Tennessee 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ZachOda

Bronze

Re: Tennessee 2011

Post by ZachOda » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:13 pm

I might look into it... You'll be the first I invite

zrcm18

New

Post by zrcm18 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:12 am

my status checker just updated to today's date....changed from review on 11/5 ......hopefully its a good sign!!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:22 am

zrcm18 wrote:my status checker just updated to today's date....changed from review on 11/5 ......hopefully its a good sign!!
Thats what happened right before I got accepted :)

Thunder Jones

Bronze

Post by Thunder Jones » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Barbie wrote:
zrcm18 wrote:my status checker just updated to today's date....changed from review on 11/5 ......hopefully its a good sign!!
Thats what happened right before I got accepted :)
Yeah. I'd polish your dancing shoes.

bergg007

Bronze

Post by bergg007 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm

they just sent me a letter asking me to clarify why i want to go to Tennessee because i'm an out of state candidate, what it that about? Is it like tell us why you like us before we admit we like you? or are they just buttering me up

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:45 pm

bergg007 wrote:they just sent me a letter asking me to clarify why i want to go to Tennessee because i'm an out of state candidate, what it that about? Is it like tell us why you like us before we admit we like you? or are they just buttering me up
strange
--its because your LSAT is so high. Theyre trying to figure out if they should YP you.

bergg007

Bronze

Post by bergg007 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:48 pm

Barbie wrote:
bergg007 wrote:they just sent me a letter asking me to clarify why i want to go to Tennessee because i'm an out of state candidate, what it that about? Is it like tell us why you like us before we admit we like you? or are they just buttering me up
strange
--its because your LSAT is so high. Theyre trying to figure out if they should YP you.
YP?

They sent me a personalized letter asking me to apply a few weeks ago that's what's so weird tome. now they're like, why appy?

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:49 pm

bergg007 wrote:
Barbie wrote:
strange
YP?

They sent me a personalized letter asking me to apply a few weeks ago that's what's so weird tome. now they're like, why appy?
yield protect-- they don't want to accept you knowing that you will get into and attend a higher ranked school. If you really want Tennessee, write the letter. If not, then screw it I guess.

jwaters

Bronze

Post by jwaters » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:51 pm

Just got the call notifying me my acceptance letter was being mailed. Went complete about a week ago.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

zrcm18

New

Post by zrcm18 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:08 pm

i havent gotten a call yet, but i checked the application status again, and under the "Mailings" box there are two blanks with the dates 11/23 and 11/30 on them....so i'm guessing they are planning on mailing me something then haha??

WhydidntItry

New

Post by WhydidntItry » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:19 pm

been "review" since 10/6.... i wish they would just ding or waitlist me already.

Beastinthecourtroom

New

Post by Beastinthecourtroom » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:00 pm

WhydidntItry wrote:been "review" since 10/6.... i wish they would just ding or waitlist me already.
God I can relate to this, I've also been in review since 10/7.

bergg007

Bronze

Post by bergg007 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:06 pm

Sent in my second "Why Tennessee" I hope they are fast, I think they will admit me and I really like the school but i just hope that they are fast, I can't stand this waiting.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

zrcm18

New

Post by zrcm18 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:09 pm

just got in the call! I'm in!!

applicant135

New

Post by applicant135 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:53 pm

zrcm18 wrote:just got in the call! I'm in!!

+1

congrats and am looking foward to visiting!

kaimccau

New

Post by kaimccau » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Okay... so I got my letter last week. Did anyone who was accepted get any mailings besides that initial acceptance? I'm just sorta wondering when they're going to send me some relevant information. Scholarship stuff doesn't come until around January, right?

TreeHugger20

New

Post by TreeHugger20 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:09 am

kaimccau wrote:Okay... so I got my letter last week. Did anyone who was accepted get any mailings besides that initial acceptance? I'm just sorta wondering when they're going to send me some relevant information. Scholarship stuff doesn't come until around January, right?
I just got that tiny little envelope with one page in it telling me I'm in... and I'm really glad I already knew that I was accepted, because otherwise I really would have thought it was a rejection.

Nothing since then.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:10 am

TreeHugger20 wrote:
kaimccau wrote:Okay... so I got my letter last week. Did anyone who was accepted get any mailings besides that initial acceptance? I'm just sorta wondering when they're going to send me some relevant information. Scholarship stuff doesn't come until around January, right?
I just got that tiny little envelope with one page in it telling me I'm in... and I'm really glad I already knew that I was accepted, because otherwise I really would have thought it was a rejection.

Nothing since then.
I;ve gotten some random mailings since my acceptance letter. One was from a professor I think (I'm not at home and can't check) but nothing mentioning scholarships like I had hoped.

PS- When is someone going to make the facebook group :) :)

jwaters

Bronze

Post by jwaters » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:02 am

Has anyone heard or know anything about the research assistant program UT has? I remember reading somewhere that it pays full tuition plus a stipend, but that's all I know about it.

Thunder Jones

Bronze

Post by Thunder Jones » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:20 pm

Barbie wrote:
TreeHugger20 wrote:

Nothing since then.
I;ve gotten some random mailings since my acceptance letter. One was from a professor I think (I'm not at home and can't check) but nothing mentioning scholarships like I had hoped.

Have they sent out the accepted student's website password yet? Does anyone know when they sent out financial awards last year?

kaimccau

New

Post by kaimccau » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:29 pm

Thunder Jones wrote:
Barbie wrote:
TreeHugger20 wrote:

Nothing since then.

Have they sent out the accepted student's website password yet? Does anyone know when they sent out financial awards last year?

I haven't received any letters with actual information. So as far as I know, they haven't. I'd like to see what's on that website so I keep hoping it'll come soon.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ZachOda

Bronze

Post by ZachOda » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 am

Same

VERY interested in seeing the scholarship info as well

bergg007

Bronze

Post by bergg007 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:26 pm

What're job prospects like for tennessee? My wife and I have been looking at a ton of schools and Knoxville seems like a sweet place to live, Low COA and COL, really good schools, and we like small towmns, and knoxville is pretty small, (she's from Dallas and I'm from CA so most things are small to us). But I don't know anything about in town/state job prospects I've received their job listing thing but it's not terribly helpful, can anyone fill me in?

P.S. I'm not set on Big or small law either seems fine. and My wife and i have both lives in small towns,(less than 5,000 people so knoxville will be fine with its pop. 173000, it's small but big enough.

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:53 pm

Been in review since 9/20 :oops:

jwaters

Bronze

Post by jwaters » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:55 pm

bergg007 wrote:What're job prospects like for tennessee? My wife and I have been looking at a ton of schools and Knoxville seems like a sweet place to live, Low COA and COL, really good schools, and we like small towmns, and knoxville is pretty small, (she's from Dallas and I'm from CA so most things are small to us). But I don't know anything about in town/state job prospects I've received their job listing thing but it's not terribly helpful, can anyone fill me in?

P.S. I'm not set on Big or small law either seems fine. and My wife and i have both lives in small towns,(less than 5,000 people so knoxville will be fine with its pop. 173000, it's small but big enough.
I am not a student at UT, but I have lived here my entire life and spoken to many grads. Don't go to Tennessee unless you plan on staying there for a long time. However, if you do plan on staying and don't want Biglaw, UT is a good school to go to. It is 2nd in the state only to Vanderbilt, and many Vandy grads have no intentions of staying in Tenn. It has a strong alumni base, and grads get jobs in Knoxville, Chattanooga, Memphis, and of course Nashville. Tuition is also very cheap, even for OOS.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”