List of games types

User avatar
T14
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

List of games types

Postby T14 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:40 pm

Pithypike's LSAT guide can be found here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41657

In it he lists the different types of games and the # of those types which can be found. However, the only list which matched game types to test #'s is the Powerscore one which categorizes by test # (that I could find anyway). So I thought it might be useful to match game types with test # but categorize them by type. The bracketed numbers are the total number of that type from 7-45 according to Pithypike, so any discrepancy is because I haven't got every test in there (almost though).

Feel free to add to this list or modify and mistakes...

Basic Linear - Balanced (23)
February 1993 test 7 game #1
October 1994 test 12 game #1
December 1994 test 13 game #2
June 1995 test 15 game #1
December 1992 test 18 game #2
June 1996 test 19 game #1
October 1997 test 23 game #1
December 1997 test 24 game #2
September 1998 test 26 game #2
December 1998 test 27 game #1
December 1998 test 27 game #4
June 1999 test 28 game #1
October 1999 test 29 game #3
December 1999 test 30 game #4
October 2000 test 32 game #3
June 2001 test 34 game #3
October 2001 test 35 game #4
June 2003 test 40 game #1
October 2003 test 41 game #1

Basic Linear - Overloaded (5)
February 1994 test 10 game #2
December 1996 test 21 game #2
October 1999 test 29 game #4
June 2001 test 34 game #2

Basic Linear - Underfunded (5)
June 1994 test 11 game #2
January 1995 test 15 game #3
June 2000 test 31 game #3
June 2001 test 34 game #1

Advanced Linear - Balanced (25)
February 1993 test 7 game #2
February 1993 test 7 game #4
February 1995 test 14 game #2
September 1995 test 16 game #2
June 1996 test 19 game #2
October 1996 test 20 game #4
June 1997 test 22 game #2
December 1997 test 24 game #3
June 1998 test 25 game #4
September 1998 test 26 game #1
June 1999 test 28 game #3
June 1999 test 28 game #4
December 1999 test 30 game #3
December 2001 test 36 game #2
December 2001 test 36 game #3
December 2001 test 36 game #4
June 2002 test 37 game #1
June 2002 test 37 game #2
June 2002 test 37 game #4
October 2002 test 38 game #2
October 2002 test 38 game #4
December 2002 test 39 game #1
October 2003 test 41 game #2

Advanced Linear - Overloaded (4)
February 1995 test 14 game #4
June 1997 test 22 game #3
June 2000 test 31 game #1

Advanced Linear - Underfunded (7)
September 1995 test 16 game #3
October 1996 test 20 game #1
December 1996 test 21 game #3
December 1996 test 21 game #4
October 2000 test 32 game #4
December 2000 test 33 game #4
October 2001 test 35 game #3

Advanced Linear – Unbalanced (ID template)
December 2002 test 39 game #3

Grouping - Defined - Fixed - Balanced (10)
October 1994 test 12 game #2
December 1994 test 13 game #1
September 1995 test 16 game #1
December 1992 test 18 game #1
June 1996 test 19 game #3
June 1996 test 19 game #4
June 2002 test 37 game #3
October 2002 test 38 game #3


Grouping - Defined - Fixed - Overloaded (11)
October 1993 test 9 game #2
January 1995 test 15 game #4
October 1996 test 20 game #2
June 1997 test 22 game #4
October 1997 test 23 game #3
December 1997 test 24 game #4
September 1998 test 26 game #4
October 1999 test 29 game #2
October 2001 test 35 game #1
June 2003 test 40 game #4

Grouping - Defined - Fixed - Underfunded (5)
October 1993 test 9 game #1
June 1999 test 28 game #2
December 1999 test 30 game #1
October 2001 test 35 game #2

Grouping - Defined - Moving - Balanced (14)
February 1993 test 7 game #3
June 1994 test 11 game #1
February 1995 test 14 game #1
February 1995 test 14 game #3
December 1996 test 21 game #1
June 1997 test 22 game #1
December 1997 test 24 game #1
June 1998 test 25 game #2
June 1998 test 25 game #3
September 1998 test 26 game #3
December 1998 test 27 game #3
October 1999 test 29 game #1
June 2001 test 34 game #4
October 2003 test 41 game #3

Grouping - Defined - Moving - Overloaded (2)
June 1994 test 11 game #3
December 2000 test 33 game #3

Grouping - Partially Defined (9)
October 1994 test 12 game #3
December 1992 test 18 game #4
June 1998 test 25 game #1
October 2000 test 32 game #2
December 2002 test 39 game #2
June 2003 test 40 game #3

Grouping - Undefined (6)
October 1997 test 23 game #2
June 2000 test 31 game #2
December 2000 test 33 game #2
December 2001 test 36 game #1
December 2002 test 39 game #4

Grouping/Linear Combination (8)
February 1994 test 10 game #4
December 1994 test 13 game #3
December 1998 test 27 game #2
December 1999 test 30 game #2
June 2000 test 31 game #4
October 2000 test 32 game #1
June 2003 test 40 game #2

Pattern Games (6)
October 1993 test 9 game #3
December 1994 test 13 game #4
February 1994 test 10 game #3
September 1995 test 16 game #4
October 1996 test 20 game #3
October 1997 test 23 game #4

Pure Sequencing (6) Note-much more common in modern games - pay attention
February 1994 test 10 game #1
December 2000 test 33 game #1
October 2002 test 38 game #1

Mapping (3)
October 1993 test 9 game #4
January 1995 test 15 game #2
December 1992 test 18 game #3

Circular Linearity (2)
October 2003 test 41 game #4

Identify the possibilities
June 1994 test 11 game #4
October 1994 test 12 game #4
Last edited by T14 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

170plusX
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: List of games types

Postby 170plusX » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:48 pm

On behalf of everyone, thank you.

Ugly Fat Fat
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:15 pm

Re: List of games types

Postby Ugly Fat Fat » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:09 pm

Without taking Kaplan, where can the Kaplan Mastery book be purchased?

User avatar
paulmar
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:17 pm

Re: List of games types

Postby paulmar » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:32 pm

Now you make me feel like I wasted the hour it took to make my list : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44095

Mark715
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:46 pm

Re: List of games types

Postby Mark715 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:04 pm

Seriously man, thanks a lot!

User avatar
T14
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: List of games types

Postby T14 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:11 pm

paulmar wrote:Now you make me feel like I wasted the hour it took to make my list : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44095


Damn didn't see that... would have saved me some time :cry:

pithypike
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: List of games types

Postby pithypike » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:04 pm

I posted a link to this thread in my LSAT study guide post.

Thanks T14. Great resource.

User avatar
voltron
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: List of games types

Postby voltron » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:09 pm

Ugly Fat Fat wrote:Without taking Kaplan, where can the Kaplan Mastery book be purchased?


Keep checking amazon, they come and go all the time, wait for used a one you get a great deal. When I purchased it was only $6.00

Also search for Kaplans Big Orange book of real LSAT, its the same book as the kaplan mastery, except the questions are in different order.

LSAT_SUCKS

Re: List of games types

Postby LSAT_SUCKS » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:30 pm

That's all fine and dandy but as of late (~4 years or so) LSAC has been following a pattern that sticks to Basic Linear/Grouping games.

Then again, sometimes they just throw in shit that takes you off for a spin (ie, a totally new game type - the "Executive Game" on the Dec. 08 test) :?

sperry
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:52 pm

Re: List of games types

Postby sperry » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:41 pm

There was circular linearity on Feb '08.

User avatar
yoni45
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:12 am

Re: List of games types

Postby yoni45 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:34 pm

LSAT_SUCKS wrote:That's all fine and dandy but as of late (~4 years or so) LSAC has been following a pattern that sticks to Basic Linear/Grouping games.

Then again, sometimes they just throw in shit that takes you off for a spin (ie, a totally new game type - the "Executive Game" on the Dec. 08 test) :?


Exec. game wasn't really a "new type", it was a 2 tier linear/grouping hybrid.

spicegirl
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:09 am

typo

Postby spicegirl » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:15 pm

OP,

January 1995 test 15 game #1 ---> Do you mean JUNE???

User avatar
IWantUWO
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:21 am

Re: List of games types

Postby IWantUWO » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:30 pm

October 2001 is a grouping/linear hybrid , NOT a linear basic

TIMLAW4151
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: List of games types

Postby TIMLAW4151 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:45 pm

Does anyone else find it frustrating with the lack of materials for the Pure Sequencing games? I know they're become more popular (so they say), and it's hard to study them because there are so few old questions.

How am I suppose to practice....

:::sad:::

User avatar
T14
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: List of games types

Postby T14 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:13 pm

spicegirl wrote:OP,

January 1995 test 15 game #1 ---> Do you mean JUNE???


Yes, thank you. I edited the OP to reflect the change.

IWantUWO wrote:October 2001 is a grouping/linear hybrid , NOT a linear basic


Powerscore disagrees. I took a look at the game and see where you are coming from. However, I don't think I would classify it as a hybrid. The specialties are just an added element to the basic linear structure. There is no particular specialties which professors need to be grouped under.

User avatar
IWantUWO
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:21 am

Re: List of games types

Postby IWantUWO » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Alright got ya T14!

User avatar
Jay Phatsby
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: List of games types

Postby Jay Phatsby » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:00 am

T14 wrote:Pithypike's LSAT guide can be found here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41657

In it he lists the different types of games and the # of those types which can be found. However, the only list which matched game types to test #'s is the Powerscore one which categorizes by test # (that I could find anyway). So I thought it might be useful to match game types with test # but categorize them by type. The bracketed numbers are the total number of that type from 7-45 according to Pithypike, so any discrepancy is because I haven't got every test in there (almost though).

Feel free to add to this list or modify and mistakes...

Basic Linear - Balanced (23)
February 1993 test 7 game #1
October 1994 test 12 game #1
December 1994 test 13 game #2
June 1995 test 15 game #1
December 1992 test 18 game #2
June 1996 test 19 game #1
October 1997 test 23 game #1
December 1997 test 24 game #2
September 1998 test 26 game #2
December 1998 test 27 game #1
December 1998 test 27 game #4
June 1999 test 28 game #1
October 1999 test 29 game #3
December 1999 test 30 game #4
October 2000 test 32 game #3
June 2001 test 34 game #3
October 2001 test 35 game #4
June 2003 test 40 game #1
October 2003 test 41 game #1

Basic Linear - Overloaded (5)
February 1994 test 10 game #2
December 1996 test 21 game #2
October 1999 test 29 game #4
June 2001 test 34 game #2

Basic Linear - Underfunded (5)
June 1994 test 11 game #2
January 1995 test 15 game #3
June 2000 test 31 game #3
June 2001 test 34 game #1

Advanced Linear - Balanced (25)
February 1993 test 7 game #2
February 1993 test 7 game #4
February 1995 test 14 game #2
September 1995 test 16 game #2
June 1996 test 19 game #2
October 1996 test 20 game #4
June 1997 test 22 game #2
December 1997 test 24 game #3
June 1998 test 25 game #4
September 1998 test 26 game #1
June 1999 test 28 game #3
June 1999 test 28 game #4
December 1999 test 30 game #3
December 2001 test 36 game #2
December 2001 test 36 game #3
December 2001 test 36 game #4
June 2002 test 37 game #1
June 2002 test 37 game #2
June 2002 test 37 game #4
October 2002 test 38 game #2
October 2002 test 38 game #4
December 2002 test 39 game #1
October 2003 test 41 game #2

Advanced Linear - Overloaded (4)
February 1995 test 14 game #4
June 1997 test 22 game #3
June 2000 test 31 game #1

Advanced Linear - Underfunded (7)
September 1995 test 16 game #3
October 1996 test 20 game #1
December 1996 test 21 game #3
December 1996 test 21 game #4
October 2000 test 32 game #4
December 2000 test 33 game #4
October 2001 test 35 game #3

Advanced Linear – Unbalanced (ID template)
December 2002 test 39 game #3

Grouping - Defined - Fixed - Balanced (10)
October 1994 test 12 game #2
December 1994 test 13 game #1
September 1995 test 16 game #1
December 1992 test 18 game #1
June 1996 test 19 game #3
June 1996 test 19 game #4
June 2002 test 37 game #3
October 2002 test 38 game #3


Grouping - Defined - Fixed - Overloaded (11)
October 1993 test 9 game #2
January 1995 test 15 game #4
October 1996 test 20 game #2
June 1997 test 22 game #4
October 1997 test 23 game #3
December 1997 test 24 game #4
September 1998 test 26 game #4
October 1999 test 29 game #2
October 2001 test 35 game #1
June 2003 test 40 game #4

Grouping - Defined - Fixed - Underfunded (5)
October 1993 test 9 game #1
June 1999 test 28 game #2
December 1999 test 30 game #1
October 2001 test 35 game #2

Grouping - Defined - Moving - Balanced (14)
February 1993 test 7 game #3
June 1994 test 11 game #1
February 1995 test 14 game #1
February 1995 test 14 game #3
December 1996 test 21 game #1
June 1997 test 22 game #1
December 1997 test 24 game #1
June 1998 test 25 game #2
June 1998 test 25 game #3
September 1998 test 26 game #3
December 1998 test 27 game #3
October 1999 test 29 game #1
June 2001 test 34 game #4
October 2003 test 41 game #3

Grouping - Defined - Moving - Overloaded (2)
June 1994 test 11 game #3
December 2000 test 33 game #3

Grouping - Partially Defined (9)
October 1994 test 12 game #3
December 1992 test 18 game #4
June 1998 test 25 game #1
October 2000 test 32 game #2
December 2002 test 39 game #2
June 2003 test 40 game #3

Grouping - Undefined (6)
October 1997 test 23 game #2
June 2000 test 31 game #2
December 2000 test 33 game #2
December 2001 test 36 game #1
December 2002 test 39 game #4

Grouping/Linear Combination (8)
February 1994 test 10 game #4
December 1994 test 13 game #3
December 1998 test 27 game #2
December 1999 test 30 game #2
June 2000 test 31 game #4
October 2000 test 32 game #1
June 2003 test 40 game #2

Pattern Games (6)
October 1993 test 9 game #3
December 1994 test 13 game #4
February 1994 test 10 game #3
September 1995 test 16 game #4
October 1996 test 20 game #3
October 1997 test 23 game #4

Pure Sequencing (6) Note-much more common in modern games - pay attention
February 1994 test 10 game #1
December 2000 test 33 game #1
October 2002 test 38 game #1

Mapping (3)
October 1993 test 9 game #4
January 1995 test 15 game #2
December 1992 test 18 game #3

Circular Linearity (2)
October 2003 test 41 game #4

Identify the possibilities
June 1994 test 11 game #4
October 1994 test 12 game #4


thanks

User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: List of games types

Postby Bikeflip » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Motion to sticky

EDIT: Nvm, see it's in the Pithy thread

User avatar
IWantUWO
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:21 am

Re: List of games types

Postby IWantUWO » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:47 am

I dare someone to do 2003 to 2008.

User avatar
DavidYurman85
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:55 am

Re: List of games types

Postby DavidYurman85 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:56 am

IWantUWO wrote:I dare someone to do 2003 to 2008.


double dog dare

User avatar
IWantUWO
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:21 am

Re: List of games types

Postby IWantUWO » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:23 am

lol triple dare

msweenz
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:53 pm

Re: List of games types

Postby msweenz » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:31 am

IWantUWO wrote:I dare someone to do 2003 to 2008.


They're on the PowerScore site here: http://powerscore.com/gamesbible/content_game_info.cfm

User avatar
IWantUWO
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:21 am

Re: List of games types

Postby IWantUWO » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:46 pm

well played.

lsb
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:46 pm

Re: List of games types

Postby lsb » Sun May 24, 2009 7:28 pm

LSAT_SUCKS wrote:That's all fine and dandy but as of late (~4 years or so) LSAC has been following a pattern that sticks to Basic Linear/Grouping games.

Then again, sometimes they just throw in shit that takes you off for a spin (ie, a totally new game type - the "Executive Game" on the Dec. 08 test) :?


So is there any point in doing the others? Would that just be a waste of time?

User avatar
mallard
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

Re: List of games types

Postby mallard » Sun May 24, 2009 7:34 pm

There is a hybrid on every test now.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JoshLyman13 and 8 guests