Progress and General question about drilling Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Nicolena.

Bronze

Progress and General question about drilling

Post by Nicolena. » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:19 pm

How much should you be accomplishing in three hrs of study?

Should you drill after you read and review a section in mlsat or should you read the book completely through, then review, then drill accordingly? I've been doing the first one, but I wonder if I'm spending too much time on one section. I do see improvement though.

magickware

Bronze

Re: Progress and General question about drilling

Post by magickware » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:53 pm

I would say read the book and do the work inside it first, then re-read the book while using packets from Cambridge LSAT.

The first time through and doing the work in the book gives you a basic idea of the question types and allows you to establish things that you know and do not know. In other words, give gives you enough knowledge to establish weaknesses. You will then quash said weaknesses with extreme prejudice (always wanted to use that phrase; felt it was quite appropriate here) while you go through the book a second time.

The first time through should be done in a week or two at most; the book is short and each section and the work should take no longer than half a day at best. The second time through may takes months; depends entirely on your comfort level with the test and your familiarity with logical reasoning in general.

I would recommend that you just about memorize conditional logic before you do anything though. That thing is relevant for just about everything.

Nicolena.

Bronze

Re: Progress and General question about drilling

Post by Nicolena. » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:00 pm

magickware wrote:I would say read the book and do the work inside it first, then re-read the book while using packets from Cambridge LSAT.

The first time through and doing the work in the book gives you a basic idea of the question types and allows you to establish things that you know and do not know. In other words, give gives you enough knowledge to establish weaknesses. You will then quash said weaknesses with extreme prejudice (always wanted to use that phrase; felt it was quite appropriate here) while you go through the book a second time.

The first time through should be done in a week or two at most; the book is short and each section and the work should take no longer than half a day at best. The second time through may takes months; depends entirely on your comfort level with the test and your familiarity with logical reasoning in general.

I would recommend that you just about memorize conditional logic before you do anything though. That thing is relevant for just about everything.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”