Leveraging money

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Leveraging money

Postby texaspecial88 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:09 pm

I know there are a couple threads about this but I have a specific question about leveraging money. I want to try and get some more money out of Tulane (they offered me 20k per year). That being said, no other school offered me more money except for a couple which offered 22k-- but they are lower ranked. I did, however, get accepted to Fordham and W&L with no $. Is it still possible to leverage money out of Tulane even though I have not received a better offer? How should I go about doing that?

voice of reason

Re: Leveraging money

Postby voice of reason » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:56 am

It appears you have no leverage, so it seems the answer is no.

However, if the schools that offered you $22K are not much lower ranked than Tulane, you could always ask Tulane to match those offers. You'd want to write them a nice letter saying how excited you are by the prospect of attending Tulane and asking if they could match the offers you received from XYZ and ABC law schools so that you can afford to choose Tulane. I really doubt they'll revise their offer, but it's probably worth writing one little letter for even a small chance at $2000.

Re: Leveraging money

Postby thickfreakness » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:38 am

Just send a nice e-mail without mentioning your other offers. Sometimes schools actually raise scholarships for people who express an excitement about attending! *gasp*

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”