6 month study guide for Powerscore bibles + Manhattan books? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
HPbaxxter

New

6 month study guide for Powerscore bibles + Manhattan books?

Post by HPbaxxter » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:12 pm

Does anyone know of a 6 month plan using both the Powerscore and Manhattan books? I can't find one for the life of me.

flash21

Gold

Re: 6 month study guide for Powerscore bibles + Manhattan books?

Post by flash21 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:59 pm

Lsat blog has some good ones

HPbaxxter

New

Post by HPbaxxter » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:23 pm

flash21 wrote:Lsat blog has some good ones
Yeah, I bought their stuff yesterday. It doesn't include Manhattan but I'll probably work it in somewhere.

warandpeace

Bronze

Post by warandpeace » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:26 pm

I'm just going to put my two cents in here even though you are clearly going to do self study. Before you commit to self study, really figure out if you know you can do that and stick to it, or if you need the structure and encouragement of a class. I wasted a long time before I realized I wasn't committing to self study, and I've finally put myself in a class setting. It's very worth it, seriously.

HPbaxxter

New

Post by HPbaxxter » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:12 pm

warandpeace wrote:I'm just going to put my two cents in here even though you are clearly going to do self study. Before you commit to self study, really figure out if you know you can do that and stick to it, or if you need the structure and encouragement of a class. I wasted a long time before I realized I wasn't committing to self study, and I've finally put myself in a class setting. It's very worth it, seriously.
Thanks for the advice. This wasn't a decision that I made hastily and I'm leaving open the possibility of taking a class with a month or two left until the test (I'm taking it in February.) I'm probably also going to hire a tutor to help me patch things down towards the end. That said, I have 7 months to go and I got a 161 on my diagnostic so I don't know how beneficial a class would even be at this point. I suppose I could take Powerscore's advanced logic games classes in a few months, but based on what I've gathered from TLS, the classes move at the pace of the slowest student.

Like you, I also have problems with committing to a schedule sometimes, which is why I bought the day-by-day plan from LSAT Blog. If I have structure I can buckle down. But that's just me, and I certainly don't want to imply that classes aren't helpful for anyone.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

warandpeace

Bronze

Post by warandpeace » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:11 pm

HPbaxxter wrote:
warandpeace wrote:I'm just going to put my two cents in here even though you are clearly going to do self study. Before you commit to self study, really figure out if you know you can do that and stick to it, or if you need the structure and encouragement of a class. I wasted a long time before I realized I wasn't committing to self study, and I've finally put myself in a class setting. It's very worth it, seriously.
Thanks for the advice. This wasn't a decision that I made hastily and I'm leaving open the possibility of taking a class with a month or two left until the test (I'm taking it in February.) I'm probably also going to hire a tutor to help me patch things down towards the end. That said, I have 7 months to go and I got a 161 on my diagnostic so I don't know how beneficial a class would even be at this point. I suppose I could take Powerscore's advanced logic games classes in a few months, but based on what I've gathered from TLS, the classes move at the pace of the slowest student.

Like you, I also have problems with committing to a schedule sometimes, which is why I bought the day-by-day plan from LSAT Blog. If I have structure I can buckle down. But that's just me, and I certainly don't want to imply that classes aren't helpful for anyone.
I actually recommend taking the class now, rather than later, then building off of that. You don't need 7 months.

y2zipper

New

Post by y2zipper » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Six months is a long time. Seriously. I've been studying for the October since May 1, and I'm doing it that way because I only have about 3-4 hours a day to study between my job. I spent the 1st 3 months going through manhattan LR, PS games and RC. Now I'm practice testing at around 170.

Don't focus on a structured schedule so much. You don't need one. Make sure you stay disciplined during your study time and commit to it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”