Help With A Few Problems Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Lying Lawyer

New

Help With A Few Problems

Post by Lying Lawyer » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:50 pm

Ok so I've noticed I have a few problems when I test. The first thing is my mistakes. I am making a few mistakes or I lose time because I don't read carefully enough. I guess these are the "careless" mistakes. I'll miss when a question says what MBT "EXCEPT." Other than forcing myself to read more carefully, I am curious if anyone has any other help with this.

The second one is the nerves. I have gone through LR Bible and Manhattan LR. I feel very good and strong about myself. I've answered a fair amount of questions. I have trained myself to find the conclusion first if it exists and the supporting premise(s). If it's an assumption, I can find the assumption fairly easily or the flaw. When I'm testing it's like a freeze sometimes. I freeze, I have difficulty understanding and I have to read it twice or three times. I am averaging -6 per LR section. When I go back, 2-3 are easy on review. The answer practically jumps off the page at me. I don't understand if it's nerves or what. Do I need more drilling or what? I have been out of school for 10 years so I don't know if that plays a part. It's frustrating knowing i can easily get 5-6 more questions right just with a little more care and focus. I don't know if it's just lack of practice or what. I wonder if perhaps as I drill if reading the stimulus and making myself recite it in my head might help with understanding it better the first time? Anyone have similar problems and how have you dealt with them. Thanks.

BP Robert

Bronze

Re: Help With A Few Problems

Post by BP Robert » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:13 am

You should throw time out the window and practice very slow and methodical readings. The best study method is to first work without regard for timing and get yourself to the point where you're scoring consistently over 170 and have a mastery over every concept. Only then should you start trying to get faster and make time.

Best luck,

Blueprint LSAT Prep

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”