Testing Centers in Southern California

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dadownclub8

New

Testing Centers in Southern California

Postby dadownclub8 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:08 am

Hi. Wondering if anybody has recommendations for particular test centers in southern California. Seems like the threads in regards to this are a bit older so if anybody has taken recently and has input that would be appreciated especially if there are comments about test centers in the OC area. Thanks!

BobLobLaw11

New

Re: Testing Centers in Southern California

Postby BobLobLaw11 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:19 am

Redfactor

Bronze

Postby Redfactor » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:23 am

In general, I would suggest staying away from major universities, as (1) many students take the LSAT and thus the likelihood that you'll be placed into a large auditorium with those fold-over desks is decent, and (2) noise.

I think the best place to take the LSAT is at a TTT law school. They tend to have very nice facilities and no law school will have desks. They should all have big tables. There seems to be a push in TTT schools to overcompensate on amenities in order to project that they are a serious law school. Reap the reward for test-taking purposes and know that you'll never step foot in the building again haha.

I took the LSAT once at a large university and regretted it; I was hit with fold-over desks and 100+ test takers in the lecture hall.

I took it again at La Verne and the experience was fantastic. There weren't many test takers, the tables were enormous and the chairs were very comfortable. Plus, I didn't see anyone freaking out; I don't think there were many with lofty expectations.

Getting away from the crowd, especially others gunning for T-14, made my experience much nicer.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:57 am

Ive taken/heard good things about Saddleback (my personal rec), Chapman, ivc, concordia, western, and redlands.

momoyome

Bronze

Postby momoyome » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:30 pm

University of West Los Angeles Chatsworth is my total jam. It's in an industrial park. Had a whole table to myself and I was pretty far away from the next closest test taken. The table was a good 4-5 feet long and maybe two-3 feet deep. No stress about finding the location since it's such a small "campus" (it's the second floor of an industrial building). The proctors were nice (they worked at the school) and I wouldn't think of taking it elsewhere. Maybe there were 40 people in the room? It was two classrooms with the partition opened up. Area is totally silent, there's no noise from the businesses in the surrounding area.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�