Columbia 2011! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Hey-O

Silver

Re: Columbia 2011!

Post by Hey-O » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Hey,

I just made a post about housing. If one has anybody else has any thoughts about housing options I'd love to hear them.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=147465

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:16 pm

glitched wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:All things being equal glitched, say you get into Columbia. NYU vs. Chicago v. Columbia...who wins?
no idea. lol most likely columbia cause of the descriptions i've read so far. but i'd just have to visit and see.

Edit: Will today be the day? lol Also anotherrr little beacon of hope. CR got a email on 2/11, maybe some decisions were sent out then too considering some were sent out on 2/7 when someone got her 2/7 email.
The waiting doesn't even phase me anymore LOL. Like I've reached a point where it is what it is. I will say this though. Looking at all the externship opportunities through Columbia make it more enticing to me than UChi even if the teaching at Chi may be better (supposedly). If only I could merge the two.

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:28 pm

Verisimi wrote:Glitched, why are you posting at 3am and then 9am on a Saturday? :lol:

For everybody still waiting, there is one positive - at least you guys aren't taking the February LSAT right now.
haha just checking the mail. and then picking up my car. just your normal friday night/saturday morning wheres my car routine.

NO NEWS TODAY. MAYBE MONDAY HMMM.
Non-Chalant1 wrote: The waiting doesn't even phase me anymore LOL. Like I've reached a point where it is what it is. I will say this though. Looking at all the externship opportunities through Columbia make it more enticing to me than UChi even if the teaching at Chi may be better (supposedly). If only I could merge the two.
yeah... i'm just curious now. but i'm sure we will know SOMETHING in the next few days. i have a feeling a hold/reserve batch will be out soon and then a few of the forgotten will get letters. and then the holds will start getting in and all hell will break lose.

all in this week. and you can quote me on that.

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:56 pm

Is there an 'In at Columbia 2011' thread? I'm looking and I used the search feature and I can't find it.

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey-O wrote:Is there an 'In at Columbia 2011' thread? I'm looking and I used the search feature and I can't find it.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8&t=139512 It's a CLS 2014 thread, but I don't think everyone there is committed to CLS yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:19 pm

chasgoose wrote:
Hey-O wrote:Is there an 'In at Columbia 2011' thread? I'm looking and I used the search feature and I can't find it.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8&t=139512 It's a CLS 2014 thread, but I don't think everyone there is committed to CLS yet.
Thanks!

lucylove

New

Post by lucylove » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:02 am

Got the ding today, kinda outta the blue since my checker still says complete :(

ashleyryan

New

Post by ashleyryan » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:17 am

lucylove wrote:Got the ding today, kinda outta the blue since my checker still says complete :(
:( i'm sorry!

akikaze

New

Post by akikaze » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:10 am

lucylove wrote:Got the ding today, kinda outta the blue since my checker still says complete :(
Sorry -- on a Saturday too =/. Were you forgotten or held? If the latter, I'm scared...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dytelb

New

Post by dytelb » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:30 am

hi all,
sorry if this has already been answered, but if sending a loci after a hold, should i send it in the body of an email or as a word or pdf attachment? thanks alot!

miracle2011

Bronze

Post by miracle2011 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:21 am

What was the post mark date on the letter/are you in New England?

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:29 am

akikaze wrote:
Sorry -- on a Saturday too =/. Were you forgotten or held? If the latter, I'm scared...
People are so insensitive here. They give the generic "sorry." And then starting asking you stats, dates, etc. At least wait a day. For the record though, I'm pretty sure lucy was part of our "forgotten" clique.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:28 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
akikaze wrote:
People are so insensitive here. They give the generic "sorry." And then starting asking you stats, dates, etc. At least wait a day. For the record though, I'm pretty sure lucy was part of our "forgotten" clique.
Lol oh please

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:06 pm

thecilent wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
akikaze wrote:
Lol oh please
Something funny?

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:43 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
thecilent wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
akikaze wrote:
Lol oh please
Something funny?
--ImageRemoved--

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:57 pm

I respect the imagery of your post my friend. But my question wasn't a serious one...as in there was nothing funny about what I said.

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:07 pm

dytelb wrote:hi all,
sorry if this has already been answered, but if sending a loci after a hold, should i send it in the body of an email or as a word or pdf attachment? thanks alot!
Ask the law school what they prefer. All the loci's I've sent have been as word attachments, but they might have a different preference.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Does Columbia's status checker ever change? I was under the impression that once it updated to complete, that was it. But based on Lucy's post now I'm thinking that it might?

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:26 pm

subtle wrote:Does Columbia's status checker ever change? I was under the impression that once it updated to complete, that was it. But based on Lucy's post now I'm thinking that it might?
It doesn't change.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:31 pm

neonx wrote:
subtle wrote:Does Columbia's status checker ever change? I was under the impression that once it updated to complete, that was it. But based on Lucy's post now I'm thinking that it might?
It doesn't change.
OK. That's what I thought.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:38 pm

I've resolved to call tomorrow before finalizing my travel plans. Hopefully, I'll be checking in in 24 hours with great news about how every forgotten gets an acceptance and a pony. (If anybody wants an extra pony, they can have mine.)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lem37

Bronze

Post by Lem37 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:35 pm

incompetentia wrote:I've resolved to call tomorrow before finalizing my travel plans. Hopefully, I'll be checking in in 24 hours with great news about how every forgotten gets an acceptance and a pony. (If anybody wants an extra pony, they can have mine.)
FYI, the people who you plan to call can't legally give you your decision over the phone, and likewise probably can't give you a timeline.

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Lem37 wrote:
incompetentia wrote:I've resolved to call tomorrow before finalizing my travel plans. Hopefully, I'll be checking in in 24 hours with great news about how every forgotten gets an acceptance and a pony. (If anybody wants an extra pony, they can have mine.)
FYI, the people who you plan to call can't legally give you your decision over the phone, and likewise probably can't give you a timeline.
I don't know if this is true. I got my decision from Stanford over the phone (I called them and it wasn't an acceptance), because they'd mailed my letter to the wrong address.

Lem37

Bronze

Post by Lem37 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:42 pm

Hey-O wrote:
Lem37 wrote:
I don't know if this is true. I got my decision from Stanford over the phone (I called them and it wasn't an acceptance), because they'd mailed my letter to the wrong address.
Regardless, that seems like extremely exceptional circumstances - rather than "legally," what I meant to say is that most law schools, including Columbia, have a policy whereby the Admissions/Registrar can't release decisions over the phone (barring, of course, the congratulatory calls that come from Penn, etc.).

My advice: sit tight. Relax. Don't make travel plans - "Mondays" and ASW aren't for a few weeks anyway, so there's no need to finalize arrangements yet. The reason why CLS has two ASWs is so that the people they accept in their later waves can come to the second one in April.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Lem37 wrote:
Hey-O wrote:
Lem37 wrote:
Regardless, that seems like extremely exceptional circumstances - rather than "legally," what I meant to say is that most law schools, including Columbia, have a policy whereby the Admissions/Registrar can't release decisions over the phone (barring, of course, the congratulatory calls that come from Penn, etc.).

My advice: sit tight. Relax. Don't make travel plans - "Mondays" and ASW aren't for a few weeks anyway, so there's no need to finalize arrangements yet. The reason why CLS has two ASWs is so that the people they accept in their later waves can come to the second one in April.
Which is fine except that the longer you wait on plane tickets, the more they go up. And some people have scheduling issues/other reasons for wanting to do their visits at a certain time. I'm not saying the adcomms need to cater to our traveling needs, just that there are legitimate reasons other than impatience that people want an answer soon.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”