Best online prep for high scorer

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LLBL

New

Best online prep for high scorer

Postby LLBL » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:22 pm

I just took a cold diagnostic and scored 168. My goal is somewhere between 174 and 178. What would be the best online course or one on one for someone with a relatively high initial diagnostic. Also how reproducible on the actual LSAT is this. I took the June 2007 LSAT. Can I just self study and get to 176? My raw scores were LG: 19/23 and for LR : 23/25 and 18/25 and RC: 26/27. I have a full year from now to prepare. I am a full time college student so need to work around my classes and exam schedules. I am not in a location to take an in person exam. Thanks.

MFerraro

New

Re: Best online prep for high scorer

Postby MFerraro » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:25 pm

If you got a 168 on your first diagnostic that is incredibly good. That means your area of weakness is very specific and small. Taking a complete course would only waste your time and delay your results, I believe. I would focus on self-studying and finding your specific areas of weakness and spending time on that by referring to explanations. If you are continued being stuck, maybe get a tutor. That's just my two scents but you are definitely a prospect to achieve mid to high 170's in a matter of a few months if you study right.

MFerraro

New

Postby MFerraro » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:26 pm

If you got a 168 on your first diagnostic that is incredibly good. That means your area of weakness is very specific and small. Taking a complete course would only waste your time and delay your results, I believe. I would focus on self-studying and finding your specific areas of weakness and spending time on that by referring to explanations. If you are continued being stuck, maybe get a tutor. That's just my two cents but you are definitely a prospect to achieve mid to high 170's in a matter of a few months if you study right.

LLBL

New

Postby LLBL » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:03 pm

Thanks.

QContinuum

Postby QContinuum » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:41 pm

LLBL wrote:I just took a cold diagnostic and scored 168. My goal is somewhere between 174 and 178. What would be the best online course or one on one for someone with a relatively high initial diagnostic. Also how reproducible on the actual LSAT is this. I took the June 2007 LSAT. Can I just self study and get to 176? My raw scores were LG: 19/23 and for LR : 23/25 and 18/25 and RC: 26/27. I have a full year from now to prepare. I am a full time college student so need to work around my classes and exam schedules. I am not in a location to take an in person exam. Thanks.

IMO, no need to take an actual course unless you really need the structure to motivate you to study. I self-studied and did very well on the LSAT (within your target range). I just used the PowerScore books, plus lots and lots of old LSATs to drill. My main weakness was LG, so I mostly drilled LG sections. If your RC performance is reproducible (definitely do a couple more RC sections first to make sure), I don't think you need to spend much/any time prepping there.

LLBL

New

Postby LLBL » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:54 pm

Thanks. That was my inclination but wasn't sure. I'll take a few more practice tests to see if my results are reproducible and then just take work on logic games and logical reasoning.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�