Harvard 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DoubleChecks

Gold

Re: Harvard 2011 Applicants

Post by DoubleChecks » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:19 pm

thecilent wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:
mydogteddy wrote:
Sounds like you should take a TLS hiatus... or maybe some valium
As someone who spent way too much time worrying about apps after they were sent in- I recommend remedying this through time-consuming fun activities that take your mind off apps as much as possible. Case in point- my friend started to burn Js every day after submitting apps. He started at a T10 this year and has been refreshed and motivated. I, on the other hand, busted my ass in my senior classes (fearing that it would come down to a WL decision and that my grades might make a difference.) Now I'm taking a year off and wondering how prepared I'll be.

Not advocating drug use, but law school applicants in general really need to find ways to chill- none of that stress is at all productive or beneficial.
lol This is a weird comment
it's one of those things you wouldn't want other ppl to be quoting so that it could possibly lead back to you in the future and look bad :S haha

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 am

DoubleChecks wrote:
thecilent wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:
mydogteddy wrote:
Sounds like you should take a TLS hiatus... or maybe some valium
As someone who spent way too much time worrying about apps after they were sent in- I recommend remedying this through time-consuming fun activities that take your mind off apps as much as possible. Case in point- my friend started to burn Js every day after submitting apps. He started at a T10 this year and has been refreshed and motivated. I, on the other hand, busted my ass in my senior classes (fearing that it would come down to a WL decision and that my grades might make a difference.) Now I'm taking a year off and wondering how prepared I'll be.

Not advocating drug use, but law school applicants in general really need to find ways to chill- none of that stress is at all productive or beneficial.
lol This is a weird comment
it's one of those things you wouldn't want other ppl to be quoting so that it could possibly lead back to you in the future and look bad :S haha
Haha, sorry, post-nap grogginess led to me rambling. The friend was an example of someone who took relaxing/slacking to the extreme and is doing fine now. TLSers are notorious for feeling stressed out and adding to that stress by TLS lurking, reading all the ITE-talk, and wondering why they haven't gotten a JR1 yet. Some of the people here may hear nothing substantial from HLS admissions until May: should the mean time be spent doing fun, stress-free activities or compulsively checking TLS to see who got JR1s?

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:40 am

invisiblesun wrote:Haha, sorry, post-nap grogginess led to me rambling. The friend was an example of someone who took relaxing/slacking to the extreme and is doing fine now. TLSers are notorious for feeling stressed out and adding to that stress by TLS lurking, reading all the ITE-talk, and wondering why they haven't gotten a JR1 yet. Some of the people here may hear nothing substantial from HLS admissions until May: should the mean time be spent doing fun, stress-free activities or compulsively checking TLS to see who got JR1s?
Is it really one or the other? I like to think I do both of these things, plus other things :shock: mhmm

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:38 am

--ImageRemoved--

Hey, if you're having an easy time doing both, kudos. Unfortunately, a lot of people I know (myself included at points) let their anxiousness about LS apps infest all areas of their life and couldn't really relax until they put down their seat deposits. Just a word of advice from an applicant who found the application process to be pretty stressful :P

And DoubleChecks...I'm not too worried about someone finding out that I had a friend who liked to light up and had a slacker senior year :roll:

P.S. In all seriousness, thanks for your input in that "10 reasons not to go to HLS" thread!

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:36 pm

invisiblesun wrote:--ImageRemoved--

Hey, if you're having an easy time doing both, kudos. Unfortunately, a lot of people I know (myself included at points) let their anxiousness about LS apps infest all areas of their life and couldn't really relax until they put down their seat deposits. Just a word of advice from an applicant who found the application process to be pretty stressful :P

And DoubleChecks...I'm not too worried about someone finding out that I had a friend who liked to light up and had a slacker senior year :roll:

P.S. In all seriousness, thanks for your input in that "10 reasons not to go to HLS" thread!
lol you make a valid point -- no one should stress too much about the whole process...i find stress over things you no longer have control over = unproductive use of time/mental energies

on a separate issue, of course you needn't be worried about someone finding out that you had a friend who lit up...more your 'recommendation' with a 'case in point' haha, but im just joking w/ you -- obviously we both know what we're doing here :P

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:37 pm

Anyone hear of any JR1's today?

oxford_don

Bronze

Post by oxford_don » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:03 pm

[]
Last edited by oxford_don on Sun May 11, 2014 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:09 pm

oxford_don wrote:
Knockglock wrote:Anyone hear of any JR1's today?
No. But someone got accepted today. :lol: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=134761
:lol:. Don't have a heart attack if you're reading this, it's an obvious troll attempt.

sarcasticswede

New

Post by sarcasticswede » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:55 pm

would've been far more effective if he'd been posting in here about his jr1 a few weeks ago though : )

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

supahstahxruv

Bronze

Post by supahstahxruv » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:59 pm

not a JR post (sorry!) but my status did change to UR today (eeeek!), so maybe there'll be some sent out soon to those who've had their applications in for a while!

sarcasticswede

New

Post by sarcasticswede » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:03 pm

Well, since it's about 5pm in Cambridge looks like no JR1s this week (hard to imagine no one who goes on this was in the batch if there was one). Hopefully next week is more exciting!

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:28 pm

sarcasticswede wrote:Well, since it's about 5pm in Cambridge looks like no JR1s this week (hard to imagine no one who goes on this was in the batch if there was one). Hopefully next week is more exciting!
Don't be quite so sure. I got my JR1 email at about 6:30 on a Friday afternoon. You can continue neurosis for a good hour.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:29 pm

GeePee wrote:
sarcasticswede wrote:Well, since it's about 5pm in Cambridge looks like no JR1s this week (hard to imagine no one who goes on this was in the batch if there was one). Hopefully next week is more exciting!
Don't be quite so sure. I got my JR1 email at about 6:30 on a Friday afternoon. You can continue neurosis for a good hour.
STFU I don't need this bullshit any longer!

jk

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jdstl

Bronze

Post by jdstl » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:56 pm

It's looking like my Y and H apps are going to be under review at the same time. Which is truly nerve destroying, I was hoping to get one decision over with before the other went over review.

playdough

New

Post by playdough » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:31 pm

I wonder if no JR1s this week because HLS seems to have had a busy week visiting schools/fairs.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:23 am

I lold at the meme for real.

Also, it's probably really possible that there have been JR1s lately, but just no one from TLS

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:24 am

thecilent wrote:I lold at the meme for real.

Also, it's probably really possible that there have been JR1s lately, but just no one from TLS
I don't think it's that probable.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sarcasticswede

New

Post by sarcasticswede » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:02 am

yeah i find that highly unlikely as well, enough people have good enough numbers and staggered application submission dates that if there were JR1s today, someone would have gotten one.

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:04 am

jdstl wrote:It's looking like my Y and H apps are going to be under review at the same time. Which is truly nerve destroying, I was hoping to get one decision over with before the other went over review.
aww you poor thing

jdstl

Bronze

Post by jdstl » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:44 am

Has anyone else gone under review according to the status checker but not received an under review e-mail? Is that standard?

The Real Jack McCoy

Bronze

Post by The Real Jack McCoy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:48 am

jdstl wrote:Has anyone else gone under review according to the status checker but not received an under review e-mail? Is that standard?
Yes, I'm under review but with no email.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MM326

Bronze

Post by MM326 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:37 pm

The Real Jack McCoy wrote:
jdstl wrote:Has anyone else gone under review according to the status checker but not received an under review e-mail? Is that standard?
Just checked today for the first time in two or three days, and I'm under review as well with no email.

If we were to get a JR1 invite then would it be sent towards the end of next week?

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:17 pm

MM326 wrote:
Just checked today for the first time in two or three days, and I'm under review as well with no email.

If we were to get a JR1 invite then would it be sent towards the end of next week?
so far those who have received JR1s have mostly been UR for a week at most (depending on the day of the week you go complete). It is also worth mentioning that someone posted earlier that one of those who review the applications hasn't been able to access her stack of apps for a bit because her computer crashed, so it is possible it will take longer than a week for some people...

The Real Jack McCoy

Bronze

Post by The Real Jack McCoy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:29 pm

MM326 wrote:

That is the soonest and seems to be most likely time at this point of the cycle, but not getting one next week isn't the end of the world I don't think (based on past history). We don't really know.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:30 pm

MM326 wrote:

That is the soonest and seems to be most likely time at this point of the cycle, but not getting one next week isn't the end of the world I don't think (based on past history). We don't really know.
It starts to be very bad if you don't get one within a couple weeks. Your odds seem to deline exponentially looking at past cycles.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”