Free LSAT India Practice Tests

Archangel

Free LSAT India Practice Tests

Postby Archangel » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:59 pm

Four PTs you may have never seen before are within the link below.

--LinkRemoved--

Btw click on the black bullet points to open the PDFs .... Lol

Otunga

Re: Free LSAT India Practice Tests

Postby Otunga » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:53 pm

The first test looks like the 2007 test with Indian names and terms substituted in for American names and terms. But are the other ones actual, unreleased tests previously administered with the same substitutions?

Archangel

Postby Archangel » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Otunga wrote:The first test looks like the 2007 test with Indian names and terms substituted in for American names and terms. But are the other ones actual, unreleased tests previously administered with the same substitutions?

You are correct, the first is a weird switched up version of June 07. Briefly looking over the other PTs there are some switched up games that look similar to some older ones whereas others are not. The RC seems different as well as the LR. I'm sure it's possible to find altered US LR Q's, while many others seem to be originals. I haven't yet noticed any US RC passages.

the_pakalypse

Postby the_pakalypse » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:41 am

Holy crap. Can't believe this exists! New material that I had never seen before....

the_pakalypse

Postby the_pakalypse » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:43 am

although they do explain "Although modeled on the Law School Admission Test (LSAT), it is adapted to the specific needs of Indian legal education."

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:36 am

Otunga wrote:The first test looks like the 2007 test with Indian names and terms substituted in for American names and terms. But are the other ones actual, unreleased tests previously administered with the same substitutions?

I know for sure one of them is from a test-form that was used as a non-disclosed LSAT many years ago that was later modified and recycled to become an LSAT-India test. The games section is the same but the LR sections are a little bit different than the India version with most but not all of the same questions in the sections. The original USA/N America version was assembled and perhaps first put to work as a test-form used for non-disclosed administrations in 2004.

I know this legitimately from a project I did while working for a test prep company a few years ago when we had a student that needed Braille tests to practice with. We managed to get LSAC to send us one along with a printed text version when we made a special request. The one they sent was not one of the released PrepTests. The copyright date on the printed text copy (I didn't verify it in the Braille version, cuz, I don't read Braille! lol) was 2004 and we got it from LSAC in 2008, so who knows how many times it was administered in Braille and normal form over the years while it was a non-disclosed test-form before becoming an LSAT-India version.

Given this plus the fact that another is a modified June 2007 test, I'd guess that the other two are also modified versions of older LSAT test forms that were previously used for non-disclosed administrations of the normal American LSAT. I'd be surprised otherwise given all the work it takes to create each test and the amount of non-disclosed tests given over the years that remain undisclosed. Might as well make use of previous work and recycle when you can!

The only thing that makes them less than ideal for extra practice (well, also that there is no score conversion chart, doh!) are the few sections where the questions only have four answer choices instead of five. I don't understand what is going on with that since not all of those tests have sections with only four answer choices questions. WTF? Do LSAT-India test takers go into test day thinking 'I hope I get lucky and get some four answer choice sections!'?

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:45 am

Archangel wrote:Four PTs you may have never seen before are within the link below.

--LinkRemoved--

Btw click on the black bullet points to open the PDFs .... Lol

Extra material I will certainly utilize. Thanks!!

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:06 am

When LSAT-India came out a few years ago, there was only one sample exam on the Pearson website, and all 4 sections in the sample exam had only 4 answer choices.

At first, I was surprised, but it made sense, given that this is an exam for high school kids to gain acceptance to undergraduate law programs (law school is an undergraduate program in India). I don't know why there are sections in these exams with 5 answer choices, but that's certainly better for those taking the regular LSAT.

This is a great find. And I got a kick out of LSAC giving an Indian flavor to the topics and names in many questions. (It's a big change from the effort to demonstrate cultural diversity and sensitivity with Gutierrez, Hoffman, and Imamura riding a bus together.)

It looks like those taking the regular LSAT now have a few extra PrepTests to use for their studying. Given that these are produced by LSAC itself, we can be fairly confident that these are perfectly legitimate questions, making them great study material.

the_pakalypse wrote:although they do explain "Although modeled on the Law School Admission Test (LSAT), it is adapted to the specific needs of Indian legal education."

I wouldn't worry about this. If the LSAT is not adapted to the specific needs of Canadian, Australian, or Puerto Rican legal education, etc. as opposed to American legal education, I doubt there's a substantive difference in the questions.

However, since this is for high school students, the composition of certain sections as a whole may tend to include easier questions so that the average section is easier than on the regular LSAT. On the other hand, they could simply account for this by adjusting the raw score conversions accordingly.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:29 pm

These fresh questions are great; wish I had come across them while studying for the June test. For anyone who's gone through these tests already, how do the LR Q's compare to the more recent tests?

Motivator9

Postby Motivator9 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:33 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:When LSAT-India came out a few years ago, there was only one sample exam on the Pearson website, and all 4 sections in the sample exam had only 4 answer choices.

At first, I was surprised, but it made sense, given that this is an exam for high school kids to gain acceptance to undergraduate law programs (law school is an undergraduate program in India). I don't know why there are sections in these exams with 5 answer choices, but that's certainly better for those taking the regular LSAT.

This is a great find. And I got a kick out of LSAC giving an Indian flavor to the topics and names in many questions. (It's a big change from the effort to demonstrate cultural diversity and sensitivity with Gutierrez, Hoffman, and Imamura riding a bus together.)

It looks like those taking the regular LSAT now have a few extra PrepTests to use for their studying. Given that these are produced by LSAC itself, we can be fairly confident that these are perfectly legitimate questions, making them great study material.

the_pakalypse wrote:although they do explain "Although modeled on the Law School Admission Test (LSAT), it is adapted to the specific needs of Indian legal education."

I wouldn't worry about this. If the LSAT is not adapted to the specific needs of Canadian, Australian, or Puerto Rican legal education, etc. as opposed to American legal education, I doubt there's a substantive difference in the questions.

However, since this is for high school students, the composition of certain sections as a whole may tend to include easier questions so that the average section is easier than on the regular LSAT. On the other hand, they could simply account for this by adjusting the raw score conversions accordingly.

I came across these awhile ago but I was worried that they might be different than those given here, but now that you've cleared that up, I guess I can use these as well.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:05 pm

When using the LR questions, just make sure you understand that the sections overall may give you an increased sense of confidence than regular LR sections since it appears that questions of the highest difficulty level that appear in the American versions were removed from the India versions since it is aimed at India high school graduates.

This means that you will not encounter any or many questions of the highest difficulty level most people commonly miss that hold them back from perfect/near perfect LR section performance. People that typically only miss roughly five or less per LR section, with those holding one back from high 160s/getting into the 170s will probably get near perfect scores on the LR India sections. Just a word of caution for those going for 170+, don't get super excited if you are easily able to score near perfect on these sections when not able to do so on typical LR sections. Other than that, only four answers for some questions, and that there is no scoring scale for the tests, they are good materials just for some extra practice to keep the mental gears greased.

banjo

Postby banjo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:25 pm

Seriously an awesome find. Forwarding to one of my students.

beyondabilities

Postby beyondabilities » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Just took India PT2 yesterday and went -5 total out of a 100 questions. Here are my thoughts on each section:

LR: (I went -1 on both LR sections).
- The stimuli were pretty similar in difficulty to the US LR stimuli i.e. I didn't get the impression that the reading level was lowered to be more friendly to high schoolers)
- There seemed to be more obviously wrong answer choices here that you could cross out pretty much right away.
- The 90s practice of asking two questions about a single LR stimulus was in use.
- I also got the impression that on several questions, the answer was less than satisfying and you really needed to work from wrong-right to get to the correct answer (much like the 90s).

RC: (went -0)
- The reading comprehension section seemed somewhat easier than usual. RC is by far my weakest section and for the first time in my life I went -0 on RC.
- There were only two Main Point questions
- One passage had 9 questions and another had four questions (the minimum is five in the US and the max is eight)
- The questions didn't seem to get particularly more difficult as the section progressed. In fact, the last passage which had 9 questions seemed to be one of the easiest and most straightforward.
- Much like LR, RC passages weren't particularly different but it did seem like there were more obviously wrong ACs that you could cross off right away.

LG: (went -3).
- Although I went -3, I didn't find the section particularly tough. Going back, all the ones I missed had obvious answers.
- Although the questions weren't tough, the game types seemed more difficult than your typical modern LSAT: Game 1 was an unstable grouping game, Game 2 was a grouping/ordering game, Game 3 was a tiered ordering game, and Game 4 was another unstable grouping game. Notice there were no basic 1:1 ordering, in-out grouping, or stable grouping games - all the games were combo games or had a good deal of uncertainty.
- Much like RC, on game only had four questions (as opposed to your typical minimum of five) and another had eight questions (as opposed to the max of 7).

cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:08 am

This is absolutely brilliant. Thanks!

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:05 pm

I wanted to give my experience with this, just in case anyone else is curious.

I took #4 this weekend and went -1. This test has close to 100% new content, as far as I can tell. It has 5 answer choices per question, but only 92 questions total. The content does feel slightly easier than the NA tests, but it's definitely a legitimate version of the LSAT and I think even some of the seasoned tutors on this forum would have difficulty spotting any real differences aside from cultural context (e.g., rupee instead of dollar).

This is helpful as a sanity check if you're like me and have taken all the NA PrepTests multiple times. #2 has 100 questions with 5 answer choices per, so I think I'll take that one next.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:43 pm

I did #4 LG yesterday, and plan on doing the other sections as well. The LG was easy, but nothing too unusual compared to some other easy NA PT's. Setup for one game was weird at first, but again, nothing too unusual.

kobe1020

Postby kobe1020 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:46 pm

bump. going to use them for PT. Let more test taker know.

aesth24

Postby aesth24 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:25 pm

Just took their PrepTest No. 4. -0 in LG and RC, -7 in LR total (-3 and -4, blind review got me to 0 in both pretty quickly, may have read too fast)

The RC was definitely easier than ours. The LG was approx the same, no noticeable difference. The LR was also a little easier, though my score doesn't seem to reflect that LOL.

All in all, the test was indeed easier. There were less questions per section as well. However, I still think it can be very valuable since the Qs are quite similar to ours. Just less mumbo jumbo.

SecondWind

Postby SecondWind » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:43 pm

For some reason, OP's link didn't work for me, so I used the one below. Nonetheless, GREAT find OP.

--LinkRemoved--

Direct Links:
PTIndia1: http://www.pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindi ... Layout.pdf
PTIndia2: http://www.pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindi ... nal_v2.pdf
PTIndia3: http://www.pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindi ... Layout.pdf
PTIndia4: http://www.pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindi ... nal_v4.pdf

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”