Prospects for improvement Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Whittie

Bronze

Prospects for improvement

Post by Whittie » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:35 pm

Hey all,

I've been working with a tutor for about two months now, and recently finished the concepts portion of the course. I've taken about 7 PT's now and have scored 169, 169, 170, 172, 169, 176, and 168. I am currently signed up to take the September test. My question is this: as I am just entering the PT phase, and have not done any review, weakness-specific drilling or blind review, can I expect an increase in my average? I feel as though my real average is about a 170, and want to get to a 173+. Is this a reasonable expectation for the September test, and what should my next month and a half look like for preparation?

Thanks!

galadriel3019

New

Re: Prospects for improvement

Post by galadriel3019 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:39 am

It would be difficult for anyone to give you a guarantee. It seems you still have some important aspects of studying to do, which should make you a more capable test taker and thus possibly increase your score. That being said, none of us can tell how well you will retain those concepts, whether you will experience burn out, etc.

I would be careful about looking at what you are averaging on your tests. Telling yourself "I'm averaging X", seems like a sure fire way to blind yourself to what weaknesses you do have. Your results are fluctuating, so focus on why that might be happening, not "this is my average". You have time, just keep up your hard work! Good luck.

Whittie wrote:Hey all,

I've been working with a tutor for about two months now, and recently finished the concepts portion of the course. I've taken about 7 PT's now and have scored 169, 169, 170, 172, 169, 176, and 168. I am currently signed up to take the September test. My question is this: as I am just entering the PT phase, and have not done any review, weakness-specific drilling or blind review, can I expect an increase in my average? I feel as though my real average is about a 170, and want to get to a 173+. Is this a reasonable expectation for the September test, and what should my next month and a half look like for preparation?

Thanks!

RamTitan

Silver

Re: Prospects for improvement

Post by RamTitan » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:15 pm

What problems are you missing?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”