June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
17%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
12%

Total votes: 143

Pozzo

Gold

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Post by Pozzo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:38 am

InterLaw wrote:
I leave with a question though. The score is scaled considering the percentiles, thus in relation with the other thousands of people taking it, right? This is why a hard test har a -13 curve while an easy one has a -10, am I wrong? Does that mean that my score scaling depends on how we 6 in Italy + 20ish all around Europe did that?

See you later...
Hey Inter, taking a nondisclosed test is tough. February-takers and Sabbath observers here in the States deal with the same frustrations. The good news, however, is that for most people, your strengths and weaknesses on test day closely mirror those in prep. A lot of people underperform their prep by a couple of points, but from what I've seen, their performance by sections tends to line up with prep.

As for the curve, it's a bit more complicated than a straight curve. The point of the experimental section is for LSAC to "test" questions for future dates. Based on the difficulty of the questions that ultimately end up on the test, they set the scale. They then check the scale after the administration of the test to make sure there's nothing crazy there. So if the questions on your test proved to be more difficult to all the students who took them in experimental tests and to all the international and Feb. takers who took that actual test, it would be a more generous curve. So, to your question, no, your curve will not be set by a couple of dozen takers, but by thousands upon thousands of takers like any other administration of the test.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:45 am

AnthonyCo wrote:This was from the other thread, this is serious everyone I'm actually focusing on self-confirming bias posts that say keeping my score would be better. Please advice.

vtdelt wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
AnthonyCo wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
AnthonyCo wrote:Hello,

I started "studying" two weeks ago. I took my first timed practice test and got a very low score of 150. I have 1 hour and 15 minutes left to withdraw... Should I?

Is this for real? If your goal is T14, yes.

Yea.. is for real.. also I accidentally skipped a question and in the middle of the first section I had to redo everything... But I think I'll just take the L.. deal with the low score... I think this will be particularly lower than my practice test, there were a lot of readind stuff I couldn't understand..

Also I only answere 6 of the LG, I guessed B on the rest.

Keep in touch everyone let me know if y'all need a paralegal :( :( :( :cry:
Your cancel will look much better than any score you could possibly get while guessing on an entire section.
+180.

I still think we're being trolled but if this is for real and your goal is T14 CANCEL and retake after you hit a PT average around or above the 75% of your #1 school depending on your GPA and time out of school.
I said it before and I'll say it again, CANCEL. There is NO WAY you got a score you'll be happy with if you guessed as much as you did.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:56 am

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaydreamNation

Bronze

Post by DaydreamNation » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:58 am

I'll just say this...if I don't get into any good law schools then becoming a dowser is def #2 on my list of career choices now

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:08 am

I edited out some information on specific LSAT questions that were pushing the envelope. If I have to come back in here it will be bloody.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:16 am

After sleeping on it, I don't feel as confident as I did yesterday. I still think I did well, but there's a legit chance I didn't even hit 170. It's hard for me to gauge it the more I think about it. I could be anywhere from a 168-178 I have no idea.

Blougram

New

Post by Blougram » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:19 am

So, our proctor forgot to give the 5-minute warning during the RC section. After the test, she told us that she will fill out an irregularity report and submit it to LSAC. If this is deemed an irregularity, does that mean that everyone affected will have to retake the section ro the full test, or that they will be given the option to do so? I am confident that I did not do worse than -1 on RC, and don't particularly fancy retaking that section.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:32 am

After a night on it, I'm still feeling ok. RC is the big determinate for me but I'm really confident in my LR and lg.

Neil_Gorsuch

New

Post by Neil_Gorsuch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:36 am

Last edited by Neil_Gorsuch on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:37 am

MediocreAtBest wrote:After sleeping on it, I don't feel as confident as I did yesterday. I still think I did well, but there's a legit chance I didn't even hit 170. It's hard for me to gauge it the more I think about it. I could be anywhere from a 168-178 I have no idea.
This morning I woke up with a paranoia that I had misbubbled most of the easy LG section

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:37 am

Blougram wrote:So, our proctor forgot to give the 5-minute warning during the RC section. After the test, she told us that she will fill out an irregularity report and submit it to LSAC. If this is deemed an irregularity, does that mean that everyone affected will have to retake the section ro the full test, or that they will be given the option to do so? I am confident that I did not do worse than -1 on RC, and don't particularly fancy retaking that section.
That wouldn't happen. All that will happen is that there will be some type of mark next to your score that indicates the irregularity. But if you ended up going well, you should fine either way.

Amerision

Bronze

Post by Amerision » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:38 am

Will we all be posting scores in this thread when we get them back? I'm insanely curious to know what all of you got.
Last edited by Amerision on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:41 am

MediocreAtBest wrote:After sleeping on it, I don't feel as confident as I did yesterday. I still think I did well, but there's a legit chance I didn't even hit 170. It's hard for me to gauge it the more I think about it. I could be anywhere from a 168-178 I have no idea.
I woke up feeling weird about the test, too. I had several nightmares last night that the test we took wasn't real and I had to take the real test and couldn't do any of the logic games. I woke up hours before my alarms and couldn't go back to sleep because of it :?
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:44 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:After a night on it, I'm still feeling ok. RC is the big determinate for me but I'm really confident in my LR and lg.
my predictive breakdown for your results are -0LG, -1LR, -3RC

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:47 am

Mikey wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:After a night on it, I'm still feeling ok. RC is the big determinate for me but I'm really confident in my LR and lg.
I have a kind of irrational confidence that this will be my breakdown as well. I feel really good about that test, but I've been let down before by PTs sooo...

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:50 am

so when are the PW's going to come rolling out?

come on, waiters. show us what you've got!

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:51 am

dm1683 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
I have a kind of irrational confidence that this will be my breakdown as well. I feel really good about that test, but I've been let down before by PTs sooo...
For me its -0LG, the best I've done on LR is -3 and I think I could've hit that yesterday, and RC anywhere from -0 to -6 lol. I'm usually pretty solid on RC though so i'm trying not to worry too much.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Whale

New

Post by Whale » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:00 pm

During my LR I started thinking about how sprinkle is such a weird word. Like, the stuff you put on cupcakes. A sprinkle is a single particle, but a sprinkle of sprinkles is several particles. I think that might've cost me a point. :lol:

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:02 pm

Neil_Gorsuch wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Neil_Gorsuch wrote:I'm pretty confident about LR and first 3 sections of RC. Don't think I got any wrong on first 3 RC passages and at least one of the LR sections. The last logic game, although very easy, had some looseness on a question or two that I found strange since I'm pretty confident all my rules and setup were correct. Similarly, one or two of the last RC questions gave me a little trouble. Other than that, I feel pretty good about it. Thankfully, the LR section I felt least confident about ended up being experimental.
You had more trouble with the dowsing passage than the inferring thoughts passage? I find that fascinating.
No, the judges. I think that we got different orders for RC.

I actually think that inferring thoughts was pretty okay.
I thought this too. The comparative passage for me was the hardest.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:13 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:
Neil_Gorsuch wrote:
Neil_Gorsuch wrote:I'm pretty confident about LR and first 3 sections of RC. Don't think I got any wrong on first 3 RC passages and at least one of the LR sections. The last logic game, although very easy, had some looseness on a question or two that I found strange since I'm pretty confident all my rules and setup were correct. Similarly, one or two of the last RC questions gave me a little trouble. Other than that, I feel pretty good about it. Thankfully, the LR section I felt least confident about ended up being experimental.
You had more trouble with the dowsing passage than the inferring thoughts passage? I find that fascinating.
Weird. I thought the comparative section was the easiest of the 4, followed by dowsing. Makes me wonder if I just missed a bunch of Q's

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Easiest LG section ever.
RC was difficult but not impossible.
26Q LR section was pretty normal.
25Q LR section was quite difficult (assuming the section with heavy isotopes was real)
Yep heavy isotopes was real, and a real pain in the ass. Think I got that one right but after soooo much time.
This question and the chimps were both really easy to me. The more I read these boards, the more I'm confused by my own LSAT skillz.

I'm calling a -9 curve.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:15 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:
Neil_Gorsuch wrote:
Weird. I thought the comparative section was the easiest of the 4, followed by dowsing. Makes me wonder if I just missed a bunch of Q's

Retweet. But I'm legit about to google Dowsing because there's no way that shit's real. JUST WAVING BRANCHES? TO FIND WATER? WTF?

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:22 pm

Oh I had to tell my proctors to shut up during LG. They were like nice about it and understood but it's still annoying. They had never proctored before and were really confused in procedure

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Oh I had to tell my proctors to shut up during LG. They were like nice about it and understood but it's still annoying. They had never proctored before and were really confused in procedure
SAVAGE haha

I prob would've done the same tbh, but I would've lost my shit if they were talking during RC. I need my full concentration for RC. :roll:

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:23 pm

dm1683 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Lolol that's actually what I think my breakdown is, maybe -3/4 in LR and -3 in RC. I'm pretty confident I did it get worse that -3 there.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”