Wake 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jdemmitt

Silver

Re: Wake 2011

Post by jdemmitt » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Driving back to Raleigh now. Fly out Sunday. Woo

wileyman02

New

Post by wileyman02 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:56 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:
mss455 wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:
mss455 wrote:Errr I don't care what you all say --- p.s. ADD Tulane to my List of Acceptances - Thanks.

If it would make you feel BETTER if I said my life has NO meaning anymore because I did not get into Wake - here it goes: I am completely so awfully disappointed I did not get In Wake.
In other words: I don't really care, yet I do really care.

This ladies and gentlemen is why people go to law school, pay t14 prices for bottom end tier 1 schools, and end up hating their careers as indentured servants. In short, dumbass syndrome.
Dumbass syndrome afflictee - I got in Wisconsin, which is not a bottom T1 school like you're claiming - I wish you the best to get in at your WAKE !!!
Obviously, I am aware that Wisconsin and Wake are not bottom T1 schools. I was referring to you gloating about your acceptance at Tulane - like it matters to anyone. 150/3.92 - you'd almost definitely be paying sticker there or anywhere else decent.

You are going to be a fantastic lawyer.

Dude, you sure talk a lot of shit for someone who needed two mulligans to get past the LSAT...

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:52 pm

wileyman02 wrote:Dude, you sure talk a lot of shit for someone who needed two mulligans to get past the LSAT...
Let's keep golf out of this.

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:53 pm

charlesxavier wrote:
wileyman02 wrote:Dude, you sure talk a lot of shit for someone who needed two mulligans to get past the LSAT...
Let's keep golf out of this.
+1

richis7

New

Post by richis7 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:12 am

jdemmitt wrote:The dean of admissions is sick right now, so that could be a reason.
I love it when there is a logical explanation for things. Thanks for letting me know that, now I don't have to spend all weekend trying to figure out why I didn't hear anything.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

leidice

Bronze

Post by leidice » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:59 pm

richis7 wrote:
jdemmitt wrote:The dean of admissions is sick right now, so that could be a reason.
I love it when there is a logical explanation for things. Thanks for letting me know that, now I don't have to spend all weekend trying to figure out why I didn't hear anything.
How do you get to know this secret information!?

AfroThunder1212

New

Post by AfroThunder1212 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:36 pm

leidice wrote:
richis7 wrote:
They told us at the scholarship open house yesterday

leidice

Bronze

Post by leidice » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:54 pm

AfroThunder1212 wrote:
leidice wrote:
richis7 wrote:
OH. hahaha. I thought he'd been keeping tabs on the deans of admission for law schools. That would have been BA.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:09 pm

just a fyi for those of you who come for open house.....

when observing a class, please resist the urge to raise your hand to answer a profs question because:
1. you dont know what you are talking about for two reasons
(a) you did not read the case
(b) you dont know the topic being covered
2. you make people think 'who the f is this guy, and why is he not letting us answer the question?'
3. you are observing a class, which emphasis on observe.

sorry for the numbers and subsections - i just finished outlining for a brief and for my property midterm. but in all sincerity, for the sake of those of us paying tuition, hold off on gunning until you are enrolled.

i know this may make me come off as a dick, any really im not. And I know most (all?) of you would never do this. I (as well as my other classmates) were just stunned and confused as to what happened.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Stonewall

Bronze

Post by Stonewall » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:35 pm

moandersen wrote:just a fyi for those of you who come for open house.....

when observing a class, please resist the urge to raise your hand to answer a profs question because:
2. you make people think 'who the f is this guy, and why is he not letting us answer the question?'

sorry for the numbers and subsections - i just finished outlining for a brief and for my property midterm. but in all sincerity, for the sake of those of us paying tuition, hold off on gunning until you are enrolled.

i know this may make me come off as a dick, any really im not. And I know most (all?) of you would never do this. I (as well as my other classmates) were just stunned and confused as to what happened.
that is absolutely hilarious. 0L ultra-gunner strikes again

BlueDevil2007

New

Post by BlueDevil2007 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:59 pm

It amazes me that anyone would do that. I think my goal as a 0L would be to NOT draw attention to myself while observing a class.

Stonewall

Bronze

Post by Stonewall » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:02 pm

^ you would think. And I really don't want that kid to possibly be in my class next year

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:07 pm

moandersen wrote: 1. you dont know what you are talking about for two reasons
I observed a class last week and that seems to be a pretty accurate description of a few current students as well. There were no gunners but there were quite a few runners. Nobody wanted to answer the questions. It was a bit awkward.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:38 am

AfroThunder1212 wrote:
leidice wrote:
richis7 wrote:
Damn, gave away my secret.

edgarfigaro

Bronze

Post by edgarfigaro » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:27 am

Stonewall wrote:^ you would think. And I really don't want that kid to possibly be in my class next year
+1

Relientkate

Bronze

Post by Relientkate » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:53 pm

My online status checker still says "electronic application received" after two weeks... is this normal?

leidice

Bronze

Post by leidice » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:57 pm

edgarfigaro wrote:
Stonewall wrote:^ you would think. And I really don't want that kid to possibly be in my class next year
+1
+1
This person irritates me already.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:35 pm

Relientkate wrote:My online status checker still says "electronic application received" after two weeks... is this normal?
Well, since you submitted so late, it may not be too abnormal, as it is the peak application season...
I know mine didn't take that long though. The admissions office is super nice. If you drop them an email to inquire I'm sure they can let you know if everything is good to go.

ladybuglove

New

Post by ladybuglove » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:16 pm

How long did it take you guys to find out about scholarships? I was admitted 1/31, and I haven't gotten an email from them yet. Should I be worried? None of the other people on LSN who were admitted on the same date have listed scholarship info.

wester0

New

Post by wester0 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:45 pm

ladybuglove wrote:How long did it take you guys to find out about scholarships? I was admitted 1/31, and I haven't gotten an email from them yet. Should I be worried? None of the other people on LSN who were admitted on the same date have listed scholarship info.

I was notified within a week of admission. Granted, I was admitted about a week before the first (and IIRC thus far only) wave of scholarship offers were sent out. I'm sure Wake will send another wave of offers out eventually so I wouldn't be too worried. If you're really concerned you could call admissions and ask.

On a sidenote, anyone mind informing the rest of us what question the 0L tried to answer in class?

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:25 am

As far as contacting admissions regarding scholarships....I have done this and received no response...as has another poster on here. I was also admitted 1/31.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

richis7

New

Post by richis7 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:33 am

Relientkate wrote:My online status checker still says "electronic application received" after two weeks... is this normal?
I don't think it is abnormal. They wait until they have received a paper copy from LSAC to put you in review, so I assume that takes at least a week. Plus with the volume of apps they are getting, plus apparently being short staffed for part of last week, I don't think you should worry. For what it is worth i applied back in december (the 15th) got the status checker shortly after (2-3 days) and it took till january 1 for me to go in review (where I still am).

Best of luck!

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:35 am

NCtoDC wrote:As far as contacting admissions regarding scholarships....I have done this and received no response...as has another poster on here. I was also admitted 1/31.
I would wait before getting too anxious. I was admitted 12/10 and received scholarship info on 1/24.

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:39 am

One student asked about negotiating scholarships and they said they had no money until students started refusing offers. Maybe they were exaggerating.

nicole88

Bronze

Post by nicole88 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:41 am

Yeah, you definitely just sound like a dick, and I'm sure Wake Fores would not appreciate you going on to a blog of perspective students and letting them get to know the douchebags that await at WF.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”