Weird cycle question

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's my weakness

international/no greencard
19%
PhD in humanities
No votes
no reportable GPA
33%
late application
37%
LSAT retake
11%

Total votes: 27

Fevsi

Weird cycle question

Postby Fevsi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:20 am

Thanks for input and for participating in the poll, everyone! OP deleted for privacy reasons.
Last edited by Fevsi on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bighead715

Re: Weird cycle question

Postby bighead715 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:33 am

perhaps something in your PS or LoR scared certain adcomms off...everything else looks good, the grad gpa makes up for a lack of undergrad gpa in my speculative opinion

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:39 am

You seem to be a pretty atypical candidate. While I think there might be a combination of things happening, I think the late application could have really hurt your cause. You are the type of applicant schools need more time to consider and may be given a spot earlier on in the cycle and passed over later in the admissions cycle just b/c there are more variables than normal and it's harder to gauge if you will be a riskier admit for schools or not.

Have no clue whether the lack of a green card could have played a factor.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:54 am

You probably seem like a riskier candidate, and late in the game, those types don't fare well. I say go to NYU and be happy.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”