THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ludacrispat26

Bronze

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by Ludacrispat26 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:04 pm

slax wrote:
Soda Mixer wrote:"Held" by Penn today...

WTF is that shit? Scared to ding me? Don't even have the balls to waitlist me?

You're probably still butthurt that the Giants beat the Phillies; after all, your city's greatest claim to fame is the unmatched douchebaggery of its sports fans. I guess I'm not cool enough to hang out with the guy who gets belligerently drunk and then makes himself puke on little girls. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5098407)

Oh, and Adam Sandler's mom in The Waterboy had it right: Ben Franklin is the Devil!

P.S. I will take it all back if you let me in! <3 Penn
I thought our biggest claim to fame were those two big papers in the National Archives. Remember those? :P
No, the thing is that they're not. Philadelphia is such a terrible city even having those two documents and playing homecourt to the Revolution still can't overshadow how awful the people who live there are.

emhellmer

Bronze

Post by emhellmer » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:16 pm

Ludacrispat26 wrote:
slax wrote:

You're probably still butthurt that the Giants beat the Phillies; after all, your city's greatest claim to fame is the unmatched douchebaggery of its sports fans. I guess I'm not cool enough to hang out with the guy who gets belligerently drunk and then makes himself puke on little girls. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5098407)

Oh, and Adam Sandler's mom in The Waterboy had it right: Ben Franklin is the Devil!

I thought our biggest claim to fame were those two big papers in the National Archives. Remember those? :P
No, the thing is that they're not. Philadelphia is such a terrible city even having those two documents and playing homecourt to the Revolution still can't overshadow how awful the people who live there are.
LOL! I thought that Philly sports fans were most famous for cheering when players from opossing teams got hurt? I hear the liberty bell is overated. On that note, still waiting to hear back from Temple...not that I wanted to go to that terrible city anyway.

2Serious4Numbers

Bronze

Post by 2Serious4Numbers » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:19 pm

emhellmer wrote:
Ludacrispat26 wrote:
slax wrote:

LOL! I thought that Philly sports fans were most famous for cheering when players from opossing teams got hurt? I hear the liberty bell is overated. On that note, still waiting to hear back from Temple...not that I wanted to go to that terrible city anyway.
... And they have been known to throw snowballs at Santa fyi

derrminater

New

Post by derrminater » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:21 pm

yea we're kinda awesome here. . .

jacketman03

Silver

Post by jacketman03 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:30 pm

2Serious4Numbers wrote:
emhellmer wrote:
Ludacrispat26 wrote:
slax wrote:
... And they have been known to throw snowballs at Santa fyi
I seem to recall them booing the best player the Phillies had ever seen.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:03 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
LilMonsterAnnie wrote:Dear St. Thomas (Minnesota, not the fucking Caribbean)

Stop emailing me. Just because your name is "St Thomas" does not a hot, sunny beach make you. I think you named yourself that to trick all the poor bastards who will unwittingly attend from out-of-state. Little do they realize:
1. Minnesota is a pain-in-the-ass to spell...ALL the time.
2. You have the most mosquito infested state in the US. How your state population hasn't died already from Malaria is a mystery to me.
3. Lutefisk & Lefse are considered a food group
4. Your neighbors will want to play cards, bingo and go ice-fishing...ALL THE TIME
5. most of the population are 'sheep': incapable of critical or independent thinking
6. the people act like Stepford Wives a majority of time
7. They will have a "Wake Up" call from their collective coma or state of denial and immediately want to transfer (or swear to never work for 3M or General Foods and be stuck there forever) to a law school with better weather.
8. If they get married to someone from there - they can plan on NEVER LEAVING - your spouse will not want to be more than 50 miles away from mommy or daddy. (and your in-laws will more than likely be bible-thumping, righteous sorts)

Signed
Annie "No WantieWantie MinneHell"

OUCH! I pretty much took offense to everything you just said, because you clearly have no idea what this state is all about. Please save your criticism for the specific school...and if you were to do that, I would totally agree, because I grew up in Minnesota and St. Thomas (for UNDERGRAD) is a clique-ridden, high schoolish type of place where most people act like the idle rich because their mommies and daddies pay for them to go to a subpar school - most likely the best one they could get into due to their less than stellar academic records... But the state itself is actually quite liberal and progressive and is home to several excellent small private schools (too bad none of them have law schools)

....also, the twin cities area is fairly devoid of "bible-thumpers" and "righteous sorts" - just because we're in the midwest doesn't mean we enlist all of its stereotypes

You had better get thicker skin if you are going to law school.

This hurt because it is 110% truth. I am married to someone from MEENAASODA and at times, nothing pains me more.

EDIT: to Chrisbru...you are a poor bastard stuck in Seattle just like I am. You do NOT speak for Midwesterners or you would have never have left. People from the Midwest always go back...they like to see the curvature of the earth
Daaaang brotha (sista?) it's not like I don't have thick skin, I just like to defend the MSP area, where I live now, and where St. Thomas is. It is worlds apart from "larger MN", the rest of the state, where I grew up (way up north) and where I'll never return. But I COULD see myself living in the area where I live now, which is much different than the rest of this bumpkin state, but that's no different than any other state where there is "progressive city (cities)" and "everywhere else" (farms). And also, what state pop doesn't have its fair share of "sheep"? I'd say that by our standards, this country is rife with sheep and that's just the way it is - how else could George W. Bush get elected for 2 terms?

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Ludacrispat26 wrote:
slax wrote:

lol

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:11 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:Daaaang brotha (sista?) it's not like I don't have thick skin, I just like to defend the MSP area, where I live now, and where St. Thomas is. It is worlds apart from "larger MN", the rest of the state, where I grew up (way up north) and where I'll never return. But I COULD see myself living in the area where I live now, which is much different than the rest of this bumpkin state, but that's no different than any other state where there is "progressive city (cities)" and "everywhere else" (farms). And also, what state pop doesn't have its fair share of "sheep"? I'd say that by our standards, this country is rife with sheep and that's just the way it is - how else could George W. Bush get elected for 2 terms?
Aww, put a sock in it. Here's the thing: The whole point of this thread is to vent and make fun of the schools/areas that rejected you. It's sarcastic lamentation, and we don't want any defense in this thread. It's all fun and games. Read and laugh, and join in when the time is right.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:12 pm

You're right, you're right. I will step down from my soapbox. See y'all probably on Monday when I get my rejection from Chicago!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LilMonsterAnnie

Bronze

Post by LilMonsterAnnie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Daaaang brotha (sista?) it's not like I don't have thick skin, I just like to defend the MSP area, where I live now, and where St. Thomas is. It is worlds apart from "larger MN", the rest of the state, where I grew up (way up north) and where I'll never return. But I COULD see myself living in the area where I live now, which is much different than the rest of this bumpkin state, but that's no different than any other state where there is "progressive city (cities)" and "everywhere else" (farms). And also, what state pop doesn't have its fair share of "sheep"? I'd say that by our standards, this country is rife with sheep and that's just the way it is - how else could George W. Bush get elected for 2 terms?
True
MSP is a cool city. However, you even admit you will never return to the 'way up north' and I am dinging St. Thomas for excessive emails/solicitation and the reasons why.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:18 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
True
MSP is a cool city. However, you even admit you will never return to the 'way up north' and I am dinging St. Thomas for excessive emails/solicitation and the reasons why.
Yes yes, you are right. And I would die before I ever went to St. Thomas to study anything so I am glad you're here dinging the school. And about 60% of the reason I'd never go back to northern MN except to visit my parents is that the winter temperatures are enough to rip your soul from your body.

slax

Bronze

Post by slax » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:50 pm

Sucks that one of the awful people from Philly has gotten into so many better law schools than you have. Those philadelphians are such jerks!

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:55 pm

slax wrote:Sucks that one of the awful people from Philly has gotten into so many better law schools than you have. Those philadelphians are such jerks!
Wrong: You're doing it that way.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

slax

Bronze

Post by slax » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:00 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
slax wrote:Sucks that one of the awful people from Philly has gotten into so many better law schools than you have. Those philadelphians are such jerks!
Wrong: You're doing it that way.
Just living up to the city's reputation. You know, there are way too many assholes in this world. Maybe one day I won't be one of them :)

emhellmer

Bronze

Post by emhellmer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:29 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:Daaaang brotha (sista?) it's not like I don't have thick skin, I just like to defend the MSP area, where I live now, and where St. Thomas is. It is worlds apart from "larger MN", the rest of the state, where I grew up (way up north) and where I'll never return. But I COULD see myself living in the area where I live now, which is much different than the rest of this bumpkin state, but that's no different than any other state where there is "progressive city (cities)" and "everywhere else" (farms). And also, what state pop doesn't have its fair share of "sheep"? I'd say that by our standards, this country is rife with sheep and that's just the way it is - how else could George W. Bush get elected for 2 terms?
As a former resident of Austin, I understand this sort of pain. However, I am now inviting anyone dinged from UT to write the most ignorant, stereotypical, and pompous screed about Texas as was ever writ. I promise to not get huffy. Let's get back to laughter!

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:14 pm

emhellmer wrote:
As a former resident of Austin, I understand this sort of pain. However, I am now inviting anyone dinged from UT to write the most ignorant, stereotypical, and pompous screed about Texas as was ever writ. I promise to not get huffy. Let's get back to laughter!
+1. concede!

Shooter

Bronze

Post by Shooter » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Alright Penn,

So it's like this... You're an Ivy League university that no one has ever heard of. For awhile I thought you were cool because your campus was featured in Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (a movie that I like), but I soon realized that the majority of the footage was actually from Princeton (you know, that one Ivy League school in New Jersey that literally EVERYONE has heard of?).

What I found most interesting about your university, however, is that the whole "no one has any idea who I am" thing is actually a recurring motif that pervades almost every aspect of your painfully long and undistinguished legacy.

For example, James Wilson was an 18th century legal scholar that signed both the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution; but by virtue of the fact that he attended The Academy and College of Philadelphia (modern day University of Pennsylvania) in the 1700s, NO ONE has ever heard of him.

I saw what you did to this honorable man's career, and I WILL NOT let you do it to mine.

Warren Buffett, one of the world's most successful investors and graduate of the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School of Business, literally had to get a Master's Degree at Columbia (another Ivy League university that enjoys a profusion of scholarly admiration and international name recognition) so his peers would respect his knowledge and intellect. He knew in 1950 what I know now - NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF THE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA.

For the edification of TLS, other "famous" alumni of Penn include Ralph Brinster, Roger Young (a zoologist who, in spite of her first name, is actually a woman), Andrea Mitchell (gross) and this one dermatologist named Louis Dehrung. Their alumni base was so pitiful that Penn actually had to get a Harvard graduate (Amy Guttman) to run their university.

Also, Lamb of God (an awesome metal band) no longer resides in Philadelphia and people in and around your city tend to talk like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3lZFiyd_-0

Love,

Shooter

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:16 pm

Shooter wrote:NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF THE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA.
LOL. I have found this to be a re-occurring theme as well. I'm still waiting for my Penn ding....

Birdlaw

Bronze

Post by Birdlaw » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:12 am

Shooter wrote:Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (a movie that I like)
Seriously, you like that movie?

almightypush

Bronze

Post by almightypush » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:34 am

Birdlaw wrote:
+1

SentinelsOfEvil

Bronze

Post by SentinelsOfEvil » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:47 am

Birdlaw wrote:
my thoughts exactly

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Shooter

Bronze

Post by Shooter » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:04 am

Birdlaw wrote:
Lol, omg. I didn't think that was going to be the "take away" line. But, yeah, I thought the movie was entertaining. Can we get back to hating on schools now - as opposed to hating on Shooter's taste in cinema?

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:07 am

Shooter wrote:
Birdlaw wrote:
Lol, omg. I didn't think that was going to be the "take away" line. But, yeah, I thought the movie was entertaining. Can we get back to hating on schools now - as opposed to hating on Shooter's taste in cinema?
Don't worry Shooter, I enjoyed it as well. It wasn't amazing, but it was loud and entertaining. Sometimes you need that from a movie.

Anyway, carry on! :D

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:16 am

Shooter wrote:Alright Penn,

So it's like this... You're an Ivy League university that no one has ever heard of. For awhile I thought you were cool because your campus was featured in Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (a movie that I like), but I soon realized that the majority of the footage was actually from Princeton (you know, that one Ivy League school in New Jersey that literally EVERYONE has heard of?).

What I found most interesting about your university, however, is that the whole "no one has any idea who I am" thing is actually a recurring motif that pervades almost every aspect of your painfully long and undistinguished legacy.

For example, James Wilson was an 18th century legal scholar that signed both the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution; but by virtue of the fact that he attended The Academy and College of Philadelphia (modern day University of Pennsylvania) in the 1700s, NO ONE has ever heard of him.

I saw what you did to this honorable man's career, and I WILL NOT let you do it to mine.

Warren Buffett, one of the world's most successful investors and graduate of the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School of Business, literally had to get a Master's Degree at Columbia (another Ivy League university that enjoys a profusion of scholarly admiration and international name recognition) so his peers would respect his knowledge and intellect. He knew in 1950 what I know now - NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF THE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA.

For the edification of TLS, other "famous" alumni of Penn include Ralph Brinster, Roger Young (a zoologist who, in spite of her first name, is actually a woman), Andrea Mitchell (gross) and this one dermatologist named Louis Dehrung. Their alumni base was so pitiful that Penn actually had to get a Harvard graduate (Amy Guttman) to run their university.

Also, Lamb of God (an awesome metal band) no longer resides in Philadelphia and people in and around your city tend to talk like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3lZFiyd_-0

Love,

Shooter
My feelings exactly. THANK YOU.

emhellmer

Bronze

Post by emhellmer » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:46 am

Shooter wrote:Alright Penn,

So it's like this... You're an Ivy League university that no one has ever heard of.

NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF THE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA.

Love,

Shooter
This is the most ignorant post to date. How could you say that no one has ever heard of Penn? I don't know where Joe Paterno went to college, but he is a legend in our own time! This is one of the most fabled football programs of all time! Are law students so isolated and ignorant that...oh wait. Never mind. ;-)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”