Fourth test petitions: How do you/did you get one?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jarofsoup

Fourth test petitions: How do you/did you get one?

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:10 am

I am trying to take the test in June 2010. I cant take it until December 2010 with out fourth test petition.

I have decided that I am going to email every law school that is ABA approved and ask them. With the exception of schools that have good reputations because I know that they could care less.

SI was just wondering how do you go by getting allowed to retest? Or how did you do it? What did you write?

This economy sucks and I would like to shorten my future relationship with the LSAC. Even though they seem like lovely folks, my life is better with out them.

bks6064

Re: Fourth test petitions: How do you/did you get one?

Postby bks6064 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:25 pm

I got one from Stetson. I canceled my second LSAT and scored the same as my 1st on my 3rd :( LSAC refunded my money for the 2nd one due to testing conditions. I explained the mishap to Stetson U, a school in my top 5, and they drafted me a letter in less than a week. I don't believe it would have been a problem to get a letter if my testing conditions were good the 2nd test. Find a school you're interested in and explain why you need the letter and your interest in their program. You definitely need to go after a school that only interested in your highest LSAT score. Good luck -- you should not have a problem!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”