Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BenJ

Silver

Re: Who'd you hear from? - Post-December LSAT Applicants

Post by BenJ » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:34 am

itsirtou wrote:Complete at Columbia, UCLA, and Texas-Austin.

STILL waiting to go complete at Cornell, UChicago, Michigan, and Penn, applied to all on 1/5. I'm kind of worried about Penn, because on the status checker, all that's checked off as being received is the LSDAS report -- the personal statement, resume, etc. boxes aren't checked. Which is weird because I looked again at the LSAC report, and that's all in there. It was submitted on 1/5.

Might call 'em tomorrow to make sure everything's OK.
I have the same, although I submitted later (on 1/11). I think Penn is just slow to fill out the check boxes. I wouldn't expect a complete at Chicago until at least mid-February. They're way behind and working in strict chronological order--and they just finished making decisions on most of the October completes. Cornell is also notorious for not updating its status checker; someone reported a few days ago that their status checker miraculously changed to "Complete 11/xx" (some date in November) despite it being well into January.

itsirtou

Bronze

Post by itsirtou » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:36 am

BenJ wrote:
itsirtou wrote:Complete at Columbia, UCLA, and Texas-Austin.

STILL waiting to go complete at Cornell, UChicago, Michigan, and Penn, applied to all on 1/5. I'm kind of worried about Penn, because on the status checker, all that's checked off as being received is the LSDAS report -- the personal statement, resume, etc. boxes aren't checked. Which is weird because I looked again at the LSAC report, and that's all in there. It was submitted on 1/5.

Might call 'em tomorrow to make sure everything's OK.
I have the same, although I submitted later (on 1/11). I think Penn is just slow to fill out the check boxes. I wouldn't expect a complete at Chicago until at least mid-February. They're way behind and working in strict chronological order--and they just finished making decisions on most of the October completes. Cornell is also notorious for not updating its status checker; someone reported a few days ago that their status checker miraculously changed to "Complete 11/xx" (some date in November) despite it being well into January.
Whew okay, that makes me feel better. I was getting nervous about Penn magically not receiving things. It's kind of amazing how paranoid status checkers can make you.

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:43 am

i'm having the same issue with penn... applied 1/4 and i know everything is in, but only the lsdas report is checked off...

:(

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:17 am

jl2032 wrote:i'm having the same issue with penn... applied 1/4 and i know everything is in, but only the lsdas report is checked off...

:(
I called most go the schools listed above. Penn is behind and Chicago won't be getting to any post -dec apps anytime soon.

Genki

Bronze

Post by Genki » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:11 am

Stanford just told me that my application is complete.
Sent on 1/4.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:34 am

GMU let me in via voicemail, but I sent my app back in December. Sucks that I'm having all my mail sent to my permanent address, so I do not know about other applications.

SAOJD10

Bronze

Post by SAOJD10 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:53 am

In and Miami and Florida CoasTTTTal and dinged at UGA

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:36 pm

in at emory via snail mail.. applied first week of january..

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:02 pm

DCD wrote:in at emory via snail mail.. applied first week of january..
Congrats! Applied at the same time as you, do you mind sharing your numbers? Is Emory a top choice for you?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MF248

Bronze

Post by MF248 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:13 pm

BenJ wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote:
BenJ wrote:Okay, unlikely to get many responses, but anyway... has anyone applied to Yale within the past month or so? About how long does it take to get the complete e-mail? Has anyone applied since the December LSAT and gone complete? (I haven't, submitted 12/30.) I don't think I have a chance at Yale because my GPA is mediocre for them and my softs are nothing special, but I can still dream.
yale is notoriously slow. applied a few days after you; I'm not complete and not expecting to hear anything until april. (unless they consider me an auto-reject.)

and don't use this pseudo-humble "I don't think I have a chance" (I don't-want-to-jinx-myself) bullshit. you have a 178.
Meh. I genuinely do not expect much from Yale. They don't care about numbers as long as your numbers are good, so a 178 is not as useful as it is for the other T6. I mean, maybe I offer something unique that I'm not aware of, but I feel a lot like generic person #439,784 who decided to apply to law school in junior year and who has generic undergraduate softs with nothing spectacular and a Y250 with a really boring topic. Perhaps not. Yale would be awesome.

Woo, pessimism!

Plus, you know, they rejected me for undergrad in favor of a girl from my high school who spoke openly about cheating on the SAT and who I was forced to be debate partners with who was only on the team to pad her college apps and who I suspect slept with a teacher to get her recommendation. It doesn't endear Yale to me. (I would take them anyway, though.)
I also had to be debate partners with a complete shlomoe, so I feel your pains. She wasn't as crazy as yours sounds tho.

ivorynightfall

New

Post by ivorynightfall » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Took LSAT in June but was a fool and waited until 12/15 to submit even though all the recs I was ever going to get had been in since 11/15 (was waiting on a rec from another prof, now on the NSC, who wrote me a Fulbright rec but decided to return to working on national security issues after) -

173, 3.86, lots of research assistance + individual research, article in scholarly journal pub. by UCB press, Stanford

Harvard -

JR1 email 1/15
JR1 call 1/20

got skipped for first round of JR2 yesterday

Yale - (not submitted until 1/8 or so)

got some email a couple days ago about how its peak application period for them and that they received notification from LSAC that I submitted and will probably get my actual app in a week

Stanford -

notification application received on 12/17, but no email that application is complete or correspondence ever since

also, no correspondence (via email anyway; forgot to forward the mail from my 'current' address to my permanent - currently studying abroad; and my mom canceled my US cell which i listed as my current phone number --;) from Georgetown, NYU, Chicago at all (not even app received!) and none from Columbia or UCB since app received

-should I be worried and try to contact the schools that have not corresponded with me at all? aka stanford?

bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Post by bloodonthetracks » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:10 pm

ivorynightfall wrote:Took LSAT in June but was a fool and waited until 12/15 to submit even though all the recs I was ever going to get had been in since 11/15 (was waiting on a rec from another prof, now on the NSC, who wrote me a Fulbright rec but decided to return to working on national security issues after) -

173, 3.86, lots of research assistance + individual research, article in scholarly journal pub. by UCB press, Stanford

Harvard -

JR1 email 1/15
JR1 call 1/20

got skipped for first round of JR2 yesterday

Yale - (not submitted until 1/8 or so)

got some email a couple days ago about how its peak application period for them and that they received notification from LSAC that I submitted and will probably get my actual app in a week

Stanford -

notification application received on 12/17, but no email that application is complete or correspondence ever since

also, no correspondence (via email anyway; forgot to forward the mail from my 'current' address to my permanent - currently studying abroad; and my mom canceled my US cell which i listed as my current phone number --;) from Georgetown, NYU, Chicago at all (not even app received!) and none from Columbia or UCB since app received

-should I be worried and try to contact the schools that have not corresponded with me at all? aka stanford?
i applied to stanford on dec 29 and got a "received" email a week later and a "complete" email a few days ago. maybe you should get in touch with them.

bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Post by bloodonthetracks » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 pm

UR at Harvard. yikes. awaiting the blow.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:28 pm

DCD wrote:in at emory via snail mail.. applied first week of january..
that's crazy! so quick... you must have been auto-admit for them =/ i applied around same time as you, only went complete a week ago. congrats!

Genki

Bronze

Post by Genki » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:48 pm

Just got a complete email from NYU.
Submitted apps on 1/2-1/4

So far...
Columbia: Complete
NYU: Complete
Stanford: Complete
Berkeley: Under Review (basically means the same as Complete)
Harvard: Complete

eshort

New

Post by eshort » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:53 pm

Genki wrote:Just got a complete email from NYU.

So far...
REALLY complete at Columbia or pending completion?

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:10 pm

eshort wrote:
Genki wrote:Just got a complete email from NYU.

So far...
REALLY complete at Columbia or pending completion?
FWIW I just went complete the other day at Columbia. Applied first week of January.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Zara

Bronze

Post by Zara » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:37 pm

went complete at NYU today. I applied on 1/7.

I'm complete or UR everywhere now except for maybe notre dame, berkeley, Penn, and Yale...I haven't heard anything from them.

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Is there a status checker for UT-Austin? I've only gotten a received app email.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:10 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bwana73

New

Post by bwana73 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:Is there a status checker for UT-Austin? I've only gotten a received app email.
+1

Heard from UVA today. Got in, so I'm very happy. Not as happy about making a fool of myself on the phone, but I think they understand. :mrgreen:
Sauer Grapes,
What are our numbers? Did you apply ED? UVA is my top choice, but I am still just complete and am crazy antsy.
Last edited by bwana73 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:37 pm

In today at Brooklyn via email. Will need a full scholarship to consider them.
Complete today at NYU and yesterday at Columbia. Both huge reaches though, so I am not expecting good news.

adrib

Bronze

Post by adrib » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:41 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:Is there a status checker for UT-Austin? I've only gotten a received app email.
There is--I got mine on Saturday after applying on the 9th.
--
I have a question: I applied to NU on 1/9, and they have not yet requested my report from LSAC--it still shows up under my active apps, even. Is this normal?

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Ahh! Finally complete at Columbia! What they were doing sending e-mails at 8:11 p.m., I have no idea, but I am very relieved. (Applied 12/29, received 12/30.)

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:47 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”