October 2013 International (non-US) Test Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
foreverhoping

New

October 2013 International (non-US) Test

Post by foreverhoping » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:25 am

I took mine in Tokyo, any other TLSers out there that just took the October 2013 LSAT? Thoughts on the test/curve?

jk123

New

Re: October 2013 International (non-US) Test

Post by jk123 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:41 am

Just took it in Hong Kong.

I had LG-LR-LG-RC-LR. Felt good about the LR/RC, but I found to first LG to be excessively difficult (the first game was itineraries, the second game was about plows, and I forget the last two), but I'm hoping that my first LG was experimental and my second LG, which went well, is the real one (one was about stations being upgraded, another about pastries, and the last about roses and floats). I just read in the US forums that the one with pastries was the experimental, which would be terrible, but I'm hoping that maybe it's different in Hong Kong.

I also don't recognize any of the RC/LG/LR questions brought up in the US forums - are those often different?

foreverhoping

New

Post by foreverhoping » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:04 am

Thanks for posting, such a relief to find others who took the same test! I had LR-RC-LG-LR-RC. I unfortunately had the itineraries and plows too, but found that the 3rd/4th games (whatever they were) were excessively difficult too so maybe it'll help out the curve. Did you have the marine artifacts and physics passages? Overall, I found everything besides LG to be fair; I'm thinking maybe a -9?

Yep, international tests are definitely different due to time zones - hoping more will jump onto this thread!

jk123

New

Post by jk123 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:13 am

Thanks! At least it's better to know, and at least I answered them all. I guess I'm nervous because I didn't get to check over them/found the first one (somehow...) to be tough. I did find LR and RC a lot easier than my practices, so hopefully it'll all even out. It'll be a tough month of waiting though :(

And yep, I did get marine artifacts, linguistics/physics.

jk123

New

Post by jk123 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:20 am

Also on curves: apparently all scores outside of the US aren't even disclosed, which I didn't realize before taking it...so I guess we'll never know?

Outside of LG, I did feel it was a lot easier, so I'm guessing something around 9 or 10, yeah.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shha

New

Post by shha » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:24 am

foreverhoping wrote:Thanks for posting, such a relief to find others who took the same test! I had LR-RC-LG-LR-RC. I unfortunately had the itineraries and plows too, but found that the 3rd/4th games (whatever they were) were excessively difficult too so maybe it'll help out the curve. Did you have the marine artifacts and physics passages? Overall, I found everything besides LG to be fair; I'm thinking maybe a -9?

Yep, international tests are definitely different due to time zones - hoping more will jump onto this thread!
Took my test in South Korea! I'm just glad it's over... For now. Anyway, I also had LR-RC-LG-LR-RC. I am prayingggggg that the first RC was the experimental cuz I had to guess on like, three problems. I've heard that usually one of the first three sections is the experimental... But is this for sure though?:/

I thought the LR sections were alright... But then again, I've had the same feeling for some of the PTs that I've bombed so I can't be too sure.

shha

New

Post by shha » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:44 am

jk123 wrote:Also on curves: apparently all scores outside of the US aren't even disclosed, which I didn't realize before taking it...so I guess we'll never know?

Outside of LG, I did feel it was a lot easier, so I'm guessing something around 9 or 10, yeah.
Oh wow I didn't know that.... So we don't even know how many questions that we got wrong per section? :(

yoonhos2

New

Post by yoonhos2 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:02 am

I heard that the salad and pastry game was the experimental :( i took mine in korea and i think the same experimental was in the US lsat too from what i read

yoonhos2

New

Post by yoonhos2 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:08 am

and for rc i had the shipwreck and malaria passages so they should be the nonexperimental.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

neprep

Silver

Post by neprep » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:17 am

Yo folks! I took the test in Asia too. I had:

LG-LR-LG-RC-LR

I thought that the first games section was hard, but the RC really "made up" for it, I feel.

ETA: I think a -9 curve is wayyyyy too stingy. I'd go so far as to predict a -11, because games was tough, and LR, while standard, wasn't a walk in the park like 66.

Howl

Bronze

Post by Howl » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:36 am

I took the test in Asia as well. I had LR-RC-LG-LR-RC, which was an ideal arrangement.

The LG I actually didn't think was too hard - 4 average/above-average difficulty games, but nothing on the order of Dinos or Conferences or even Zones.

Was it just me that found the physics passage incredibly hard? I was so lost during the entire thing, having zero physics background to orient myself in.

I also thought the two LRs were slightly above average difficulty.

It's a shame we won't ever know the curve, or what we got wrong. But it's my third time taking it anyway so I guess it won't matter.
Last edited by Howl on Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

tigersaresexy

Bronze

Post by tigersaresexy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:37 am

Just took it in India.

LR-RC-LG-LR-RC

Holy balls that 3rd game [MOD EDIT] was horrible!! The [MOD EDIT] almost had me in tears.

User was banned for violating forum rules against discussing LSAT questions.

tigersaresexy

Bronze

Post by tigersaresexy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:38 am

Howl wrote: Was it just me that found the physics passage incredibly hard? I was so lost during the entire thing, having zero physics background to orient myself in.
Pretty sure the physics passage was experimental, and yes it was extremely hard. I kind of gave up half way through it, thank god it was the last one.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Howl

Bronze

Post by Howl » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:42 am

tigersaresexy wrote:
Howl wrote: Was it just me that found the physics passage incredibly hard? I was so lost during the entire thing, having zero physics background to orient myself in.
Pretty sure the physics passage was experimental, and yes it was extremely hard. I kind of gave up half way through it, thank god it was the last one.
Oh thank God. I keep getting mixed up on which one is the exp and which one is real.

kkdk

Bronze

Post by kkdk » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:49 am

just took in India. malaria/UN-ships seems to be the real RC. I had LR-RC(exp)-LG-LR-RC. 1st LR was ok, found RC and LR2 to be a breeze, LG was ok save the last game threw me off.

I agree -9 seems too stingy. I predicted -12 when I walked out, but on second thought it's probably -10.

had 2 alarms go off during our administration lol. and 1 power cut. and the desks were so tiny, ur knees would bang into the legs.

sigh...at least it's over! anyone taking it abroad because they happened to be in that country at the time? I'm not actually from India..

tigersaresexy

Bronze

Post by tigersaresexy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:07 am

kkdk wrote: had 2 alarms go off during our administration lol. and 1 power cut. and the desks were so tiny, ur knees would bang into the legs.
HA we were in the same test then. What the fuck was that alarm anyway? Never have I been more annoyed.

neprep

Silver

Post by neprep » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:09 am

tigersaresexy wrote:
kkdk wrote: had 2 alarms go off during our administration lol. and 1 power cut. and the desks were so tiny, ur knees would bang into the legs.
HA we were in the same test then. What the fuck was that alarm anyway? Never have I been more annoyed.
It was pretty late in the test, so I was #yolo at that time. But if it would have happened during the first section I would have flipped out.

Also -10? :shock: Yeah, I guess that's fair. I really want a -12 though...perhaps -11. I guess we'll never know.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tigersaresexy

Bronze

Post by tigersaresexy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:57 am

I have my fingers crossed on -12, though I think -11 is more likely given curves of recent tests. Did anyone note how many questions there were?

yoonhos2

New

Post by yoonhos2 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:13 am

there were 101 i think. 23, 25, 26, 27. i really hope its -11 or -12... the game sucked

desichhori

New

Post by desichhori » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:14 am

yup took it in Korea.. had LG-LR-LG-RC-LR Yes the pasta one was experimental... honestly thought the first LG was easier... had some trouble with retained/upgraded LG.... but overall was satisfied...

Just have a question: If you cancel a score, does that count as ONE TEST as I heard you can take only 3 TESTS in 2 YEARS? So if you cancel is it 1 attempt out of 3? Please let me know...

questionsandanswers

New

Post by questionsandanswers » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:42 am

desichhori wrote:yup took it in Korea.. had LG-LR-LG-RC-LR Yes the pasta one was experimental... honestly thought the first LG was easier... had some trouble with retained/upgraded LG.... but overall was satisfied...

Just have a question: If you cancel a score, does that count as ONE TEST as I heard you can take only 3 TESTS in 2 YEARS? So if you cancel is it 1 attempt out of 3? Please let me know...
Yeah it's counted as one of the attempts.

Gah I also had 2 LG sections, usually they are my favorite but messed up the first one due to extremely high stress levels, unfortunately it seems that the first one was the real one :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

foreverhoping

New

Post by foreverhoping » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:13 am

yoonhos2 wrote:there were 101 i think. 23, 25, 26, 27. i really hope its -11 or -12... the game sucked
yeah i have the same numbers, 101 is right. -11 would be great, like others who have posted LG is usually a reasonably strong section for me and my brain panicked when i realized how fast time passed... it forced me to blindly guess, which i hadnt done on PTs for awhile :(

broseph9522

New

Post by broseph9522 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:10 pm

Anyone take the LSAT in Europe?

claudemonet55

New

Post by claudemonet55 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:37 pm

broseph9522 wrote:Anyone take the LSAT in Europe?
I took in Paris, and here what happened.
The proctors there were as bitchy as it rumored, NO KIDDING!! anyone who plan to take LSAT in Paris should be prepared mentally...ALSO there weren't any locker in the building, so if you had your cell you cannot even take into the building...

My order was: LG(23Q)-RC(27Q)-LR(25R) () LG(23Q)-LR(25Q)
LG: the first LG was quite easy, finished in 30min, seemed like the experimental ones. the second is Ok, nothing weird although the assignment game took some times...
RC: long and not easy, the 3rd science one which is not easy at all even I was major in that area;I had to rush the last paragraph (5Q) in 5min.....doomed....
LR1: a bit bizarre for me since too much para/flaw/princip (almost half?) but turn out to be ok.
LR2; nothing particular...manage to finished in 31min and don't know how to spend the extra 4 min!....

Overall, a little difficult than 69 (RC), but I think the 170 curve should be -10/-11, no more than -12.

Anyone else in the Europe care to share some your feeling?
P.s for those want to sure whether their RC was exp, my RC were about
1.African music.
2.(compara) marketing ^psychology
3.evolution of birds (I hat this...)
4.software patent stuff.

samiam1

New

Post by samiam1 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:20 pm

claudemonet55 wrote:
broseph9522 wrote:Anyone take the LSAT in Europe?
My order was: LG(23Q)-RC(27Q)-LR(25R) () LG(23Q)-LR(25Q)
LG: the first LG was quite easy, finished in 30min, seemed like the experimental ones. the second is Ok, nothing weird although the assignment game took some times...
RC: long and not easy, the 3rd science one which is not easy at all even I was major in that area;I had to rush the last paragraph (5Q) in 5min.....doomed....
LR1: a bit bizarre for me since too much para/flaw/princip (almost half?) but turn out to be ok.
LR2; nothing particular...manage to finished in 31min and don't know how to spend the extra 4 min!....

Hey, we took the same exam in the same order it seems. Which logic game was the experimental - i.e. the game with retained/upgrade was that experimental you think or real?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”