NYU 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hellome

Bronze

Re: NYU 2011

Post by hellome » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:21 am

dulcatis wrote:
eskimo wrote:
hellome wrote:so would today be the right day to obsessively check my status? :cry:
nah, no day every day is the right day for that.
FTFY

Though I think they only update once a day. Or at least, most of the other ones seem to only be once a day.

I checked at midnight.
not sure if there's a rule for this
you're def right about mich though...
:sigh: who knows?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:22 am

If people post on TLS that they have updated, then I'll look. But before then I don't really see the point. Status checkers make me unnecessarily anxious.

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:24 am

hellome wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
eskimo wrote:
hellome wrote:so would today be the right day to obsessively check my status? :cry:
FTFY

Though I think they only update once a day. Or at least, most of the other ones seem to only be once a day.

I checked at midnight.
I'm also trying to convince myself so I don't spend half of my life checking... :)

absolutazn87

Silver

Post by absolutazn87 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:25 am

hellome wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
eskimo wrote:
FTFY

I checked at midnight.
At least Michigan's only updates in the mornings. Other status checkers can update at any time of day :(

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:28 am

eskimo wrote:If people post on TLS that they have updated, then I'll look. But before then I don't really see the point. Status checkers make me unnecessarily anxious.
Screw status checkers for anxiety... at this point, my life is consumed with walking around campus muttering numbers while trying to convince myself that it might be a good idea to take out 130k-140+ in debt for a law school. I might literally go insane when I sign my first law school promissory note.

Checking status checkers is what i do to relax.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:34 am

tkgrrett wrote:
eskimo wrote:If people post on TLS that they have updated, then I'll look. But before then I don't really see the point. Status checkers make me unnecessarily anxious.
Screw status checkers for anxiety... at this point, my life is consumed with walking around campus muttering numbers while trying to convince myself that it might be a good idea to take out 130k-140+ in debt for a law school. I might literally go insane when I sign my first law school promissory note.

In all fairness, you know you are getting in everywhere you applied, so it's not quite the same as the rest of us.

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:35 am

CastleRock wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:

In all fairness, you know you are getting in everywhere you applied, so it's not quite the same as the rest of us.
+1

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:57 am

starrydreamz3 wrote: It baffles me how people could leave this city. Here's hoping we both get to make the decision between the Upper West Side and the Village!
CHEERS!

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:20 am

bistduverrueckt wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Dear NYU Law Adcom reading this thread:

I love NYC and I love NYU! Please let me keep giving money to you <3 I promise not to punch any hobos or hipsters during my time at NYU Law.

Sincerely,

Dulc
and absolutazn87 :D
NYU undergrads? How many of us are on this forum anyway?
...It's a big school. :D

~NYU Alumna and native Midwesterner (Ind.).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

peter618

New

Post by peter618 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:30 am

I'm stuck at "Application being processed" as of 11/2. Submitted 11/2. Anyone else having this problem?

OrdinarilySkilled

Bronze

Post by OrdinarilySkilled » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:54 am

I'm UR but most likely a WLer. Do waitlisted people not hear anything until April, or is there a held sorta thing?

pulandasu

Bronze

Post by pulandasu » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:00 am

Anybody care to take a visit during their office hours today and socialize the person at the reception desk into giving us a "hint" as when the first batch is coming out?

In the past I visited (x3), I never made it past the reception desk on the first floor. Did anyone make it up to the actual admissions office and chat with admissions people?

tipler4213

Silver

Post by tipler4213 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:34 am

eliekedourie wrote:Neither of these two camps make any sense. I'm a native of Brooklyn and current resident of Brooklyn and while it's great in NY, it's also just another city. Many residents are great and many residents are shitty. The only reason I can think of someone NEEDING to live in NY is if they're gay and from a shitty small town where they lacked any sort of meaningful community. Otherwise...ease back on the throttle. It's just a place to live. That said, those who think city residents are "insufferable" sound spectacularly ignorant.
Brooklyn represent! What part? I'm in PLG.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nyankees51

New

Post by nyankees51 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 am

OrdinarilySkilled wrote:I'm UR but most likely a WLer. Do waitlisted people not hear anything until April, or is there a held sorta thing?
I'm in the same boat. I'm UR but most likely WL. From what I've read if you applied ED, they will tell you that they are holding your application for further review in the spring but I could be wrong.

bleedblue

Bronze

Post by bleedblue » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:32 am

pulandasu

Bronze

Post by pulandasu » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:33 am

bleedblue wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/stormn

Flame?
Could be legit... his progress on other schools (duke+H) sounds viable.

NYC_7911

Bronze

Post by NYC_7911 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 am

pulandasu wrote:

Flame?
Yeah, agree. His list doesn't look ridiculous (e.g., he applied to Fordham as safety b/c he lives in NY, etc.) Accept date for H is the same as others. Does seem odd that (s)he'd be the only one reporting...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:45 am

NYC_7911 wrote:
pulandasu wrote:

Flame?
Yeah, agree. His list doesn't look ridiculous (e.g., he applied to Fordham as safety b/c he lives in NY, etc.) Accept date for H is the same as others. Does seem odd that (s)he'd be the only one reporting...
This is driving me crazy. HOW DOES STORMN KNOW ALREADY.

pulandasu

Bronze

Post by pulandasu » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:47 am

NYC_7911 wrote:
pulandasu wrote:

Flame?
Maybe
1) he strolled through the admissions office and they decided to tell him in person.
2) they want him (his stats look good), they called him yesterday
3) he figured out his log-in id and password to admitted students' site
4) I am not that creative...

jd2014!

Bronze

Post by jd2014! » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:48 am

kazu wrote:
NYC_7911 wrote:
pulandasu wrote:

Flame?
This is driving me crazy. HOW DOES STORMN KNOW ALREADY.

Could be a mistake? Maybe (s)he went complete or UR and meant to put the date under another column? This person has no idea they are now the center of TLS speculation/obsession for the morning... anyone else think maybe this is a sign we are losing it?

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:48 am

pulandasu wrote:Maybe
1) he strolled through the admissions office and they decided to tell him in person.
2) they want him (his stats look good), they called him yesterday
3) he figured out his log-in id and password to admitted students' site
4) I am not that creative...
Link to admitted student's site please?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NYC_7911

Bronze

Post by NYC_7911 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:52 am

jd2014! wrote:
Could be a mistake? Maybe (s)he went complete or UR and meant to put the date under another column? This person has no idea they are now the center of TLS speculation/obsession for the morning... anyone else think maybe this is a sign we are losing it have completely lost it?
YES. :shock:

absolutazn87

Silver

Post by absolutazn87 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:11 pm

kazu wrote: Link to admitted student's site please?
https://its.law.nyu.edu/admitted/login/ ... 713dd4f1TR

Though, the link is still missing from the NYU website, so it might be still using last year's information.

jd2014!

Bronze

Post by jd2014! » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:18 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
kazu wrote: Link to admitted student's site please?
https://its.law.nyu.edu/admitted/login/ ... 713dd4f1TR

Though, the link is still missing from the NYU website, so it might be still using last year's information.
I doubt this is going to be a good "back door" way to find out, at leats not early in the cycle. It isn't posted, and I don't think it's using last year's info anymore either (I can't log on and was accepted last year). Seems to be a broken/useless link for the moment. I'd love to know if anyone has success with it, though. My guess is it'll be at least a few weeks before they get the Admitted Students up and running. Oh speculation.... (returns to obsessive status-checkering).

Magnifique1908

Silver

Post by Magnifique1908 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:27 pm

Maybe he's already an NYU student and campus mail was delivered faster? He's also in NYC so he was destined to find out faster anyway. That means as mail starts to roll in today, there has to be at least one TLS person in our small sample community who will hear and validate our fears :lol:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”