Tennessee 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Tennessee 2011

Postby charlesxavier » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:31 pm

Anyone else out there? I applied 9/1 and got an acceptance call 9/15. Pretty set on Tennessee unless I get into one of my reaches and then I will have a decision to make. I have driven through Knoxville but I have never really checked it out. My wife and I are heading up in 2 weeks. It's definitely important for me to check it out before I make a decision. During the summer I was pretty set on going to Cincy if I got in, but after a trip up there I changed my mind. I really hope I get a good vibe from the school and Knoxville in general.

mysoftsrock
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby mysoftsrock » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:03 pm

I also got an acceptance call 9/15, they wasted very little time, wish more schools were this quick...

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Barbie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:33 pm

You guys are already in?? Crazy! I'm applying next week. Number share?? :D

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby charlesxavier » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:06 pm

Barbie wrote:You guys are already in?? Crazy! I'm applying next week. Number share?? :D

161 and 3.7.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Barbie » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:10 pm

charlesxavier wrote:
Barbie wrote:You guys are already in?? Crazy! I'm applying next week. Number share?? :D

161 and 3.7.



Thanks!! I am hoping for a simiarly quick response :) Does scholly offers come with the acceptance?

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby charlesxavier » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:15 am

Barbie wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:
Barbie wrote:You guys are already in?? Crazy! I'm applying next week. Number share?? :D

161 and 3.7.



Thanks!! I am hoping for a simiarly quick response :) Does scholly offers come with the acceptance?


The lady that called didn't mention anything and when I asked her several questions she kept saying "it's very early" or "you have plenty of time". So, I don't think it will be coming soon. I haven't received the acceptance letter yet, she said she was mailing it out on Wednesday. I expect to get that in the mail today. But, according to a few profiles on LSN the scholarship letters seemed to come after a few months.

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby CmonSD » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:49 am

Just applied! Congrats to those who have been accepted already!

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Barbie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:29 pm

charlesxavier wrote:
Barbie wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:
Barbie wrote:You guys are already in?? Crazy! I'm applying next week. Number share?? :D

161 and 3.7.



Thanks!! I am hoping for a simiarly quick response :) Does scholly offers come with the acceptance?


The lady that called didn't mention anything and when I asked her several questions she kept saying "it's very early" or "you have plenty of time". So, I don't think it will be coming soon. I haven't received the acceptance letter yet, she said she was mailing it out on Wednesday. I expect to get that in the mail today. But, according to a few profiles on LSN the scholarship letters seemed to come after a few months.


oh okay, thanks! I'm kind of a splitter for Tennessee, does anyone know how they feel about us?

User avatar
Rik Smits
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Rik Smits » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:31 pm

Once I get my LSAT score (October exam), I'll apply. TN is my home state.

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby charlesxavier » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:46 pm

Barbie wrote:oh okay, thanks! I'm kind of a splitter for Tennessee, does anyone know how they feel about us?

It appears (at least according to LSN) that as long as your LSAT hits their 75% you are pretty much in if your gpa is over a 3.0.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Barbie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:52 pm

charlesxavier wrote:
Barbie wrote:oh okay, thanks! I'm kind of a splitter for Tennessee, does anyone know how they feel about us?

It appears (at least according to LSN) that as long as your LSAT hits their 75% you are pretty much in if your gpa is over a 3.0.


Nice! I remember it was 162, right? Has it gone up? I'm just now finding out about all the new 75th percentiles and it's breaking my little heart </3 haha.

mysoftsrock
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby mysoftsrock » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:28 pm

Barbie, I am in with ~3.3 and a 163, I am not sure if that is a "splitter" in the sense that you are asking but I think from another thread our numbers are around the same. I am excited about Tennessee, and as I said higher up I wish that more schools got information out this quickly.

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby charlesxavier » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:43 pm

Barbie wrote:
Nice! I remember it was 162, right? Has it gone up? I'm just now finding out about all the new 75th percentiles and it's breaking my little heart </3 haha.

I am pretty sure it's 162. I have seen 161 and 162 in different places on their website.

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby CmonSD » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:48 pm

To those who already applied: Does the status check go straight from incomplete to Review?

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby charlesxavier » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:59 pm

CmonSD wrote:To those who already applied: Does the status check go straight from incomplete to Review?

I didn't get my status checker information until after my application was already complete. So, I'm not sure.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Barbie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Application Submitted :)

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby CmonSD » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Barbie wrote:Application Submitted :)


Good luck!

User avatar
jwaters
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby jwaters » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:50 am

Sending in my app for UT after I take the Oct test.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Barbie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:15 pm

I've been under review for 3 days :) getting antsy!

MichaelB123
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:04 am

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby MichaelB123 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Barbie wrote:I've been under review for 3 days :) getting antsy!


Who wants to make a bet with me that Barbie doesn't get accepted?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Barbie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:03 pm

MichaelB123 wrote:
Barbie wrote:I've been under review for 3 days :) getting antsy!


Who wants to make a bet with me that Barbie doesn't get accepted?


Ummm????? What is that about??

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7957
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Pleasye » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:07 pm

MichaelB123 wrote:
Barbie wrote:I've been under review for 3 days :) getting antsy!


Who wants to make a bet with me that Barbie doesn't get accepted?


STFU and GTFO thanks.

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby acrossthelake » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:51 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
MichaelB123 wrote:
Barbie wrote:I've been under review for 3 days :) getting antsy!


Who wants to make a bet with me that Barbie doesn't get accepted?


Who wants to bet that you will learn to not be an asshole in the next 24 hours?

We'll find out then.


<333333333333

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18402
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby bk1 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Nightrunner wrote:Who wants to bet that you will learn to not be an asshole in the next 24 hours?

We'll find out then.


I've got fifty bucks on no.

WhydidntItry
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 5:19 am

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby WhydidntItry » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:49 am

I submitted my app 9/28 and they already sent me my information for the status tracker and everything.... but they haven't requested my report from lsac? Anyone else run into this where they took extra days requesting the report but had already sent you status checker info? This is the top school I want, and it is a bit of a reach, but I just hate seeing the Incomplete when I goto the status checker.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, Cognitiveproblem, MSNbot Media, Nobiggie, xholdman and 19 guests