IU Bloomington Class of 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mpeterson4

New

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Post by Mpeterson4 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:02 pm

nsideirish wrote:
iambeautiful wrote:Thanks alot :) I called this morning and they said decisions won't be coming out for the next two weeks for those that applied in september. Also, they said they havt sent any decisions yet so I'm a tad bit confuse about that guy on Lsn who claimed he got accepted on 12/03.

I have to choose between them and Wake and honestly despite the ranking difference, Wake is looking more appealing by the minute. My theory is that maybe, just maybe they are not getting enough applicants compared to last year when thier decisions went out much earlier. I could be ver wrong though.
Maybe he was accepted last year and deferred to this year? No clue though as I am too lazy to go look into it.
I think the person in question entered his info for the wrong IU on LSN

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:12 pm

..So on Sept. 20th I got an email letting me know my application was complete and I'd have a decision in 8-10 weeks. Today (13 weeks later) I got another email letting me know once again that my application is complete and that I would have a decision in 6-8 weeks.. :cry:

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:16 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:..So on Sept. 20th I got an email letting me know my application was complete and I'd have a decision in 8-10 weeks. Today (13 weeks later) I got another email letting me know once again that my application is complete and that I would have a decision in 6-8 weeks.. :cry:
Damn, what the heck is going on in their office that this is taking so long?? I got an email around Nov. 8 saying 6-8 weeks, this week is week 7 for me. I'm not expecting anything before the New Year. *sigh*

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:25 pm

~1 week after applying email today saying 8-10 weeks after going complete I should expect a decision. Good to know everyone is in the same waiting boat :|

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Sandro777 wrote:~1 week after applying email today saying 8-10 weeks after going complete I should expect a decision. Good to know everyone is in the same waiting boat :|
Same here!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rli66

Bronze

Post by rli66 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:08 pm

Just got an e-mail that says they received it today after applying on the 14th. Also waiting 8-10 weeks.. blah.....

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/dc496

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:21 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:..So on Sept. 20th I got an email letting me know my application was complete and I'd have a decision in 8-10 weeks. Today (13 weeks later) I got another email letting me know once again that my application is complete and that I would have a decision in 6-8 weeks.. :cry:
Hmm... Go back and read the first email again.

I applied in late September with a complete application (all LORs, transcripts, LSAT score, etc.). On October 4, I received the following e-mail:

Subject: Indiana Law - Application Received

Your application for admission has been received and your LSDAS report has been requested. We
will contact you again if materials are missing or we need additional information. Once
completed
your application will take 8 to 10 weeks to process and you will be contacted with a
decision at that time. If you have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Thank you,

Kelly M. Compton
Director of Admissions Operations

Then, on November 8 (6 weeks ago), I received another e-mail...

Subject: Indiana Law - Application Complete

Your application for admission is now complete. Your application will take 6 to 8 weeks to process and you will be contacted with a decision at that time. If you have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Thank you,

Kelly M. Compton
Director of Admissions Operations

Considering my 2 week window of receiving decisions falls when most school offices are closed, I'm curious as to when I'll actually hear. :D

iambeautiful

Bronze

Post by iambeautiful » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Man they really slacking over there. We need to send a mass email telling them how disgruntled we are at their slow process. I really loved IU, it was my first choice untill now. I've heard from t14 already.

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:55 pm

Lwoods - you're right.. guess I just quickly skimmed the email back in September and missed that part

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:24 pm

I think I forgot to post this on here, but I had a phone conversation with one of the deans because he is good friends with a family friend of mine. Anyways, he said if I don't have a decision by the end of January I need to call him. I thiiiink he also said no one will be hearing until mid January ish.

justadude55

Silver

Post by justadude55 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:36 am

if u know him legit, arent you in?

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:55 am

justadude55 wrote:if u know him legit, arent you in?
I guess we'll find out, won't we.
and I don't "know him legit"-- whatever that means. A good friend of my family does.

JakeL

Bronze

Post by JakeL » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:15 pm

Barbie wrote:
and I don't "know him legit"-- whatever that means. A good friend of my family does.

He's asking you if you legitimately know the dean. Not that hard to figure out.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:20 pm

JakeL wrote:
Barbie wrote:

He's asking you if you legitimately know the dean. Not that hard to figure out.
I answered the question legitimately- did I not?

JakeL

Bronze

Post by JakeL » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:32 pm

u answered the question legit.

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:31 pm

I am thrilled to report I received my acceptance letter with a very nice handwritten note from the dean via priority mail today. No mention of scholarships, though.

justhockey31

Bronze

Post by justhockey31 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:42 pm

angiej wrote:I am thrilled to report I received my acceptance letter with a very nice handwritten note from the dean via priority mail today. No mention of scholarships, though.

Congrats! I am guessing they will send the scholarship stuff later?? Nice to hear that they have sent out letters tho...when did you send in your app?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:06 am

justhockey31 wrote:
angiej wrote:I am thrilled to report I received my acceptance letter with a very nice handwritten note from the dean via priority mail today. No mention of scholarships, though.

Congrats! I am guessing they will send the scholarship stuff later?? Nice to hear that they have sent out letters tho...when did you send in your app?
Thanks! The letter didn't say whether scholarship info will come later or not. Does anyone know offhand how and when scholarship offers are made? I applied on 9/7

justhockey31

Bronze

Post by justhockey31 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:17 am

angiej wrote:
justhockey31 wrote:

Thanks! The letter didn't say whether scholarship info will come later or not. Does anyone know offhand how and when scholarship offers are made? I applied on 9/7
What were your numbers? (if you don't mind me asking)

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:18 am

angiej wrote:
justhockey31 wrote:

Congrats! Were you RD? I thought they weren't doing decisions till Jan??? Must check mailbox!

iambeautiful

Bronze

Post by iambeautiful » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:30 am

Congrats!! I thought they said decisions won't be out for two weeks. WTF is going on over there?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:40 am

justhockey31 wrote:
angiej wrote:
justhockey31 wrote:

What were your numbers? (if you don't mind me asking)
I was a regular decision applicant. LSAT is below 25th percentile but GPA is well above. I'm a nontrad, first gen college student with a lot of extracurriculars. I def considered this school to be quite a reach. But I do have scholarship offers at lower ranked schools and even though I qualify for in-state tuition I'm really worried about debt as I hope to avoid firm jobs like the plague.

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:42 am

iambeautiful wrote:Congrats!! I thought they said decisions won't be out for two weeks. WTF is going on over there?
That's what I thought too. I wasn't expecting anything. Now I'm kicking myself for not checking my mail sooner today.

iambeautiful

Bronze

Post by iambeautiful » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:44 am

Wow well congrats you deserve it.

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:17 am

Last year they sent scholarship info with the acceptance packet and today someone has reported on LSN that they were offered a full-ride, so it looks like scholarship info is coming with acceptances again this year.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”