Post removed. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
snagglepuss

Gold

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Post by snagglepuss » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:51 pm

scoobers wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:Did everyone leave, or did the waiter/lounge conversation snag's asskissing send people back into hiding?
LOL. Fair enough.

E: But you seem kinda rustled.

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:52 pm

aschup wrote:
scoobers wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:Did everyone leave, or did the waiter/lounge conversation snag's asskissing send people back into hiding?
You were pretty testy when that app waiting thread got moved the other day. You all right bro?
i'm all good, but thanks for looking out for me. i know you have my best interests at heart.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:54 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

snagglepuss

Gold

Post by snagglepuss » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:57 pm

scoobers wrote:
aschup wrote:
scoobers wrote:
You were pretty testy when that app waiting thread got moved the other day. You all right bro?
i'm all good, but thanks for looking out for me. i know you have my best interests at heart.
Careful. You're getting dangerously close to derailing your mod campaign here.
Tea wrote:I guess my analogy would be that waiters are comfortable 8th graders, having MASTERED the art of middle school and the lounge is the "scary" high school where they'll have to start from scratch.
I like it a lot aside from the caps "mastered".

muzzy

Bronze

Post by muzzy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Last edited by muzzy on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Post removed.

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:59 pm

snagglepuss wrote:
scoobers wrote:
LOL. Fair enough.

:roll:

not rustled, just annoyed with the constant "shit posters are shitty the solution is to not be shitty" conversation that has shown up in three different places in the last week. not gonna lie i don't think it is working.

let the december waiters have their fun, and while they are at it, come up with some guidelines for them when they join the lounge. i think it might work better than the typical "just don't be a shitty poster" stuff.

i know loungers or mods or ratfukr or someone cares at least enough to put guidelines up, as they care at least enough to argue about it for eleven pages

p.s. in general though i find 98% of the shit thrown at me funny and well-deserved. can't speak for other waiters though.

goldenboy514

Silver

Post by goldenboy514 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:03 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
dosto wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:Did everyone leave, or did the waiter/lounge conversation send people back into hiding?
Probably a bit of both it looks like. What's your take on people's lounge fear Tea?
It's unsurprising. This board is saturated with "ambitious" 0Ls, many of whom likely lack interpersonal skills or have some degree of social anxiety, and these users feel "safe" here, since it's a relatively friendly and accepting board. No one really stomps out the meritless shitposting.

I guess my analogy would be that waiters are comfortable 8th graders, having MASTERED the art of middle school and the lounge is the "scary" high school where they'll have to start from scratch.

edit because i'm bad at grammar
There is definitely people that are scared of posting in this thread, and many subsequent threads I think. Some threads have a much chiller atmosphere, and some are like the "popular girls" in high school that that thought they were hot shit, but really didn't understand that Rocawear and Timberland boots were ghetto.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Post removed.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dosto

Silver

Post by dosto » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:08 pm

Last edited by dosto on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:09 pm

the lounge is fine, the waiting threads are fine; personally think everyone needs to get over his high-and-mightiness. if a set of people is getting something (entertainment, enlightenment, boredom-reducing shitpoasting) out of a given thread, then what does it matter what the content is?

to each his (or her, hi scoobers!) own, i say

snagglepuss

Gold

Post by snagglepuss » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:09 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:
Tea wrote:I guess my analogy would be that waiters are comfortable 8th graders, having MASTERED the art of middle school and the lounge is the "scary" high school where they'll have to start from scratch.
I like it a lot aside from the caps "mastered".
Sorry. I was trying to express the violent pride of an excitable aspie.
My bad. I missed the scope of how powerful and deep your analogy ran. Nicely done.

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:09 pm

I'm crowd-sourcing guidelines in the Lounge. Will report back.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:10 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:the lounge is fine, the waiting threads are fine; personally think everyone needs to get over his high-and-mightiness. if a set of people is getting something (entertainment, enlightenment, boredom-reducing shitpoasting) out of a given thread, then what does it matter what the content is?

to each his (or her, hi scoobers!) own, i say
ilu for all of that and i didn't even see my shoutout the first time <3

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:11 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:
There is definitely people that are scared of posting in this thread, and many subsequent threads I think. Some threads have a much chiller atmosphere, and some are like the "popular girls" in high school that that thought they were hot shit, but really didn't understand that Rocawear and Timberland boots were ghetto.
I understand waiters fear even less than I understand lounge fear.
I think this isn't fear of "lounge" or fear of "waiters"...it's fear of diving into a totally new social group. It's like walking into lunch on the first day of a new school and not knowing where to sit.

dosto

Silver

Post by dosto » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:11 pm

Last edited by dosto on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

snagglepuss

Gold

Post by snagglepuss » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:12 pm

scoobers wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:
scoobers wrote:
LOL. Fair enough.

:roll:

not rustled, just annoyed with the constant "shit posters are shitty the solution is to not be shitty" conversation that has shown up in three different places in the last week. not gonna lie i don't think it is working.

let the december waiters have their fun, and while they are at it, come up with some guidelines for them when they join the lounge. i think it might work better than the typical "just don't be a shitty poster" stuff.

i know loungers or mods or ratfukr or someone cares at least enough to put guidelines up, as they care at least enough to argue about it for eleven pages

p.s. in general though i find 98% of the shit thrown at me funny and well-deserved. can't speak for other waiters though.
You're right that this topic is being beaten beyond six feet under. I admire your resilience in the face of a lot of criticism that went too far and got too personal. Your suggestions also seem constructive. Well said.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

muzzy

Bronze

Post by muzzy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:13 pm

wealtheow

Silver

Post by wealtheow » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:14 pm

wtrc wrote::) all good. Is everyone here planning on having apps 100% ready to send the day scores are out?
i ammmmmmm

goldenboy514

Silver

Post by goldenboy514 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:15 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:
I think this isn't fear of "lounge" or fear of "waiters"...it's fear of diving into a totally new social group. It's like walking into lunch on the first day of a new school and not knowing where to sit.
The lounge is like when there's 2 foreigners talking in their native language right in front of you. You know there talking about you, but you dont understand what it means and you're powerless to stop it.
Last edited by goldenboy514 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muzzy

Bronze

Post by muzzy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:15 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:15 pm

wealtheow wrote:
wtrc wrote::) all good. Is everyone here planning on having apps 100% ready to send the day scores are out?
i ammmmmmm
Same

snagglepuss

Gold

Post by snagglepuss » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:17 pm

muzzy wrote:Oh my, I just realized that I can become a night owl again now that I don't have to wake up to PT. Glorious. It's time for coffee.
Embrace it. After dinner coffee is a sure sign that you're living a life worth living.

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:17 pm

dosto wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:
Well not exactly. I mean, in person it's one thing, but over the internet?
I guess because I've made some (sorta-)IRL friends off TLS, the line has blurred for me.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Post removed.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”