UChicago waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
texaspecial88
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

UChicago waitlist

Postby texaspecial88 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Anyone else out there?

User avatar
keiko
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby keiko » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:39 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:Anyone else out there?


oh yes. and don't it hurt.

NewDay
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:44 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby NewDay » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:47 pm

Just received email, I'm surprised I even made it to the waitlist honestly.

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby catharsis » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:52 pm

got the email this afternoon.

texaspecial88
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby texaspecial88 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:02 pm

Any of you thinking about writing an LOCI?

User avatar
legallybrunette16
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby legallybrunette16 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 am

I am super happy to even be on the waitlist - I thought I'd be a for sure *dinggg*! I think that I can write a pretty convincing essay about Chicago, but with midterms coming at me on an every-other-day basis right now, my main problem will be finding the time!!! good luck everyone! :lol:

tilghmab
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:25 am

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby tilghmab » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:25 am

texaspecial88 wrote:Any of you thinking about writing an LOCI?


Yups.

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby GobiasIndustries » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:17 pm

tilghmab wrote:
texaspecial88 wrote:Any of you thinking about writing an LOCI?


Yups.


Yups.

User avatar
Lermontov
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby Lermontov » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Just checking in. What're people's plans? Send a LOCI, then wait a little while before an extra LOR? All right away?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Lermontov wrote:Just checking in. What're people's plans? Send a LOCI, then wait a little while before an extra LOR? All right away?


Hand deliver LOCI. Wait a month. Hand deliver LOR. Beg and plead if necessary.

User avatar
Lermontov
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby Lermontov » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Lermontov wrote:Just checking in. What're people's plans? Send a LOCI, then wait a little while before an extra LOR? All right away?


Hand deliver LOCI. Wait a month. Hand deliver LOR. Beg and plead if necessary.


:P

Surely things aren't that desperate. Don't you have a good backup already?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:32 pm

Lermontov wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Lermontov wrote:Just checking in. What're people's plans? Send a LOCI, then wait a little while before an extra LOR? All right away?


Hand deliver LOCI. Wait a month. Hand deliver LOR. Beg and plead if necessary.


:P

Surely things aren't that desperate. Don't you have a good backup already?


I do, but I really, really want Chicago. Would be willing to shed blood over it.

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby thalassocrat » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:35 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Lermontov wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Lermontov wrote:Just checking in. What're people's plans? Send a LOCI, then wait a little while before an extra LOR? All right away?


Hand deliver LOCI. Wait a month. Hand deliver LOR. Beg and plead if necessary.


:P

Surely things aren't that desperate. Don't you have a good backup already?


I do, but I really, really want Chicago. Would be willing to shed blood over it.


You should tell them that. Offer to fight a current admit to the death, with the winner taking their rightful spot in the hallowed halls of the University of Chicago School of Law.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to bother with the waitlist. I really don't like them--I'd've preferred a straight ding.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby 02082010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:42 pm

.
Last edited by 02082010 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby 02082010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:43 pm

.
Last edited by 02082010 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:43 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Lermontov wrote:Just checking in. What're people's plans? Send a LOCI, then wait a little while before an extra LOR? All right away?


Hand deliver LOCI. Wait a month. Hand deliver LOR. Beg and plead if necessary.


I know you're not being seriously but they get pissy when things aren't sent to them electronically.


Hand deliver electronic copy on flash drive. Booyah.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby 02082010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:45 pm

.
Last edited by 02082010 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:46 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Did you ever get a fall grade request from NYU?


No, I did not. I'm still waiting on them. Would not take NYU over Michigan with money anyway. Honestly thinking about just withdrawing but I'm curious about how it'll turn out so prob staying in.

Also serious about hand delivering.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby 02082010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:47 pm

.
Last edited by 02082010 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:47 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Oh, btw, waitlistees, although my interviewer told me they'd try to get me a decision w/in a month, I really can't see them evaluating any WL candidate until at least April. When you don't start issuing RD decision until the end of Dec and you get nearly 6000 applications a year it going to be hard getting through those, let alone reevaluating files that you set aside a few months back.


Alright with me. Kill off some of the disinterested stragglers.

User avatar
Lermontov
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby Lermontov » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:50 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Oh, btw, waitlistees, although my interviewer told me they'd try to get me a decision w/in a month, I really can't see them evaluating any WL candidate until at least April. When you don't start issuing RD decision until the end of Dec and you get nearly 6000 applications a year it going to be hard getting through those, let alone reevaluating files that you set aside a few months back.


Alright with me. Kill off some of the disinterested stragglers.


+1

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby 02082010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:52 pm

.
Last edited by 02082010 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby 02082010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:54 pm

.
Last edited by 02082010 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lermontov
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby Lermontov » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:56 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Too much?


Just enough.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: UChicago waitlist

Postby 02082010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:58 pm

.
Last edited by 02082010 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests