Progressing from Older to Newer LG Sections Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
negligee

New

Progressing from Older to Newer LG Sections

Post by negligee » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:01 pm

What are the main differences between older and more recent LG sections? I'm currently on PT 25 and I've noticed a few peculiar games that stand out (i.e. I've never tackled games of their kind before and they (widely) differ from the typical sequencing or grouping games). IIRC, many assert that newer LG sections tend to feature more typical games I should have encountered before. How true is this?

Also, is there any specific PT or range of PTs where I witness this transition? How will my LG score change when I progress?

Petrichor

Bronze

Re: Progressing from Older to Newer LG Sections

Post by Petrichor » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:41 pm

newer LG are generally easier, there was a stretch in the 50s and 60s which had very easy games but recent games are slightly more difficult. if you have no problem with games in the 30s and 40s you are most likely in amazing shape for LG

Oskosh

Silver

Re: Progressing from Older to Newer LG Sections

Post by Oskosh » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:47 pm

No, they're not. The more difficult games that are throwing people off are because they are failing to account for pattern games, which are in themselves very easy and learnable.

The difference between old games and new games is that the new games are much simpler and formulaic. If you adhere to the fundamentals of the logic games section (diagram with efficacy, use templates when necessary, make deductions from your diagrams/templates), then the logic games section should be a breeze for you. I felt like it was the easiest section of the June test, except for the pesky rule substitution question, of which you'll have at least one on the games (they can get very difficult).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”