Chicago Kent - Prospective Class of 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jma

New

Re: Chicago Kent - Prospective Class of 2014

Post by jma » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:50 am

expressway wrote:Got a "fill out a continued interest survey" email today.
I am writing to update you on the status of your application for admission to Chicago-Kent College of Law. As you know, your application is currently deferred and is under ongoing review by the Admissions Committee.

At present, it appears that the entering class is full for this fall. However, we may have some openings over the summer and the Admissions Committee will continue to review deferred applications as seats become available in the Fall 2011 class. The Admissions Committee will be making final decisions on deferred applications between now and the start of classes in August as we get a better sense of the available seats in the entering class.
Nope, I'm done. I've got two deposits and an apartment elsewhere, and I'm not waiting around any longer. Good luck guys!
Hmm that doesn't look good for the rest of us who are still deferred then.

Scottie88

Bronze

Post by Scottie88 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:57 am

jma wrote:
I am writing to update you on the status of your application for admission to Chicago-Kent College of Law. As you know, your application is currently deferred and is under ongoing review by the Admissions Committee.

At present, it appears that the entering class is full for this fall. However, we may have some openings over the summer and the Admissions Committee will continue to review deferred applications as seats become available in the Fall 2011 class. The Admissions Committee will be making final decisions on deferred applications between now and the start of classes in August as we get a better sense of the available seats in the entering class.
Nope, I'm done. I've got two deposits and an apartment elsewhere, and I'm not waiting around any longer. Good luck guys!
Got that same email...ask to remain on the waitlist but it looks like the games pretty much over.

jma

New

Post by jma » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:44 pm

Scottie88 wrote:
jma wrote:

Got that same email...ask to remain on the waitlist but it looks like the games pretty much over.
I never received that email actually but I guess now it looks like I should be anticipating for it?

Scottie88

Bronze

Post by Scottie88 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:44 pm

I never received that email actually but I guess now it looks like I should be anticipating for it?[/quote]

I know some schools dont send those emails to applicants who recently got in touch with the admin offic.. like sent a LOCI or some form of update indicating they wish to remain under consideration.

StacyStrong

New

Post by StacyStrong » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:23 pm

Does anyone know if there is a FB page for the class?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chicarda

New

Post by chicarda » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:38 am

StacyStrong wrote:Does anyone know if there is a FB page for the class?
This is the official school one.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicago-K ... 6997329206

StacyStrong

New

Post by StacyStrong » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:43 pm

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 5846591350

i just made this
don't know if there was a class specific one

Scottie88

Bronze

Post by Scottie88 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Any movement for deferred applicants after the email was sent out??

Scottie88

Bronze

Post by Scottie88 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:08 am

Still deferred...status updated to show they received my second survey response. Any movement for deferred candidates? Should I lose all hope at this point? :?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Paste_Me

New

Post by Paste_Me » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:23 pm

Scottie88 wrote:Still deferred...status updated to show they received my second survey response. Any movement for deferred candidates? Should I lose all hope at this point? :?
im in the same boat

aknecht

Bronze

Post by aknecht » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:50 pm

hate to say it guys but we all paid our second deposits on the 15th. Kent knows who is coming and who isn't by now (barring any mid August drop outs). I think you need to plan on something else. best of luck though!

lawyeriA

New

Post by lawyeriA » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:09 am

I withdrew 4 days ago with $$$ (full tuition first year guaranteed and 20k years 2 + 3 with 3.25 gpa). Here's to hoping that the spot and the money find the right home.

Scottie88

Bronze

Post by Scottie88 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Admitted today via status checker!!!!! Dream come true!!! :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Scottie88 wrote:Admitted today via status checker!!!!! Dream come true!!! :lol:
Congratulations!!! You've been inquiring about the wl for a very looong time!
That's awesome! Very Happy for you!
Now kick butt this fall.

:))

TurkeyDay

New

Post by TurkeyDay » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:23 pm

Hey guys! Just withdrew from Kent with a full tuition scholarship my first year. I hope someone great gets it! Best of luck.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”