively, they might have just had their hands full wading through all those extra applications. But I like the explanations that assume nefarious conspiracies.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am
Posts: 677
Or, wait, is EA binding or non-binding? I can't remember.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 993
mr_toad wrote:
Or, wait, is EA binding or non-binding? I can't remember.

Non-binding. Your theory makes no sense.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm
Posts: 2072
mr_toad wrote:
It might actually make a lot of sense. They're not in the admissions game to make friends, and people who did EA are binding themselves to Cornell. This means they can try and build the class they want out of the regular applicant pool, see who signs up, and then cherry pick the EA people since they don't have to offer them scholarships. I could see a logic here that might be deemed evil, might be deemed logical, but is probably very effective, especially in a year where their applications increased by 52 percent. http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2010/02/09/we-know-about-cornell-but-what-about-vandy-gulc-duke-etc/. Alternatively, they might have just had their hands full wading through all those extra applications. But I like the explanations that assume nefarious conspiracies.


EA to Cornell isn't binding. I'm really hoping that the number of applications to Cornell goes down this year... I'm especially worried since their median GPA/LSAT went up to 3.7/168.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cornell 2011 applicants
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 993
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4973 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 199  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PeanutsNJam, vitamindoll and 21 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Login     TLS home     TLS forums     TLS wiki     Terms of Service     Privacy Policy     Copyright Policy     Contact     powered by phpBB