Thoughts on PT applications Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Scarletlady

New

Thoughts on PT applications

Post by Scarletlady » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:34 am

Is this cycle different for PT? I was perusing LSN, as a means of trying to keep the dream alive on a couple of schools. Admit/Rejects for the top 4 or 5 PT programs all seem to make sense in terms of GPA/LSAT. But the waitlists seem to be a bit more all over the place. Is it possible schools are trying to cut back on “back-dooring” into day programs due to the large number of applicants across the board?

Also, I know people like to discuss the relative merits of softs. However, I would think that for us PTers living in the city where you apply, currently having a job, and saying “why PT?” in your statement could be really strong softs. Assuming your PS doesn’t say, “I want to go PT to distance myself an extra year from these God awful recruiting cycles.”

Maybe this is all wishful thinking, but I was sort of a splitter (their LSAT range is only 3 points) at American. So I like to think it was my “softs” regarding explaining “why PT?” that made a difference.

thequest

New

Re: Thoughts on PT applications

Post by thequest » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:20 am

I asked an adcom at Chicago – Kent if the part time program was easier to get into. He said that despite lower numbers it wasn’t because the part timers were bringing a lot to the table in terms of work and life experience.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”