The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:59 pm

Hand

Gold

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by Hand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:00 pm

smccgrey wrote:
hereisonehand wrote: First there will be the waiters thread
Things in the waiters thread are going to get REAL STRANGE. Just a guess.
It'll all be fun and games - 'till the scores come out.

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:01 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BJS wrote:I'm going to be oddly sad when we all disperse across the "X Law C/O 2018" threads. I hope I end up at a law school with at least one of you!
What are your top choices? I'm sure for a lot of you guys it's HYSCCN or bust...

And don't worry, I have a feeling we will all be up in the general c/o 18 thread, keeping it hilarious.
I really want Duke, but higher than 172 would let me gun for CCN and UVA. The problem is that I'm from the South, like the South (excluding its politics), and want to stay in the South longterm absent a compelling opportunity elsewhere. CCN don't fit that nearly as well as Duke and, to a lesser extent, UVA do. I'll apply to H, but don't really expect to attend because of COA.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:06 pm

BJS wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
BJS wrote:I'm going to be oddly sad when we all disperse across the "X Law C/O 2018" threads. I hope I end up at a law school with at least one of you!
What are your top choices? I'm sure for a lot of you guys it's HYSCCN or bust...

And don't worry, I have a feeling we will all be up in the general c/o 18 thread, keeping it hilarious.
I really want Duke, but higher than 172 would let me gun for CCN and UVA. The problem is that I'm from the South, like the South (excluding its politics), and want to stay in the South longterm absent a compelling opportunity elsewhere. CCN don't fit that nearly as well as Duke and, to a lesser extent, UVA do. I'll apply to H, but don't really expect to attend because of COA.
The triangle is cool, 'cept for the 100 degree heat and 100% humidity summer

Grey you trying for UVA as well, besides GTown? It's sorta within driving distance from DC

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:10 pm

hereisonehand wrote:The triangle is cool, 'cept for the 100 degree heat and 100% humidity summer
I worked in the tourism field for a summer in Charleston, SC. The eight hour days outside in wool pants were brutal, but my (farmers) tan was B-R-U-T-A-L.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:19 pm

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:20 pm

BJS wrote:I really want Duke, but higher than 172 would let me gun for CCN and UVA. The problem is that I'm from the South, like the South (excluding its politics), and want to stay in the South longterm absent a compelling opportunity elsewhere. CCN don't fit that nearly as well as Duke and, to a lesser extent, UVA do. I'll apply to H, but don't really expect to attend because of COA.
have u ever lived anywhere but the south in this case talking mainly NYC since thats where 2/3rds of CCN are located

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:21 pm

smccgrey wrote: FUN FACT, I don't drive. I'm a goddamn adult with no license.
FUN FACT so am I :D

ETA nonetheless also applying to UVA on the assumption I will have remedied this situation by next fall
Last edited by Hand on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:23 pm

smccgrey wrote:
hereisonehand wrote: Grey you trying for UVA as well, besides GTown? It's sorta within driving distance from DC
FUN FACT, I don't drive. I'm a goddamn adult with no license.

But yes, I will apply to UVA probably.
do canadian licenses play in the us or would u have to take a driving test here

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:24 pm

BillPackets wrote:
BJS wrote:I really want Duke, but higher than 172 would let me gun for CCN and UVA. The problem is that I'm from the South, like the South (excluding its politics), and want to stay in the South longterm absent a compelling opportunity elsewhere. CCN don't fit that nearly as well as Duke and, to a lesser extent, UVA do. I'll apply to H, but don't really expect to attend because of COA.
have u ever lived anywhere but the south in this case talking mainly NYC since thats where 2/3rds of CCN are located
Nope! Born in one state of the Deep South and have lived in another for 22 years. The problem, of course, is that the vast majority of (and easiest to get) BigLaw jobs are in NYC, so every T14 sends a chunk of grads there. Southern BigLaw just isn't that big and is (apparently) very hard to break into. Inevitably, I can't exclude working outside of the South, so I am comfortable choosing between T14 schools based largely on COA/Employment rather than focusing on employment location.

I'm so jealous of everyone who doesn't have a license. I drive 2000+ business miles per month and I'm sick of driving.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:25 pm

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:26 pm

BJS wrote:
I'm so jealous of everyone who doesn't have a license. I drive 2000+ business miles per month and I'm sick of driving.
Nothing to be jealous of, really - try taking public transport anywhere outside NYC/SF/DC

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:27 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:30 pm

smccgrey wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
BJS wrote:
Nothing to be jealous of, really - try taking public transport anywhere outside NYC/SF/DC
Toronto and Montreal are totally fine without a car too. Boston was fine when we visited. We left the rental parked at the B&B in Cambridge and took the subway everywhere.
Toronto and Montreal are not in AMERICA though you know

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:35 pm

BJS wrote:Nope! Born in one state of the Deep South and have lived in another for 22 years. The problem, of course, is that the vast majority of (and easiest to get) BigLaw jobs are in NYC, so every T14 sends a chunk of grads there. Southern BigLaw just isn't that big and is (apparently) very hard to break into. Inevitably, I can't exclude working outside of the South, so I am comfortable choosing between T14 schools based largely on COA/Employment rather than focusing on employment location.

well my antipathy towards nyc n that region has been discussed i luv the south went to school in asheville, NC which obvs isnt "the south" bc asheville is kind of an anomaly but yeah southern lifestyle is much better than nyc obvs i mean idk if u r gunnin for the south y not stay in the south just 2 show that u really want 2 b there

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:35 pm

smccgrey wrote:
hereisonehand wrote: First there will be the waiters thread
Things in the waiters thread are going to get REAL STRANGE. Just a guess.
Idk if I'll TLS after the 27th. I mean I was only here for the studying help.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:36 pm

smccgrey wrote:I have literally never missed it. Especially now that I have a personal chauffeur/husband.

I passed the first road test. We were supposed to do a second road test after a year, but I moved away for school and it expired. eeewpss

And Bill, yes, Canadian licenses are fine, and vice versa.
im disappointed about that cuz i was gonna make a joke about BigDriversEd or something but too bad

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:36 pm

BillPackets wrote:
BJS wrote:Nope! Born in one state of the Deep South and have lived in another for 22 years. The problem, of course, is that the vast majority of (and easiest to get) BigLaw jobs are in NYC, so every T14 sends a chunk of grads there. Southern BigLaw just isn't that big and is (apparently) very hard to break into. Inevitably, I can't exclude working outside of the South, so I am comfortable choosing between T14 schools based largely on COA/Employment rather than focusing on employment location.

well my antipathy towards nyc n that region has been discussed i luv the south went to school in asheville, NC which obvs isnt "the south" bc asheville is kind of an anomaly but yeah southern lifestyle is much better than nyc obvs i mean idk if u r gunnin for the south y not stay in the south just 2 show that u really want 2 b there
U don't know what you got til it's gone so u can't know what you like Til u leave

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:37 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Idk if I'll TLS after the 27th. I mean I was only here for the studying help.
sfoglia wrote:Image

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:45 pm

Turn up with Colonel_crunk!

@Grey My hubby, during his early, untrained days, took me on a "surprise winter getaway" to Montreal. We spent most of it with the huddled masses in the underground mall/city. (Au Pied de Cochon and the jazz saved our relationship, though.) So you're saying it's not always like that.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

accessislife

Bronze

Post by accessislife » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:45 pm

ErgoSum wrote:Also, still feeling like a neglected child!
I have PT's 67-72 to do before the exam. Should I do one every day this week to get through them all, or just pick 3 of them and space them out? If I space them out, any of them more difficult than the rest?
IMHO the 70s are different enough from the late 60s that you should get those in under the wire if Sept is your main shot

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:46 pm

accessislife wrote:
I have PT's 67-72 to do before the exam. Should I do one every day this week to get through them all, or just pick 3 of them and space them out? If I space them out, any of them more difficult than the rest?
IMHO the 70s are different enough from the late 60s that you should get those in under the wire if Sept is your main shot
Regardless of what you do, don't take a PT every day though, that sounds like absolute overkill

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:47 pm

Just did, what I think is, a particularly tough LG section and got -0. So I've sorta mentally decided that I'm as prepared as I can be in that regard. RC doe. Gotta get better. It would leave me with hella confidence if I could get everything else down to below -3

accessislife

Bronze

Post by accessislife » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:48 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
accessislife wrote:
Regardless of what you do, don't take a PT every day though, that sounds like absolute overkill

oops - agree do the 3 spaced out - otherwise you won't have enough time to review and retain why you got qs wrong

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”