LSU 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TonyDigital

Bronze

Re: LSU 2010

Post by TonyDigital » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:31 pm

maxpayne wrote:What is the deal with some people receiving a full ride with a requirement to stay in the top 25% and a full ride with a stipulation to remain in good standing? I would more heavily lean toward attending LSU if I just had to "remain in good standing."
I'm 100% with you Max. Congrats to everyone that got a Full scholly and only have to remain in good standing. If I got that, I'd commit to being a Tiger. My numbers are both above 75th percentile, non-trad, military, etc... I got a 3/4 scholly and remain top 33%.

I've tried emailing them to negotiate my scholarship, or at least attempt to, but no reply. No reply to my follow-up email either. Now I think I'm going to accept Loyola's full scholly offer...

boadicea

New

Post by boadicea » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:38 pm

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad about their fantastic scholarship offers, I'm just truly baffled at numbers comparable to mine (or slightly lower!) receiving acceptances and scholarships, some of them full rides, when I got a waitlist instead. I just don't understand...and I don't know what to do next! Help?

maxpayne

Bronze

Post by maxpayne » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:43 pm

boadicea wrote:I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad about their fantastic scholarship offers, I'm just truly baffled at numbers comparable to mine (or slightly lower!) receiving acceptances and scholarships, some of them full rides, when I got a waitlist instead. I just don't understand...and I don't know what to do next! Help?
Mind sharing your stats?

Cestjustemoi

Bronze

Post by Cestjustemoi » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:44 pm

boadicea wrote:I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad about their fantastic scholarship offers, I'm just truly baffled at numbers comparable to mine (or slightly lower!) receiving acceptances and scholarships, some of them full rides, when I got a waitlist instead. I just don't understand...and I don't know what to do next! Help?
write a letter of continuing interest. Did you apply late? Lsu scholarships are handled by a seperate comittee and seem to be less based on numbers or so I have deduced from reading lsn and this forum. The patterns of what people get and their contingencies really vary greatly from person to person.

Cestjustemoi

Bronze

Post by Cestjustemoi » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:45 pm

How many people here planning on living on campus?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

maxpayne

Bronze

Post by maxpayne » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:47 pm

TonyDigital wrote:
maxpayne wrote:What is the deal with some people receiving a full ride with a requirement to stay in the top 25% and a full ride with a stipulation to remain in good standing? I would more heavily lean toward attending LSU if I just had to "remain in good standing."
I'm 100% with you Max. Congrats to everyone that got a Full scholly and only have to remain in good standing. If I got that, I'd commit to being a Tiger. My numbers are both above 75th percentile, non-trad, military, etc... I got a 3/4 scholly and remain top 33%.

I've tried emailing them to negotiate my scholarship, or at least attempt to, but no reply. No reply to my follow-up email either. Now I think I'm going to accept Loyola's full scholly offer...
Well, I was contemplating calling/emailing LSU to negotiate my scholarship; however, even now that appears to be a lost cause.

mdickson

New

Post by mdickson » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Cestjustemoi wrote:How many people here planning on living on campus?
Not me.

I lived in Tigerland for undergrad. I'll be looking for a place in Southdowns very soon.

Cemoore4

New

Post by Cemoore4 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:51 pm

I'm also confused about what is going on with these scholarships?
I received acceptance on Jan. 27 and thought I would be in the running for at least a partial scholarship.

In-state,161, 3.28, Masters; but who knows?

Cestjustemoi

Bronze

Post by Cestjustemoi » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:51 pm

mdickson wrote:
Cestjustemoi wrote:How many people here planning on living on campus?
Not me.

I lived in Tigerland for undergrad. I'll be looking for a place in Southdowns very soon.

I think I'm just going to live on campus the first year I'm really un familiar with the area and I think I might go back to Miami for the summer. Is the housing on campus ok?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

macatak911

Bronze

Post by macatak911 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:56 pm

are you instate or OOS?

macatak911

Bronze

Post by macatak911 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Cemoore4 wrote:I'm also confused about what is going on with these scholarships?
I received acceptance on Jan. 27 and thought I would be in the running for at least a partial scholarship.

Someone I know talked to admissions the other day and supposedly 1-3 weeks after decision and the scholarship committee only looks at GPA and LSAT....no softs...

Cemoore4

New

Post by Cemoore4 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:07 pm

Yea, I read that it was taking approx. 3 weeks, but my LSAT is >75% and I think GPA is right at 25%. I figured that would get something. Anyway, I will sit at cross my fingers that the mail is being extremely slow.

Cestjustemoi

Bronze

Post by Cestjustemoi » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:16 pm

macatak911 wrote:
Cemoore4 wrote:I'm also confused about what is going on with these scholarships?

Someone I know talked to admissions the other day and supposedly 1-3 weeks after decision and the scholarship committee only looks at GPA and LSAT....no softs...
That seems highly improbable. Of that was the case I would not have my scholarship. If they were only going to look at those factor it would be an automatic qualification with admission which we have seen to not be the case.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

macatak911

Bronze

Post by macatak911 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:31 pm

Cestjustemoi wrote:
macatak911 wrote:

That seems highly improbable. Of that was the case I would not have my scholarship. If they were only going to look at those factor it would be an automatic qualification with admission which we have seen to not be the case.
Yea I know. They might look at in-state v out of state too when deciding and URM.

Cemoore4

New

Post by Cemoore4 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:35 am

Received scholarship information today. Great timing as I was beginning to really worry.

p_r

New

Post by p_r » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:15 am

I was also beginning to lose hope, but did receive the scholarship letter today. My acceptance letter was dated 01/21 and the scholarship letter was dated 02/23.

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:34 am

Dangit... my acceptance letter was dated 2/18 :( This is gonna be awhile. Hopefully they won't be out of money by the time they get to mine. I'm hoping the whole "I was a Louisiana public school teacher!!!" will help my case a little :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

xeckosk8trx

New

Post by xeckosk8trx » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:20 am

In at LSU!!! I received the admissions letter yesterday. How long does it take to hear back from them regarding scholarship money?

macatak911

Bronze

Post by macatak911 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:59 am

xeckosk8trx wrote:In at LSU!!! I received the admissions letter yesterday. How long does it take to hear back from them regarding scholarship money?
3 weeks on avg.

macatak911

Bronze

Post by macatak911 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:18 pm

Just received an email:

LSU Law/Join us for a reception in New Orleans!

You are cordially invited to attend

a reception in your honor at

mcglinchey stafford pllc

12th Floor - Atrium

601 Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70130

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

at

6:00 p.m.

RSVP required by March 12, 2010

southernboy

Bronze

Post by southernboy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:52 pm

OMG. I just visited LSU. Wonderful experience. This was also my first trip to Baton Rouge.The campus was gorgeous and the food was the best I had ever eaten. I had my first shrimp Poboy at a place called chimes and almost had an orgasm in my mouth...no joke. It was the best sandwich I've ever eaten. And thats saying a lot because I go to school in memphis (BBQ)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:05 am

macatak911 wrote:Just received an email:

LSU Law/Join us for a reception in New Orleans!

You are cordially invited to attend

a reception in your honor at

McGlinchey Stafford PLLC

12th Floor - Atrium

601 Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70130

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

at

6:00 p.m.

RSVP required by March 12, 2010
Fuck I hope I get mine soon. I got an email back in Feb. Saying I would get an RSVP in the mail by early to mid March for admitted student day. Guess I should call the law school by mid way through next week if I haven't heard anything back if the RSVP is required by March the 12th. Do you RSVP through email?

macatak911

Bronze

Post by macatak911 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:20 am

darknightbegins wrote: Fuck I hope I get mine soon. I got an email back in Feb. Saying I would get an RSVP in the mail by early to mid March for admitted student day. Guess I should call the law school by mid way through next week if I haven't heard anything back if the RSVP is required by March the 12th. Do you RSVP through email?
FWIW: this isn't the "admitted students day." My admissions packet said that's on April 10th. This is for Nola people only I'm guessing. Where are you from? You could either call or email RSVP. If you're in the area I'm sure you could call up and say you'd like to attend.

Charles Barkley

Bronze

Post by Charles Barkley » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:57 am

southernboy wrote:OMG. I just visited LSU. Wonderful experience. This was also my first trip to Baton Rouge.The campus was gorgeous and the food was the best I had ever eaten. I had my first shrimp Poboy at a place called chimes and almost had an orgasm in my mouth...no joke. It was the best sandwich I've ever eaten. And thats saying a lot because I go to school in memphis (BBQ)
chimes is the shit.

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:20 am

macatak911 wrote:
darknightbegins wrote: Fuck I hope I get mine soon. I got an email back in Feb. Saying I would get an RSVP in the mail by early to mid March for admitted student day. Guess I should call the law school by mid way through next week if I haven't heard anything back if the RSVP is required by March the 12th. Do you RSVP through email?
FWIW: this isn't the "admitted students day." My admissions packet said that's on April 10th. This is for Nola people only I'm guessing. Where are you from? You could either call or email RSVP. If you're in the area I'm sure you could call up and say you'd like to attend.
Yeah my packet and email said the day is on April 10 but that a formal invitation would be mailed in early to mid march where I could RSVP. I guess I'll just call next week and RSVP. I am from New Mexico btw.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”