Using leftover PTs efficiently Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
yunjh1066

New

Using leftover PTs efficiently

Post by yunjh1066 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:30 pm

Hi,

So I have 71-75 (will buy 76 when it becomes available) and 58,59,66,67,68 left.
I do about 6-7sections every time I take a test. I take 2 PTs per week.

My question is, until the December LSAT, is it better to continue doing 6-7 sections (for endurance) and use 2 of these fresh PTs when I take a test?OR, is it better to do, at one sitting, one unused PT and use older PTs that I already used to do those extra 2 sections?
I am not sure if doing 7 sections by using two new PTs is wasting my chance to take more PTs vs. doing one new PT and using older ones to do extra sections.

Thanks in advance!!!

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Re: Using leftover PTs efficiently

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:11 pm

yunjh1066 wrote:Hi,

So I have 71-75 (will buy 76 when it becomes available) and 58,59,66,67,68 left.
I do about 6-7sections every time I take a test. I take 2 PTs per week.

My question is, until the December LSAT, is it better to continue doing 6-7 sections (for endurance) and use 2 of these fresh PTs when I take a test?OR, is it better to do, at one sitting, one unused PT and use older PTs that I already used to do those extra 2 sections?
I am not sure if doing 7 sections by using two new PTs is wasting my chance to take more PTs vs. doing one new PT and using older ones to do extra sections.

Thanks in advance!!!
First off, 6 or 7 sections! That's intense. I commend your dedication, though I hope it isn't burning you out.

I would use a hybrid of new and old preptests. Do the 5-section new PT, and take one or two old sections from earlier PTs. Do them preferably last. This way you can get an accurate idea of how you would have actually scored on the LSAT by just looking at your performance in the first 5 sections. Considering that the recent PTs are as close to your actual LSAT as you're going to get, it'll be useful to know how you did on them specifically.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”