Yale 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jtemp320
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby jtemp320 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:35 pm

Knock wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:Just got an email from them that my app is still incomplete because they don't have my Dean's Certification. I have transcripts from five different schools but was only a full time student at a couple. I asked those where I was a full time student to send Dean's Certifications to Yale months ago - so not sure which of them hasn't completed it. Of course Yale admissions' phone system goes straight to voicemail and email triggers an automatic response saying to call. Not sure which school to follow up with. Any suggestions?


I had the same thing, turns out my dean's cert got lost in the mail. Finally went complete a few days ago. The only Dean's cert I sent was from my degree granting 4 year institution. I didn't send the multiple community college transcripts where I took a summer school class or two and still went complete.


So they did respond to my message and left me a message saying they didn't have them. We then played phone tag this morning. I resigned myself to getting new forms sent in and started working the buercracies at all of my past schools- but then I got a call back from Yale admissions...They were very apologetic and said my certifications had been misfiled, they have them and my app is now complete!

Thats okay Yale - no worries - I still love you. 8)

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:37 pm

jtemp320 wrote:
Knock wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:Just got an email from them that my app is still incomplete because they don't have my Dean's Certification. I have transcripts from five different schools but was only a full time student at a couple. I asked those where I was a full time student to send Dean's Certifications to Yale months ago - so not sure which of them hasn't completed it. Of course Yale admissions' phone system goes straight to voicemail and email triggers an automatic response saying to call. Not sure which school to follow up with. Any suggestions?


I had the same thing, turns out my dean's cert got lost in the mail. Finally went complete a few days ago. The only Dean's cert I sent was from my degree granting 4 year institution. I didn't send the multiple community college transcripts where I took a summer school class or two and still went complete.


So they did respond to my message and left me a message saying they didn't have them. We then played phone tag this morning. I resigned myself to getting new forms sent in and started working the buercracies at all of my past schools- but then I got a call back from Yale admissions...They were very apologetic and said my certifications had been misfiled, they have them and my app is now complete!

Thats okay Yale - no worries - I still love you. 8)


Sweet man. I wonder if that's what happened with mine. Oh well, it's not like i'm getting in anyways so.

ashleyryan
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby ashleyryan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Have any of you guys contacted Yale regarding your file if you have yet to receive a complete e-mail?

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby neonx » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:31 pm

I just had my UG fax the Dean's Cert for the second time (and I even mailed a hard copy in October.) No complete for a mid-February submission. Should I be concerned?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:32 pm

neonx wrote:I just had my UG fax the Dean's Cert for the second time (and I even mailed a hard copy in October.) No complete for a mid-February submission. Should I be concerned?


Damn, I couldn't find the fax number for YLS.

Keeper1125
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:38 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby Keeper1125 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:57 pm

neonx wrote:I just had my UG fax the Dean's Cert for the second time (and I even mailed a hard copy in October.) No complete for a mid-February submission. Should I be concerned?


I submitted mid-Feb and just got my completion e-mail yesterday fwiw.

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby jrose5 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:59 pm

Keeper1125 wrote:
neonx wrote:I just had my UG fax the Dean's Cert for the second time (and I even mailed a hard copy in October.) No complete for a mid-February submission. Should I be concerned?


I submitted mid-Feb and just got my completion e-mail yesterday fwiw.


Hm, sounds like a very wide variation. I got the complete email 1 day after I fedexed my Dean's Cert.

It was my 2nd time fedexing it though ($28 for a likely rejection... :? ), since it got lost the first time.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:48 pm

Just went complete. Took less than two weeks from the date I submitted.

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby suspicious android » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:03 pm

CastleRock wrote:Just went complete. Took less than two weeks from the date I submitted.


Same here, very pleased, I was gonna start stressing out about it soon, hearing about the five week waits and not being sure when or if to check to see if my dean's certs went through. Now just gotta wait for the bad news.

Keeper1125
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:38 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby Keeper1125 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:06 pm

eh, you never know. good luck ya'll.

User avatar
src42
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby src42 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:15 pm

So I didn't even apply to Yale, but this is seriously the coolest thing I've ever seen: http://www.good.is/post/yale-law-school ... -students/. Not that you need another reason to love Yale.

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby d34d9823 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:39 pm

I'm complete as well. Submitted 2/28. :D :D :D

jd20132013
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby jd20132013 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:59 pm

They seem to be going overtime on the completions.

Wonder if decisions are on a similar time table.

The Real Jack McCoy
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby The Real Jack McCoy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:54 am

The Real Jack McCoy wrote:
I looked at LSN and the huge March rejection wave started right after YLS began their spring recess (03/12 last year). There were also a couple acceptances on the Sat. and Mon. of spring recess. A very similar pattern in 2009--a couple acceptances a few days after break starts, but rejection letters start showing up en masse the week of YLS break. So I suspect they try to send out a bunch of rejections before they go on break.

YLS' spring recess starts tomorrow.


I checked the thread from last year and the rejection letters were sent out on the Monday of break.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby subtle » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:10 pm

The Real Jack McCoy wrote:
The Real Jack McCoy wrote:
I looked at LSN and the huge March rejection wave started right after YLS began their spring recess (03/12 last year). There were also a couple acceptances on the Sat. and Mon. of spring recess. A very similar pattern in 2009--a couple acceptances a few days after break starts, but rejection letters start showing up en masse the week of YLS break. So I suspect they try to send out a bunch of rejections before they go on break.

YLS' spring recess starts tomorrow.


I checked the thread from last year and the rejection letters were sent out on the Monday of break.



Oh good. So I'll expect mine this week.

artemis178
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:11 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby artemis178 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:44 pm

I don't know how representative TLS is compared to LSN (I think both are a very small sample and may or may not overlap substantially depending on the cycle and the school), but according to LSN, rejection letters went out every day of spring break last year. It might be that people don't post the exact date of the rejection (it might be the date of the letter or the day it arrived, or the day they got around to it, etc.) so that might skew our data, but I don't think anyone should assume that if they survive Monday they've somehow survived the round of rejections next week . . . sorry!

The Real Jack McCoy
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby The Real Jack McCoy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:03 pm

I didn't mean to suggest they would mirror last cycle (i.e., we should expect letters to go out tomorrow)--the March 1st deadline probably changed things--but was mainly checking last thread to see if there was office activity during break. It looks like they stay open/active, unless Asha couldn't get enough of the office and went back during a vacation.

User avatar
zabagabe
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:48 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby zabagabe » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:16 pm

The Real Jack McCoy wrote:I didn't mean to suggest they would mirror last cycle (i.e., we should expect letters to go out tomorrow)--the March 1st deadline probably changed things--but was mainly checking last thread to see if there was office activity during break. It looks like they stay open/active, unless Asha couldn't get enough of the office and went back during a vacation.


They must be really swamped/behind...I just called the admissions office, got voicemail, and then was told the voicemailbox was full and I couldn't leave a message!

ringdabell
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby ringdabell » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Hey, did anyone sent in update materials?
I'm not sure if its too late or wouldn't make a difference.....(ie. won't be included into my file they read as my file has been completed awhile ago?)
can someon help me out on this issue?

jd20132013
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby jd20132013 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:34 pm

I sent in a diversity statement last week. my file had already been completed.

rocktower3
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:33 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby rocktower3 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:56 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:I'm complete as well. Submitted 2/28. :D :D :D


Complete today. Submitted....March 1! :D Hopefully we'll hear decisions before May?

User avatar
tgir
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby tgir » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:58 pm

Isn't March supposed to be YLS's big month for notifications? We're almost halfway through, and nothing!

jcn4
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby jcn4 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:38 pm

I'm going to be out of the country for a couple weeks. Anyone know if YLS will leave a message or send an email if they can't reach me by phone (if I happen to be admitted)?

doglover24
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:19 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby doglover24 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:40 pm

I have a sudden (and probably irrational fear) that my rejection letter came with the first batch and got lost in the mail...starting to feel like i may never hear back.

User avatar
ebeth
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby ebeth » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:52 pm

dot wrote:Yay for this line in that email

We are actively reviewing applications at the moment and expect to have decisions finalized by late March to early April.


Late March is much better than I expected!


If they are going to hold themselves to this statement (quoted from page 34 I think) then we really have to get slammed with decisions here in the next couple/few weeks.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apricots, Aquinas, carlos_danger, dala77, jdanz, jtn123, okf731, pandaaa, Pugnax and 44 guests