THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Tom Joad

Gold

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by Tom Joad » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Dear Stanford,

Times have been a little lean, but the thought of being BIGLAW secure with straight Ps in Palo Alto kept my hopes up. Today, I took my change to the bank so I could get $20 to buy some bread, rice, ramen, pasta, and peanut butter to get me through the week. I was happy when I got home and saw I had a letter from you. I would have been happy to ride the waitlist with you all summer long. When I saw that I was rejected, it hit me deep down. I hope you enjoy that $116 I sent you.

-Tom Joad.

frozene

New

Post by frozene » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:39 am

Dear Columbia,

After four months together, I hate that it has to end this way. I feel so confused and alone, a feeling that can only be expressed by pop song:
Gotye, Esq. wrote: Now and then I think of when we were together
Like when you said that you had wanted me to apply
I told myself that you were right for me
But felt so lonely without your VCE
But that was love and it's an ache I still remember

You can get addicted to a certain kinda sadness
Like resignation to the ding, always the ding
So when you found that I could not get in
Well you said that I could still be held
I'll admit that I was glad that it was over

But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
I don't even need your love, but you treat me like a stranger
And that feels so rough

No, you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your staff collect my records
But just look at my numbers
Guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know

Now and then I think of all the time you had me UR
But had me believing it was always something that I'd done
But I don't wanna live that way
Reading into every word you say
You said that you would let me know
And I wouldn't catch you hung up on some YPs that you used to hold

But you didn't have cut me off
And that feels so rough

Good luck with your new 0Ls.

Sincerely,
Someone you have all but rejected

neuroticjew

New

Post by neuroticjew » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:10 am

Dear Columbia,

I'm having serious déjà vu writing this...you already dinged me for ED, so why even pretend that you were going to give me a second look RD? Anyway, considering I have a decent scholarship waiting for me at the school that is going to top you next year and a waitlist at Stanford (where would I rather live for the same rental price - in a rodent convention or paradise with palm trees? So hard to decide...), I really didn't take it too personally. Enjoy your LSAT whoring and weakest clerkship placement in the top 5.

(No, but seriously, I'm not even mad, bro. Come visit me sometime in Hyde Park or Palo Alto and we'll have a few drinks.)

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Way to yield protect, Stanford!

...I'll take my 3.7 elsewhere!

:D :D :D

whatismylife

Bronze

Post by whatismylife » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:18 pm

frozene wrote:Dear Columbia,

After four months together, I hate that it has to end this way. I feel so confused and alone, a feeling that can only be expressed by pop song:
Gotye, Esq. wrote: Now and then I think of when we were together
Like when you said that you had wanted me to apply
I told myself that you were right for me
But felt so lonely without your VCE
But that was love and it's an ache I still remember

You can get addicted to a certain kinda sadness
Like resignation to the ding, always the ding
So when you found that I could not get in
Well you said that I could still be held
I'll admit that I was glad that it was over

But you didn't have to cut me off
And that feels so rough

Now and then I think of all the time you had me UR
But had me believing it was always something that I'd done
But I don't wanna live that way
Reading into every word you say
You said that you would let me know
And I wouldn't catch you hung up on some YPs that you used to hold

But you didn't have cut me off
And that feels so rough

Good luck with your new 0Ls.

Sincerely,
Someone you have all but rejected

Dammit now I have to got listen to this song 100 times.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rwhyAn

Bronze

Post by rwhyAn » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:36 pm

Dear ASU,

After spending 5+ years, giving you over $100k, and waiting for months and months for a decision, I'm a bit hurt and saddened that you could betray me like this. The reason for my GPA hit was that I was trying to be a great ambassador for the university by promoting its party image, and because of my goodwill, I knowingly and willfully took a significant dive in GPA, all in the hope that I was doing ASU proud. Now, I see that you've used my benevolence against me, as it would hurt your attempt to climb in the rankings, in which you had to game your numbers pretty hard. We all know that you're no #26, but you were my #1 once. I'm sorry that it had to end like this, but now I may have a date with your hotter sister, U of A. At least I no longer have to worry about contracting VD from the girls at Manzy. Have fun getting your ass beat by Rich Rod's new and improved Wildcat offense and being at the bottom of the Pac-12. Also, I almost forgot, you can admit a convicted murder (i.e. James Hamm), but not a loyal, law-abiding alum. Shame on you!

Sincerely,
rwhyan
Last edited by rwhyAn on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

azgirl514

New

Post by azgirl514 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:42 am

Hey Stanford,

You were my only straight-up rejection this cycle. Why did you have to hold on to my app for SIX MONTHS and then shatter my lovely trend of acceptances and waitlists?

Whatevs, I am a state school girl for life and cannot WAIT to hate on you even more next year as a Boaltie. GO CAL!!!!!!!

Kisses,

azgirl

gravityrides0

Silver

Post by gravityrides0 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:54 am

rwhyAn wrote:Dear ASU,

After spending 5+ years, giving you over $100k, and waiting for months and months for a decision, I'm a bit hurt and saddened that you could betray me like this. The reason for my GPA hit was that I was trying to be a great ambassador for the university by promoting its party image, and because of of my goodwill, I knowingly and willfully took a significant dive in GPA, all in the hope that I was doing ASU proud. Now, I see that you've used my benevolence against me, as it would hurt your attempt to climb in the rankings, in which you had to game your numbers pretty hard. We all know that you're no #26, but you were my #1 once. I'm sorry that it had to end like this, but now I may have a date with your hotter sister, U of A. At least I no longer have to worry about contracting VD from the girls at Manzy. Have fun getting your ass beat by Rich Rod's new and improved Wildcat offense and being at the bottom of the Pac-12.

Sincerely,
rwhyan
o i c

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:29 am

This is continually my favorite thread. Good job, guys.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Real Madrid

Silver

Post by Real Madrid » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:08 pm

I'll add one for the end of the cycle:

Dear UVA,

I'm sorry you were too busy gaming the USNWR rankings to actually take a look at my application, but if you had actually read my personal statement, looked at my resume, or read my recommendations, you might have actually liked what you saw. Then again, maybe you wouldn't have. Or maybe I should've written a "Why UVA" statement; after all, we know you love it when prospective students kiss your pompous ass. But that, too, would've been pointless, considering your admissions guidelines look something like this:

-Above both medians: WL since student will choose a better school and an acceptance would hurt our yield (also it will make us appear uber-elite and selective)
-Above one median, below the other: WL and make them beg to get off
-Below both medians: AUTO REJECT. Huzzah, suckah!
-ED above one median, regardless of the other: AUTO ADMIT. FREE MONEYZ, HIGHER YIELD AND INFLATED MEDIANS FOR USNWR! WINNING.

In short, I'm glad you rejected me. I don't like softball. I don't want to wear a pink polo shirt to class everyday. And I especially don't want to sink to this level during admitted student days:

http://abovethelaw.com/2011/03/law-stud ... mployment/

moneybagsphd

Silver

Post by moneybagsphd » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Real Madrid wrote:I'll add one for the end of the cycle:

Dear UVA,

I'm sorry you were too busy gaming the USNWR rankings to actually take a look at my application, but if you had actually read my personal statement, looked at my resume, or read my recommendations, you might have actually liked what you saw. Then again, maybe you wouldn't have. Or maybe I should've written a "Why UVA" statement; after all, we know you love it when prospective students kiss your pompous ass. But that, too, would've been pointless, considering your admissions guidelines look something like this:

-Above both medians: WL since student will choose a better school and an acceptance would hurt our yield (also it will make us appear uber-elite and selective)
-ED above one median, regardless of the other: AUTO ADMIT. FREE MONEYZ, HIGHER YIELD AND INFLATED MEDIANS FOR USNWR! WINNING.

In short, I'm glad you rejected me. I don't like softball. I don't want to wear a pink polo shirt to class everyday. And I especially don't want to sink to this level during admitted student days:

Truth.

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Dear UVA,

Rational, self-interested actors, bro.

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Tue May 01, 2012 6:40 am

Tom Joad wrote:

Dear UVA,

Rational, self-interested actors, bro.
http://www.c-ville.com/Article/UVA/Are_ ... 2113297100

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

zanzbar

Bronze

Post by zanzbar » Wed May 02, 2012 11:18 am

Dear Baylor,

It was ok when you accepted me and pretended to "award" me a lifetime of servitude through 60,000 dollars in crippling loans per year. Honestly, I wasn't too devastated when you sent out my GPA/LSAT, phone number, email address, cholesterol level, horoscope, and mailing address to 400+ complete strangers. Initially I was even ok with the fact that when I tried to negotiate a scholarship you instantly shot me down saying you ran out of money, BUT after examining that spreadsheet it's no longer ok. At least grow a pair and tell me you didn't want to give me scholarship money because you were trying to meet your diversity quota. Regardless, you're now the most expensive law school in the state of Texas, honestly you should require students to have a psychiatric evaluation that shows they are legally insane before they are offered admission to this TTTT in disguise. Really, how the hell can you expect someone to pay 50,000 just to go to the 4th best law school in the state!?! Anyways enjoy your new 51th ranking in the USNR (I'm sure you'll get some new ranking whore applicants) meanwhile I will either be attending Houston or SMU with scholarship so I still feel like I came out a winner. Unfortunately, I will miss is next year's 20th anniversary to David Koresh's legendary barbecue.

Sincerely,
Zanzbar

cactuarX3

Silver

Post by cactuarX3 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:38 am

Dear Stanfurd JUNIOR University,

Thanks for the ding that was 4 months in the making. I guess now that you're the number 2 law school in the nation, you feel entitled to hold someone's application for more than 1/3 of a year without so much as an email. Maybe one thing you can add to your curriculum this year is common courtesy?

Calchexas

New

Post by Calchexas » Thu May 03, 2012 11:17 am

Dear UT,

You're a great school and all, but I wish you would've told me in advance that you never, ever accept non-URMs with LSAT scores lower than 165. Could've saved me 80 smackers.

Dear STCL,

Seriously? You didn't give me a fee waiver? Guess you'll never up those medians, then!

hob12

Bronze

Post by hob12 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:39 pm

Dear Indiana University Bloomington,

Reexamining my cycle I realized you never gave me an admissions decision, even though your admissions office seems to think I should see something on my status checker. You should know that when I pay your admissions fee, I am expecting something in return. I guess what I really want to know is, can I have my money back?

Thanks.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

suzige

Bronze

Post by suzige » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:08 am

hob12 wrote:Dear Indiana University Bloomington,

Reexamining my cycle I realized you never gave me an admissions decision, even though your admissions office seems to think I should see something on my status checker. You should know that when I pay your admissions fee, I am expecting something in return. I guess what I really want to know is, can I have my money back?

Thanks.
Reminds me of my undergrad app cycle....

I couldn't get anyone on the phone down there to explain what was up....so i sent ten letters printed on neon orange paper with big font demanding my seat deposit back. Snail mail works!

Mattthebarbarian

New

Post by Mattthebarbarian » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:52 am

zanzbar wrote:Dear Baylor,
Unfortunately, I will miss is next year's 20th anniversary to David Koresh's legendary barbecue.

Sincerely,
Zanzbar
lol, burn!

Unoriginalist

Bronze

Post by Unoriginalist » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:45 pm

Bump for 2012-2013 cycle!

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:46 pm

The ding bar is back! I love the ding bar!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Quality bump!

porch

Bronze

Post by porch » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:55 pm

Not looking forward to writing in this right after the new year.

FallingHigher

Bronze

Post by FallingHigher » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:03 am

Dearest Duke,

I know it has been awhile and that we agreed to a clean breakup but I am drunk on eggnog and must speak my mind. Before you came along with your big shiny books and flashy fee waivers I was content with tier 2. I was blissfully ignorant to all the t14s and the glories they hold. Now, I find myself before the bloodbath of rejections which January holds and I have you to blame.
You seemed genuine when you said you look beyond LSAT but that's was another lie. I have had three-ways which lasted longer than how long it took you to WL me. You and your forever video game suck. You totally missed out on me and my companion cube pillow.
May your children be blinded and mistake draino for koolaid.

Sincerely,

FH

Username123

Silver

Post by Username123 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:27 am

FallingHigher wrote:Dearest Duke,

I know it has been awhile and that we agreed to a clean breakup but I am drunk on eggnog and must speak my mind. Before you came along with your big shiny books and flashy fee waivers I was content with tier 2. I was blissfully ignorant to all the t14s and the glories they hold. Now, I find myself before the bloodbath of rejections which January holds and I have you to blame.
You seemed genuine when you said you look beyond LSAT but that's was another lie. I have had three-ways which lasted longer than how long it took you to WL me. You and your forever video game suck. You totally missed out on me and my companion cube pillow.
May your children be blinded and mistake draino for koolaid.

Sincerely,

FH
That was awesome.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”