Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rundoxierun

Gold

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Post by rundoxierun » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:37 pm

Well they confirmed receipt of my file update today. That was the last thing I could do. Now its just time to sit and wait ...and pray

The Real Jack McCoy

Bronze

Post by The Real Jack McCoy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:44 pm

Hope they get through the next week of Decembers a little more quickly, even if it means a rejection. I'm really hoping to decide where I'll be next year and it is pretty hard to think about these things in the abstract.

Sorry to any new DLSs.

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:49 pm

The Real Jack McCoy wrote:Hope they get through the next week of Decembers a little more quickly, even if it means a rejection. I'm really hoping to decide where I'll be next year and it is pretty hard to think about these things in the abstract.

Sorry to any new DLSs.
Imma help you out.. Hamilton. :wink:

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:36 pm

someone who went UR Nov.23 (rs2004) also updated to rejected today on LSN. Whether there was an update delay or whether our chronological theory has been debunked... anyone know?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:41 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:someone who went UR Nov.23 (rs2004) also updated to rejected today on LSN. Whether there was an update delay or whether our chronological theory has been debunked... anyone know?
Who knows, but even if it just happened today it doesn't really debunk the chronological order theory. It's still in basically the same range, the last week of Nov, first week of Dec.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:47 pm

Knock wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:someone who went UR Nov.23 (rs2004) also updated to rejected today on LSN. Whether there was an update delay or whether our chronological theory has been debunked... anyone know?
Who knows, but even if it just happened today it doesn't really debunk the chronological order theory. It's still in basically the same range, the last week of Nov, first week of Dec.
Yeah I suppose you're right

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:50 pm

I also don't think this is enough to debunk our theory...plus the fact that LSN isn't necessarily perfect reporting. If someone from September or October actually got DLS right now, then we would be screwed. :(

alive

New

Post by alive » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:56 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
Knock wrote:
I was curious, too, so I asked for more detail. My guess is that they just got the rejection letter today, and didn't check their status or know what DLS meant. Even if it doesn't matter, I'm pretty touchy about Stanford right now. I visited on Monday and it was everything I dreamed of and more...if you guys are nice, maybe I will post my pics from the trip this weekend. I will warn you though...my photography skills are rough!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:57 pm

alive wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
Knock wrote:
I was curious, too, so I asked for more detail. My guess is that they just got the rejection letter today, and didn't check their status or know what DLS meant. Even if it doesn't matter, I'm pretty touchy about Stanford right now. I visited on Monday and it was everything I dreamed of and more...if you guys are nice, maybe I will post my pics from the trip this weekend. I will warn you though...my photography skills are rough!
Lets see them! We already have a bunch on the first page, but we could always use more :).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

alive

New

Post by alive » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Knock wrote:
Lets see them! We already have a bunch on the first page, but we could always use more :).
I know...I love looking at your pictures on the first page. These aren't nearly as good as yours, but they'll still add some color the thread. I'll post them this weekend.

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:48 pm

alive wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
Knock wrote:
ITT: Kremlinology.

inandout1

New

Post by inandout1 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:15 pm

BumpTTT

The Real Jack McCoy

Bronze

Post by The Real Jack McCoy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:47 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
The Real Jack McCoy wrote:Hope they get through the next week of Decembers a little more quickly, even if it means a rejection. I'm really hoping to decide where I'll be next year and it is pretty hard to think about these things in the abstract.

Sorry to any new DLSs.
Ha, thanks for the help--but I'm a pretty good candidate for a large need-based grant, and once you figure in COL differences and career interests, I doubt it'll make sense to take the Hamilton (the Rubenstein would be tempting but I suspect it has passed me by).

Anyhow, checking once or twice daily and no DLS status yet (I'm first week of December). Though each day is a small pool so there might be movement with no posts. Good luck to all the other early-December URers...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:02 am

Finally mustered up the courage to check my status checker after a two week panic period/hiatus. If the chronology theory rings true, my UR date has been passed over [11/22/2010], and the upper text still reads: "Your application for admission to Stanford Law School is now complete and has been submitted to the Admissions Committee for review. Please be advised that decisions are made on a rolling basis. The Office of Admissions will make every effort to provide decisions by April 30."

Pretty surprised as I'm below both medians.

Do we think that SLS is basically accepting auto-admits and sending "DLS" rejections chronologically until UR 2/01/2011 before assessing the remaining files? Any ideas when they'll review the files from October and November again? (I'm guessing mid March.)

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:12 am

neonx wrote:Finally mustered up the courage to check my status checker after a two week panic period/hiatus. If the chronology theory rings true, my UR date has been passed over [11/22/2010], and the upper text still reads: "Your application for admission to Stanford Law School is now complete and has been submitted to the Admissions Committee for review. Please be advised that decisions are made on a rolling basis. The Office of Admissions will make every effort to provide decisions by April 30."

Do we think that SLS is basically accepting auto-admits and sending "DLS" rejections chronologically until UR 2/01/2011 before assessing the remaining files? Any ideas when they'll review the files from October and November again? (I'm guessing mid March.)
Yes, that theory is the one we have right now. Anyone in Dean Deal's middle pile where she is not sure yet has probably been passed over in the last few weeks as DLS's have gone out. I think some people were speculating more decisions may come out next Friday (since sufficient time has passed since the app deadline and SLS seems to like Fridays). However, she should (hopefully) be getting back to the apps in limbo by the end of Feb. or beginning of March. Of course, we do not really know.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:15 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
neonx wrote:Finally mustered up the courage to check my status checker after a two week panic period/hiatus. If the chronology theory rings true, my UR date has been passed over [11/22/2010], and the upper text still reads: "Your application for admission to Stanford Law School is now complete and has been submitted to the Admissions Committee for review. Please be advised that decisions are made on a rolling basis. The Office of Admissions will make every effort to provide decisions by April 30."

Yes, that theory is the one we have right now. Anyone in Dean Deal's middle pile where she is not sure yet has probably been passed over in the last few weeks as DLS's have gone out. I think some people were speculating more decisions may come out next Friday (since sufficient time has passed since the app deadline and SLS seems to like Fridays). However, she should (hopefully) be getting back to the apps in limbo by the end of Feb. or beginning of March. Of course, we do not really know.
It seems like a lot of the admit calls have been coming on Wednesdays lately? There were 3 TLS admits this past Wednesday, at least.

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:22 am

Knock wrote: It seems like a lot of the admit calls have been coming on Wednesdays lately? There were 3 TLS admits this past Wednesday, at least.
I just googled wednesday, and found this!
--ImageRemoved--

PS, I support your tar change back to the helmet!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:24 am

The Stig wrote:
Knock wrote: It seems like a lot of the admit calls have been coming on Wednesdays lately? There were 3 TLS admits this past Wednesday, at least.
--ImageRemoved--

My counter-proposal:

--ImageRemoved--

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:31 am

Knock wrote:
The Stig wrote:
--ImageRemoved--

My counter-proposal:

--ImageRemoved--
but before you know it...
--ImageRemoved--
!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:34 am

The Stig wrote:
Knock wrote:
The Stig wrote:

My counter-proposal:

but before you know it...
!

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:15 pm

The Real Jack McCoy wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:

Sorry to any new DLSs.
Ha, thanks for the help--but I'm a pretty good candidate for a large need-based grant, and once you figure in COL differences and career interests, I doubt it'll make sense to take the Hamilton (the Rubenstein would be tempting but I suspect it has passed me by).

Anyhow, checking once or twice daily and no DLS status yet (I'm first week of December). Though each day is a small pool so there might be movement with no posts. Good luck to all the other early-December URers...
Haha.. Im pretty sure we have had this conversation before. Im in the same situation as you but when I open those scholarship letters and see the words "over $140,000" it always causes me to take a second look (probably third and forth too).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

askyemcdonald

Silver

Post by askyemcdonald » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:08 pm

Good Morning Stanford. Will you be my valentine?

jrose5

Silver

Post by jrose5 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:10 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:Good Morning Stanford. Will you be my valentine?
Haha... coupled with your avatar, I really had a mental image of spongebob asking that...

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:12 pm

jrose5 wrote:
Haha... coupled with your avatar, I really had a mental image of spongebob asking that...
I just saw an episode ...

askyemcdonald

Silver

Post by askyemcdonald » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:13 pm

r6_philly wrote:
jrose5 wrote:
I just saw an episode ...
:lol:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”