Is everything happening later this year? Or is this normal?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Is everything happening later this year? Or is this normal?

Postby mte84 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:59 am

I haven't ever applied to law schools before, and I plan on this being my only cycle. I knew things were going to be weird because of the economy and knowing that the number of people taking the Sept. 09 LSAT with me grew by 300% larger than the normal numbers of people sitting for the test.

However, how much do people think this plays into the fact that many schools are taking/ took longer than normal to get back to people? Especially for schools at the bottom of the T-14, things seem to have moved a lot slower in comparison to last year. Holds and Reserve designations seem to be about a month off what they were last year. Does anyone think a scramble of waitlist activity is possible late June/ early July due to the lateness of initial decisions, etc? Or do people think it is a trickle down effect of way too many applicants... and if you are on a waitlist now... your chances are extremely limited despite the lack of action at normal times of waitlist flurry. Thoughts?

Re: Is everything happening later this year? Or is this normal?

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:45 am

I don't know much about other schools, but I do know that Cornell was RIDICULOUSLY slow this year-- you should check out the letter Nightrunner finally sent them (on the Cornell 2010 thread). I mean, I applied in December and didn't get accepted (my initial decision) until mid-April. That alone was enough to push me to Northwestern.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”