Canceling June Scores? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sovs

New

Canceling June Scores?

Post by sovs » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:25 pm

I'm thinking about canceling my scores from Monday's sitting, but I wanted some advice first.

I was consistently scoring in the low 170s on practice tests, and the lowest score I got was 165 (which was my first diagnostic). I've never had problems with finishing sections, except for LG, but I've improved upon that in the month leading up to the test. I'm usually -1 or -2 on RC and LR and then -2 or -3 on LG.

I choked on Monday. I wasn't feeling well going into the test, but I thought I could pull through. My test was RC-LR-LG-LR-LG, with the first LG being experimental. I couldn't any of the first three sections and blindly guessed 15 questions total in the first half. I recovered over the break and did much better with timing on the second half - I made two educated guesses in LR, but had to blindly guess most of the last LG (guessed 3/5 questions on the last game).

Basically, it was a complete mess for me. I know that I won't be able to score within my usual range, but I could still walk away with a semi-decent score, especially considering that the -1 or -2 for RC and LR and the -2 or -3 on LG usually happen at the end of those sections, meaning that some of the questions that I guessed would have been the questions that I got wrong anyway. I figure I should land between 164 and 168. I will be retaking the test in September regardless of what I decide to do with these scores, because my top three choices are all T14, but I wonder if it would hurt me to keep the score from this test.

Should I cancel so that this score doesn't act like a kind of black mark on my record, or should I keep it and use it to apply to my safeties so I can go ahead and get those applications out of the way?

Calbears123

Bronze

Re: Canceling June Scores?

Post by Calbears123 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:42 pm

The general consensus seems to be that law schools now are really only interested in your highest score. With that being said if you think you managed a 168 I wouldn't cancel. A cancel score still counts as a take and with a good GPA or even an average one a 167 or a 168 still gives you a possible shot at a T 14. I rather have a score like that on my record going into September then nothing (would take a bit pressure off). Had a friend get into Boalt with a 163. I say just roll with it and keep your score

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”