Columbia 2011! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
7ED

Bronze

Re: Columbia 2011!

Post by 7ED » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:49 pm

don't, don't wish for a hold! How do u know the holds arn't the ones pushed till April? O.o

Please, please, let us in!

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:51 pm

7ED wrote:don't, don't wish for a hold! How do u know the holds arn't the ones pushed till April? O.o

Who's wishing for a hold? I don't want a fucking hold. Holds suck. I hate HLS for holding me.

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:56 pm

CastleRock wrote:
7ED wrote:don't, don't wish for a hold! How do u know the holds arn't the ones pushed till April? O.o

Who's wishing for a hold? I don't want a fucking hold. Holds suck. I hate HLS for holding me.
Your dog looks really depressed.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:56 pm

I wasn't WISHING for one. Just saying it makes more sense than leaving us hanging. I definitely don't want one though.

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:56 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
CastleRock wrote:

Your dog looks really depressed. Have you been venting about law schools to your dog?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:57 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
CastleRock wrote:

she knows I havent got into cls or hls.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:57 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
CastleRock wrote:

Your dog looks really depressed. Have you been venting about law schools to your dog?
QF beating me to the punchline.

WhatSarahSaid

Bronze

Post by WhatSarahSaid » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:57 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
CastleRock wrote:

Nah, his dog ordered a bone from Cornell and is waiting for the order to go complete.

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:58 pm

CastleRock wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
CastleRock wrote:

she knows I havent got into cls or hls.
so are you certain about going to the states now or is Canada still an option for you?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:00 pm

CosmoLaw wrote: so are you certain about going to the states now or is Canada still an option for you?
I don't have any plans for certain.

7ED

Bronze

Post by 7ED » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:50 am

I am loathe to go to a Canadian law school when I've invested so much into this. But since I will probably have to reapply next year anyways if I don't get into Columbia, I will just add in U of T for safety. Plus... They only charge 27k a year.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:51 am

CastleRock wrote:I feel like they're just ignoring my existence.
I'm 99% certain that they ran out of toilet paper and your file just happened to be the nearest at the time. Sorry bro.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:27 am

Knock wrote:
CastleRock wrote:I feel like they're just ignoring my existence.
I'm 99% certain that they ran out of toilet paper and your file just happened to be the nearest at the time. Sorry bro.
Things could be worse.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:28 pm

I now firmly and confidently believe that I am a hold that just wasn't sent an email.

edit: or reserve.

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:42 pm

7ED wrote:I am loathe to go to a Canadian law school when I've invested so much into this. But since I will probably have to reapply next year anyways if I don't get into Columbia, I will just add in U of T for safety. Plus... They only charge 27k a year.

Haha, I know, I feel the same but I figured that 1000 in the long run isn't that much, plus I would be basically delaying employment for another year, and lose another year before I retire (working as a lawyer that is). So I just want to start. Plus, going to U of T isn't the end of the hope for U.S. If you're really good, a lot of Canadians go to NY and are actually allowed to take the Bar Exam, unlike Canada's protectionist impediments. Haha, I guess I'm rationalizing opting for U of T now.

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:46 pm

Lots of decisions coming out today! Everyone hold on to your hats!

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:49 pm

vertex wrote:Lots of decisions coming out today! Everyone hold on to your hats!
I can't believe no one has called you out for how annoying this is.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:53 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
7ED wrote:I am loathe to go to a Canadian law school when I've invested so much into this. But since I will probably have to reapply next year anyways if I don't get into Columbia, I will just add in U of T for safety. Plus... They only charge 27k a year.

Haha, I know, I feel the same but I figured that 1000 in the long run isn't that much, plus I would be basically delaying employment for another year, and lose another year before I retire (working as a lawyer that is). So I just want to start. Plus, going to U of T isn't the end of the hope for U.S. If you're really good, a lot of Canadians go to NY and are actually allowed to take the Bar Exam, unlike Canada's protectionist impediments. Haha, I guess I'm rationalizing opting for U of T now.
Not entirely true. But no point in going into details.

ebeth

Bronze

Post by ebeth » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:58 pm

thecilent wrote:
I think it's funny.

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:00 pm

CastleRock wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:

:|

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:07 pm

thecilent wrote:
Be nice or gtfo. :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:10 pm

piccolittle wrote:
thecilent wrote:
Aww some reverse w-knighting. How cute. You gtfo.

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:10 pm

thecilent wrote:
piccolittle wrote:
thecilent wrote:
Aww some reverse w-knighting. How cute. You gtfo.
Dude, just go away.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:10 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:

:|
Number of people who actually get big law from U of T is very minimal. Also, you can only write the bar in New York, Massachusetts, and California (if you have previously been called to the bar in another state). Coming back to Canada from the US really isn't any more cumbersome than going the other way, in fact, on might argue its less cumbersome because once pass the NCA accreditation process in Canada you can practice law anywhere in Canada.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:12 pm

vertex wrote:
Dude, just go away.
Lol Why bc I called you out on being annoying? And there is more of a point for me being in this thread than you. So don't tell me to go away

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”