Testmasters VS Blueprint

slickerB

Testmasters VS Blueprint

Postby slickerB » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:13 am

There isn’t any Testmasters center near my location.
Can I just buy their course book? Is it any good for self-study? Or shall I buy Blueprint solo?

Any input is appreciated,

:)

aguyingeorgia

Re: Testmasters VS Blueprint

Postby aguyingeorgia » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:02 am

Buy the Powerscore Bibles, copies of real LSATs, and kick tail.

slickerB

Postby slickerB » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:27 am

aguyingeorgia wrote:Buy the Powerscore Bibles, copies of real LSATs, and kick tail.

already got these, two bibles and 30 real LSATs

heard many people here say good things about these two companies, wonder whether their books would be a plus

Pavlov's Cat

Postby Pavlov's Cat » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:32 pm

I'm doing Blueprint Solo and I like it, but I really wanted the structure of a course. The BP program is split into lessons, homeworks, etc. and gives you a suggested schedule, but you can still go at your own pace. I also wanted a program of study that included an RC strategy, which the BP Solo program includes but the bibles obviously do not.

If those things sound appealing (and worth $700 to you) then go for BP Solo. If you feel confident that you can study on your own using the practice LSATs and the bibles, then stick with those. I think you'll be fine either way. It's just a question of personal preference and how much money you want to spend.

slickerB

Postby slickerB » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:25 am

Pavlov's Cat wrote:I'm doing Blueprint Solo and I like it, but I really wanted the structure of a course. The BP program is split into lessons, homeworks, etc. and gives you a suggested schedule, but you can still go at your own pace. I also wanted a program of study that included an RC strategy, which the BP Solo program includes but the bibles obviously do not.

If those things sound appealing (and worth $700 to you) then go for BP Solo. If you feel confident that you can study on your own using the practice LSATs and the bibles, then stick with those. I think you'll be fine either way. It's just a question of personal preference and how much money you want to spend.

Thanks for this!

jpin22

Postby jpin22 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:37 pm

Im in testmasters right now and i think its great. There is explanations online to all of the practice hw and you do alot of it. They break down your diagnostics very well and show which percentage you got on each question type etc. If you have the time and the money, it pretty much forces you to get better and gives you all the resources you need. People have said good things about blueprint too, but i really enjoy testmasters. You cant go wrong with either.

Client8

Postby Client8 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:52 pm

jpin22 wrote:Im in testmasters right now and i think its great. There is explanations online to all of the practice hw and you do alot of it.

Is this a new feature? I took it in january and don't remember any explanations to HW that were online. I do remember Robin's videos, which were pretty helpful and the 82 common flaws, outside of that i don't remember a HW explanation area.

ms. snackmeister

Postby ms. snackmeister » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:07 pm

I scored much higher on my LSAT by taking the Testmasters course, but to be completley honest I don't think the books are adequetly designed to learn from them with out an instructor guiding you through them. There were no videos when I took the class, so I can't comment much on that. I do know that the books are very vague, and the heart of what I learned was from notes I took from the instructor. Good luck.

bjmichel77

Postby bjmichel77 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:25 pm

I am also enrolled in Testmasters right now. It is the first time the class is being offered in Milwaukee, so its very small, which definitely helps. My instructor is great and after only two classes, I have already gotten great techniques and tips that will definitely help raise my score. I was a little leery about TM at first because of the mixed reviews in forums, rumors about using employees to post reviews, and just the general Willy Wonka type secrecy around the company and its strategies. But from what I have seen in the course thus far, it is definitely worth the money and the time to take the full 80 hour course. I guess I will know if I need to eat those words come June 16th.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”