Stanford WL cross-country visit

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Stanford Visit - yay or nay?

Do it
75%
Don't do it
25%

Total votes: 8

pandaexpress

Stanford WL cross-country visit

Postby pandaexpress » Mon May 03, 2010 11:41 am

Hello fellow TLSers, I was happy to learn that I got WLed at Stanford and I'm wondering if a visit might help. I'm currently in DC and want to show my interest; Stanford is unequivocally my #1 choice and I would do anything to get in. Money and time factors aside, does a visit have any marginal benefit (in addition to a sincere LOCI)? Or, does it run the risk of looking creepy?

Thoughts and comments appreciated.

pleasepickme

Re: Stanford WL cross-country visit

Postby pleasepickme » Mon May 03, 2010 11:44 am

I did, and 1) they had no way for me to register my visit, so no paper evidence that I was there and 2) they wouldn't let me speak to anyone but the admissions secretary, so again, not a lot of real pull. Useful if you wanted to find out if you would go, but if you know you would, then kinda a waste of time.

Billy Blanks

Postby Billy Blanks » Mon May 03, 2010 11:50 am

Considering the extreme distrance, it definitely runs the risk of being creepy. It doesn't need to be, however. I'm sure you could make it an informative visit which shows interest without being overbearing.

Here are some tips from Yale (which I'm sure hold across most schools): http://blogs.law.yale.edu/blogs/admissi ... alker.aspx

februaryftw

Postby februaryftw » Mon May 03, 2010 12:01 pm

Have you written the LOCI yet? If not, you might be able to discuss your visit in the LOCI (since it sounds like they don't open the doors for visiting students)--i.e., I visited Stanford to make sure it was still my #1, and yah, it still is. Take me! Or something along those lines.

pandaexpress

Postby pandaexpress » Mon May 03, 2010 12:12 pm

februaryftw wrote:Have you written the LOCI yet? If not, you might be able to discuss your visit in the LOCI (since it sounds like they don't open the doors for visiting students)--i.e., I visited Stanford to make sure it was still my #1, and yah, it still is. Take me! Or something along those lines.

I haven't written my LOCI yet. Do you think delivering it in person might help?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”