Is Buying RC Guide Worth it? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
threeplusthree

New

Is Buying RC Guide Worth it?

Post by threeplusthree » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:32 am

Do you guys find you needed a separate "bible" for RC? Or did you do OK without one?

Seems the most natural of the three types of LSAT sections.

DEO3029

New

Re: Is Buying RC Guide Worth it?

Post by DEO3029 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:07 am

RC really didn't click for me until the LSAT Trainer.

Mike Kim (the trainer) has an overview posted a RC chapter on his site - --LinkRemoved-- That is a nice overview of the Trainer methods on RC.

0913djp

Bronze

Post by 0913djp » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:00 am

I don't really think the Manhattan guide is very helpful. On top of that, it costs $40 for a relatively small guidebook.

That being said, if you can borrow it or find it at a local bookstore and just read it in the store...that should be sufficient at least to absorb the concepts it provides. Honestly, the best advice for RC is to read passages and learn how to understand the structure efficiently in under three minutes, ideally. Notation will become less and less helpful once you develop a rhythm with the RC passages.

bilbaosan

Bronze

Post by bilbaosan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:03 pm

threeplusthree wrote:Do you guys find you needed a separate "bible" for RC? Or did you do OK without one?

Seems the most natural of the three types of LSAT sections.
I have bought Manhattan LSAT RC and found it of very little use even for a $10 book. The book also contains relatively little material written by the authors - it is a thin book for LSAT (170 pages or so), and 75% of it consists of LSAT RC passages and question explanations. If you do your search on this forum you'll learn more about RC than from this book.

ThetaX

Bronze

Post by ThetaX » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:00 pm

DEO3029 wrote:RC really didn't click for me until the LSAT Trainer.

Mike Kim (the trainer) has an overview posted a RC chapter on his site - --LinkRemoved-- That is a nice overview of the Trainer methods on RC.
That link is very useful, thank you!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”